View from Swindon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“Ref was a spectator wasn’t he ? Let far too much go and we should’ve had a pen”

It's a common phenomenon the old loose lose conundrum

Given the context, fairly balanced stuff.

UTB

Agreed.

I'd have sent Higdon off and quite probably their lad too for assaulting Che. We did our fair share of fouling, much more than usual, but it pains me to say that's probably a positive. We won a battle yesterday and that's been so rare this season.

Cheers Roy..decent comments.
Can't see us catching them unless they collapse/get a few injuries...

Maybe MK Dongs will keep it together this year too?

" How their fat 21 wasn’t sent off is a mystery" :D

General concesus, ref diabolical, about right. They appear to over look how many of their players were booked. It wasn't a dirty game really. Just ref out of his depth. They were best side in first half and did look like a home side should. In second half we were the better side. Probably best team I've seen at Lane this season in our league.

Is it really that difficult to spell LOSE properly? It would seem so.
No chance of spelling 'lose' properly..they had THREE different spellings of BDTBL!

“Bramhall Lane is never a happy hunting ground for us.”

“Had a feeling we’d lose today. Never get anything at Brammall Lane irrelevant of form.”

“Well, normal Bramall lane bollocks then.”

An insight to read that we were the dirtiest team they'd played bc I'd've said the same about them.

That said, for us, for much of the first half, Higdon and Davies looked and played like Motorhead roadies. If you don't watch us every week then you might think that's how we always set up.

As far as they go: plenty of teams come to the Lane and try to kick or foul us - but not many start diving and rolling around. I counted three (keeper, left back(?), one other). Southampton were similar, but I thought Division 1 had exclusive rights to those theatrics.

According to the accounts above the bloke who Higdon trod on has cuts and bruises. Not sure I believe that. Even then, it didn't seem malicious, just clumsy. And whatever magical/divine elixir was administered, it worked bc he was resurrected to 100% fitness.

And I wonder if all the diving meant they were denied a penalty before we got our second. Crying Wolf.

With a weak ref failing to act and not making big (or even middle-sized) calls it can be very tempting to get all hot-headed, "take matters into your own hands" (ie run around trying to kick people), and get sent off. Very impressive that we stuck to our game. And very satisfying to win.

On a footballing (as opposed to am-dram) note they were very incisive in their passing, they cut us open through the middle several times, and found plenty of large pockets of space in and around the box - though I don't know how much that was to do with them being good or us being strangers who'd met up in the car park half an hour before kick off.

The best and worst Division 3 team we've played this season?

Wasn't the lad trying to get Higdon sent off the one who kicked Che up in the air? Maybe his cuts and bruises are from that cos he stayed down as long that time too.

Wasn't the lad trying to get Higdon sent off the one who kicked Che up in the air? Maybe his cuts and bruises are from that cos he stayed down as long that time too.

If we look back at the teams who have kicked us up in the air this season (all of them ) and make the assumption that the fouls we were not given was the appropriate standard for the definition of a foul ........ then Higdon only committed one foul yesterday !!

NC was right to sub him, but the problem was the referee, not Higdon. Their players were in training for the premiership yesterday ..... diving prima-donnas, particularly Thomson who was a cheating little scumbag and should have walked for the attempted assassination of Adams.
UTB & FTP

I particularly like this comment from one of the Swindon chavs ..... "Sheffield United were the filthiest team I’ve seen all season." He's obviously been watching his first game to think that our miniature 5 stone squad are the filthiest team he's seen !!!

I had to have a lay down, I laughed so much !! Coming from a side who were almost a cynical as MKD and Preston, who accumulated 6 yellows and should probably, with a competent referee, have had another couple and a red for the pre-meditated assault on Adams.

Thanks for the stand-up comedy mate .....
UTB & FTP

Calling us a filthy team when there side got 6 bookings (which one should have seen a straight red) to our three, is kinda laughable.
Swindon just like Preston came to the lane with the wrong attitude, they decided they wanted a physical game, they might have had the odd touch of fancy passing throughout the game but it didn't help them win.
To say we had 10 changes we did very very well and it showed us that we have depth in the squad, which makes me question why we never seem to change our team when we go on a run of bad results. :confused:

That’s five defeats from five visits to Bramall Lane for me but I still like the place. It’s a proper football ground.”

And we love the place

Is Higdon related to our own Fatty Faullkes in some way? There is a resemblance there. Can some clever graphics person put up a comparison?

I thought they were one of the poorest teams at the lane this year. They also tried to kick us out of the game early on which others had done but we weren't bullied like in matches against Oldham, Notts County and MK. Then every time Higdon went within two foot of any of their players they threw themselves to the ground like he had shot them

I thought they were one of the poorest teams at the lane this year. They also tried to kick us out of the game early on which others had done but we weren't bullied like in matches against Oldham, Notts County and MK. Then every time Higdon went within two foot of any of their players they threw themselves to the ground like he had shot them

Really? I thought first half on another day they could have been 3-0 up.

Back
Top Bottom