View from Swindon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
Look away now....

"62% possession!"

"Easy win"

"Pleased McEveley got a good reception, still a few pricks that booed amd one twat said he was a judas for the way he left
What a cock"

"**** me we're good."

"Wow that was some performance absolutely blew them away we should have been 3 or 4 up at half time but second half was just a lesson in possession football with exciting forward play breaking quickly whic united had no answer to. "

"I am not happy, one of the biggest games of the season at home and where are all the fans! A fantastic performance from the boys, but a crowd of less than 7k is not good enough, how are we expected to keep these players if so few of us turn up, its just not on chaps, pull your fingers out we have a chance this year, three strikers on form, the best midfield in the league, and for my money one of the best up and coming managers in the lower leagues, and what do we do, not turn up. What a performance, they won't be comparing us to Barcelona anymore it will be the other way around"

" best performance from the this season"

"When we were both in the premier league we had a bigger average attendance than them for the season -fact so they can stick that in their pipe."

"Bit nerdy of me but that didn't ring true so I cheked and Sheff Utd averaged 19,000 + to our 15,000."

"We have just annihilated a decent team who will be up there come the end of the year.Feeling absolutely fucking wonderful this evening after seeing us tear Sheff Utd a new one. "

"When it went to 3-2 I thought, as probably most others did, that we'd be in for 20 minutes of backs to the wall stuff.
Instead we got another 2 goals.."

"It's a shame about the crowd, but very few fairweather fans are going to pay £27 to watch a league 1 game."

"Of course, you do realise that Sheffield United shouldn't be losing to 'teams like Swindon', don't you?"

"OK. So Sheffield United...
Have a bigger ground
Have more fans
Have spent far more seasons in the top 2 divisions
Fine. I get it.
But what the fuck has that got to do with anything??"

"In fairness, on the board I read most thought it would be a tough game, much like we did."

"Head to head over 32 games, they shade it by 11 wins to us to 13 to them, with 8 draws....not really indicative of a massive difference."

"Sheffield looked like they were a bit Shit. They had absolutely no idea what to do with us. Sheffield can,'t have had more than 2 minutes in total on the ball in the first half. At 3-2. Sheffield seemed to remember they were a top of the table side and started to bring it to us."

"What really hurt Sheff U today was in part our passing and ball retention. But also we ran at them with pace as they sat deep. They couldn't cope with that."

"The move for our third goal went from turnbull in our left back position, ended up with Byrne in their left back position, to Thompson in the centre of the park before getting to smith then obika. It lasted about two minutes, and I don't think Sheffield United touched the ball. Brilliant stuff"

"we muscled them off the ball all game"

been watching the wizards for 45 years and they have never failed to disappoint me starting with the sale of Mick Jones when we were throwing pennies up to the " i'm in it for me Dick Wragg" the then chairman, Why will they not back Nigel as proved in the transfer market

Can't argue with any of the above, Swindon gave the blades a footballing lesson, I just hope clough and the team have learnt something, the main lesson being I think, considering Nigel said before the game our mantra is don't lose and stop them scoring.
I really hope this is the kick in the knackers we got last season and thus starts a decent run, personally 70% of the players yesterday would be dropped and allow fringe n youth take the next 3-4 games, give them a chance and allow the others to cool their heels and give them extra training sessions mainly shuttles and other basics, have them in every day even twice a day.
They totally let the fans down yesterday and those that went I have the upmost respect and sympathy for, after that trip to be let down so badly is nothing short of criminal, and the next programme at home should have a huge apology from the whole blades set up.
Draw a line under this now, and lets try to move forward.
UTB

Can't argue with any of the above, Swindon gave the blades a footballing lesson, I just hope clough and the team have learnt something, the main lesson being I think, considering Nigel said before the game our mantra is don't lose and stop them scoring.
I really hope this is the kick in the knackers we got last season and thus starts a decent run, personally 70% of the players yesterday would be dropped and allow fringe n youth take the next 3-4 games, give them a chance and allow the others to cool their heels and give them extra training sessions mainly shuttles and other basics, have them in every day even twice a day.
They totally let the fans down yesterday and those that went I have the upmost respect and sympathy for, after that trip to be let down so badly is nothing short of criminal, and the next programme at home should have a huge apology from the whole blades set up.
Draw a line under this now, and lets try to move forward.
UTB
I agree with the first part totally. He can't head into games with the philosophy of 'don't lose'. You should always play to win, like we did last year in the FA Cup.

Back
Top Bottom