View from Yeovil

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
“Sheffield United are a different side these days. Pass you to death. Long way away from the side we did over in the play offs. “

“Shocking performance again. More misguided passes than a 1970s Top of the Pops recording “

“Poor game all round”

“We were never at the races. They made the most of our two defensive errors”

“Awful performance”

“That was very, very poor”

“Ref ignores foul on Dawson and waves Blades thru for 2nd goal. Another terrible decision against us. Yeovil rightly punished for their bad challenges. Sheff Utd not so much”

“Have to give credit to a good Sheff Utd side but they will be played better sides”

“Really disappointing performance last night, we can't play like that and expect to get anything “

“Back from Sheffield absolute wank, United controlled that match from start too finish Johnson out. “

“Never looked like scoring”

“Really wasn't worth going tonight”

“We deserved something from that game”

Just the one I pick out too!

Reasonable set of responses there really. That they 'deserved something' is a bit of a stretch but there you go.

Ah yes, that well known defensive error of an inch-perfect lofted through ball.

They might think the defender sold himself when he was taken out of the game by Murphy's chest control. I haven't seen it back mind so I couldn't say if that was fair.

They might think the defender sold himself when he was taken out of the game by Murphy's chest control. I haven't seen it back mind so I couldn't say if that was fair.
Possibly. Hopefully it'll turn out that we just scored a cracking goal for once :)

Possibly. Hopefully it'll turn out that we just scored a cracking goal for once :)

Well you can't argue with the pass, Murphy's touch or the finish even if the defender might have done better. Still a superb goal whatever for me!

“Ref ignores foul on Dawson and waves Blades thru for 2nd goal. Another terrible decision against us. Yeovil rightly punished for their bad challenges. Sheff Utd not so much”

Having just watched the highlights it did look a foul by Harris to me. Both feet off the ground, you usually see a free kick given. From there though, lovely pass and a firm finish which we don't always see from Murphy.

Fair comments here. Yet again we were good at times and maddeningly rudderless after going ahead.
The Reed / Murphy moment of quality saved our second half.

Yeovil looked like a decent striker would solve their problems.

That lad Jordy Hiwula (No 25), faded a bit in the second half but looks some prospect as did the No 17 Joel Grant. They were quick, athletic but lacked an end product, only looked like scoring when Harrison tried to assist and, when Howard had a butterfingers moment at the Kop end. Think their fans were too hard on them.

“Sheffield United are a different side these days. Pass you to death. Long way away from the side we did over in the play offs. “

if only some blades would start to see this, scepticism is a terrible disease

If only we did that every week eh BTL?

What makes you think we don't? Are you confusing the wish to see us have better players and score more goals with better strikers with the misconception that we don't believe there is a massive improvement from Blackwell and Weir and latterly Wilson form?

I think in the long term it will be better , but he had to finish last season with the players inherited and some quality loans , which we havent replaced , not for the want of trying , what he has done is made the basic squad eons better ,, to replace maguire and brayford wont be done in a blink of the eye , we are running with the basic squad , trying to replace said quality ,but if people cant come we have to use what we have

The ref had a shocker for us, when we gonna get a homer?

Totally bottled sending their man off for a second booking when the constantly went unpunished for smashing in tackles from behind on our players.

Back
Top Bottom