View From Swindon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I chatted to a couple of Swindon fans as I walked back to the station - they were very clear that the better team won. Music to my ears.

If that is the only game I see this season, then I picked a good one. Very decent performance, and the obvious team spirit is clear to see. I'll go back to SE Asia with a new found confidence. Follow follow follow.

Cheers Roy!

I can't get used to the opposition liking us so much. I reckon Adkins is using magic goose grease elixir on our lad's calves and their fans are sniffing it.

Excellent read, physically stronger wow. Well done blades. Pretty much as good as it will get this season.

The rest will just be bitter Swindon fans seem honest.

“Deserved win for Blades"
"very impressive Sheff Utd side"
"Blades will piss this league"

That'll do for me.

Reed played a blinder. The back four did OK although my heart was in my mouth for a couple of crossed set pieces.
Adams was sluggish and disappointing. Sharp was pretty sharp. Jamal had a good first half then tired a bit. Overall a good solid performance and a good result. Collins' goal was about the worst I have ever seen but eh it went in.

UTB

Some good, measured stuff from Swindon there. Last season was probably their big chance and they blew it with the team about to break up. Always good to read what the opposition think. BUT.

If we had scored that first goal when dominating, it would of been a very different game.

I will never, ever, understand the use of the word 'of' instead of the correct 'have'.

Unless I'm watching Jeremy Kyle.:D

If we had scored that first goal when dominating, it would of been a very different game.

I will never, ever, understand the use of the word 'of' instead of the correct 'have'.

Unless I'm watching Jeremy Kyle.:D
Let me try to help you understand why an annoyingly large number of people make this mistake then.

When people say "would've" it sounds like "would of", which makes them think that's the correct way to write it.

Let me try to help you understand why an annoyingly large number of people make this mistake then.

When people say "would've" it sounds like "would of", which makes them think that's the correct way to write it.

Ah, so it's an age thing! When I was a kid, we had a long-forgotten thing called 'education'! :D

Ah, so it's an age thing! When I was a kid, we had a long-forgotten thing called 'education'! :D
I'm sure people would have made similar mistakes back then but written communication is an everyday thing nowadays. Back in your day (;)) they just had letters'n'pigeons'n'that...

Then, I wish they would Fukin write "would've " instead.

And pretty soon they'll be right. Democracy in action.

“Beaten by a physically stronger side. That was the difference.”

“Men against boys!”

Fucking top banana

I'm sure people would have made similar mistakes back then but written communication is an everyday thing nowadays. Back in your day (;)) they just had letters'n'pigeons'n'that...

That's summat else t'young 'uns have forgotten. Respect for th'elders.

Reactions: Dec

IS THIS A FORUM OR AN A LEVEL EXAM I LEFT SCHOOL 53 YEARS AGO AND I FOR ONE COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT
THE GRAMMAR AS LONG AS I CAN UNDERSTAND THE POST,,,

rafikhaus, post: 820913, member: 1936"]That's summat else t'young 'uns have forgotten. Respect for th'elders.

Genuinely never heard anyone from Sheffield speak that way, its the preserve of west Yorkshire.

Winning at a canter at one of the division's top sides, keep their danger men quiet, 3rd clean sheet in 4 games, 4th win on the trot, up into one of the automatic slots. AND their lot praising us & saying we deserved it! AND the geese celebration!!

FFS, can't we rewind 3 weeks? I'm right out of me comfort zone with all this good stuff :confused:

IS THIS A FORUM OR AN A LEVEL EXAM I LEFT SCHOOL 53 YEARS AGO AND I FOR ONE COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT
THE GRAMMAR AS LONG AS I CAN UNDERSTAND THE POST,,,
Are you angry at my post, at the fact that your caps lock key is broken, or just in general?

I didn't even insult someone for their grammar. Someone just said he didn't know why people write a certain why so I tried to help him understand why.

Chill out fella, t'Blades won.

Back
Top Bottom