Walsall Away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BusheyBlade

Reaction score
By sheer coincidence I'm away working in Birmingham for a week when we play Walsall on the 17th so thought I might make the short trip up the motorway to the Bescott. Any advice on parking etc...? Is it worth my while?

I notice it's all ticket at the moment but as the project may shift I might not be there after all so dont fancy buying an advance ticket I may never use. What are the chances of it ending up being pay on the day?

Loads of Parking near the ground ,don't trust the club outside the ground for a beer unless your early ,Ive always got tickets even though 3 sides of the ground are empty.

When I went to the JPT match there was parking just outside the away end and we got away fairly prompt. Granted, it wasn't the biggest crowd. We also had a warm welcome at the bar at the ground. Don't know of any pubs near the ground, but understand these Black Country folk like their ale. More of a lager man myself.

By sheer coincidence I'm away working in Birmingham for a week when we play Walsall on the 17th so thought I might make the short trip up the motorway to the Bescott. Any advice on parking etc...? Is it worth my while?

I notice it's all ticket at the moment but as the project may shift I might not be there after all so dont fancy buying an advance ticket I may never use. What are the chances of it ending up being pay on the day?

Whereabouts are you staying in Birmingham?

I parked in the station car park for the JPT have then met Foxy and DazBlade88 in the club.

However I would expect a bigger crowd for the league game, in the past I have parked on a side road near the ground.

One alternative is to get a train from the city centre to the bescot, not sure on the time of the last train though...

As an aside, anyone driving from Manchester or there abouts that has a seat in exchange for petrol money?

Whereabouts are you staying in Birmingham?

Not booked anything yet, but it will be somewhere quite central, near New Street station. I don't want to rely on trains too much as I have no idea what time I'll finish work that evening.

Not booked anything yet, but it will be somewhere quite central, near New Street station. I don't want to rely on trains too much as I have no idea what time I'll finish work that evening.

I know the trains from New Street to Bescot go every half or so and only take 25 minutes. My other observation is that the traffic in Birmingham and Walsall at that time of the evening varies between dreadful and horrendous on most evenings, so it may something to consider.

I know the trains from New Street to Bescot go every half or so and only take 25 minutes. My other observation is that the traffic in Birmingham and Walsall at that time of the evening varies between dreadful and horrendous on most evenings, so it may something to consider.

Ok, thanks for the advice. Chances are the whole project will be canned and I'll have nothing to do that week anyway so it'll all be worthless anyway. Oh, and after last night...well...

Ok, thanks for the advice. Chances are the whole project will be canned and I'll have nothing to do that week anyway so it'll all be worthless anyway. Oh, and after last night...well...

No worries... The Blades Promotion Band Wagon will be rolling again by then, am sure of it. Probably.

Back
Top Bottom