View From Spurs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't see the hate for Basham. I didn't have the best view but Basham had to go for that ball at the end surely. Also, first half we sang way more than they did. Sure, second half we went a bit quiet but I doubt any other group of fans would have sung more.
Almost forgot, I don't get the hate for us. We are 2 divisions below, to run them so close is pretty poor of them and not us. Also, we didn't have that few chances either.

“came when eriksen hit that FK, shat myself when they pulled one back, punched myself in the dick when they equalised, then came again when we got the winner”

This guy ^ :D

I haven't seen a replay of Basham's challenge on Vorm, but at the time it looked like it was there to be won - and with the game as it was, he had to go for it.

That said, I thought his fall to the ground in the scuffle afterwards was ridiculous - and surprising given his character. Hopefully someone will have a word and that's a one-off.

It was soft to go down, but that spurs cunt had him by the throat. That's a sending off in anyones book.

At the match looked a ball worth chasing, given the context and all Basham had to go for it. Didn't Walker raise his hands to Basham's face ?

It was soft to go down, but that spurs cunt had him by the throat. That's a sending off in anyones book.

Again, only saw the one replay of that bit but it looked closer to a caress against the neck than a 'had him by the throat'. Which is probably why the whole thing dissipated fairly quickly rather than it escalate. Certainly foolish of the Spurs player, but had that been in the United box from a Spurs player we'd have gone absolutely ballistic.

Typical mouthy Cockney wankers ,seen enough of them today to last me a lifetime. Loads of words with fuck all to say thats your typical Londoner. Feel sorry for you southern Blades how do you live with that.

Reactions: Dkc
Again, only saw the one replay of that bit but it looked closer to a caress against the neck than a 'had him by the throat'. Which is probably why the whole thing dissipated fairly quickly rather than it escalate. Certainly foolish of the Spurs player, but had that been in the United box from a Spurs player we'd have gone absolutely ballistic.

Saw multiple replays, he had his hand against Bashams throat and it wasn't friendly. In this day and age that's a sending off.

Saw multiple replays, he had his hand against Bashams throat and it wasn't friendly. In this day and age that's a sending off.

Fair do's then, I haven't. But I stand by my comment on the fall. It was as though he channelled his inner Michael Brown for a few seconds.

Fair do's then, I haven't. But I stand by my comment on the fall. It was as though he channelled his inner Michael Brown for a few seconds.

Oh yes, he went down like a premiership player, of that there's no doubt. but it was a sending off IMO.

Basham's challenge looked worse in real time. Nowt wrong it though on the reply, ball was there to be won, studs weren't up from what I can remember. Those are knocks keepers are going to get from time to time

Basham's challenge looked worse in real time. Nowt wrong it though on the reply, ball was there to be won, studs weren't up from what I can remember. Those are knocks keepers are going to get from time to time

Basham connected with the ball with his shin. Vorm had one and a half hands on the ball and it was sent into his face. There was nothing wrong with the challenge.

pommpey

I genuinely feel Basham and Bob's theatrics at the end were just doing what the Premier League players had been doing for the previous 90.

Fair comments that they could/should have been out of sight by half time, but what they don't realise is we always knew our best chance of winning the tie was to apply some pressure towards the Kop and if we got a bit of luck to score at all, use the crowd and momentum to score again. The whole gameplan for the tie worked, but unfortunately a reflex handball and a world class free kick meant it wasn't enough. For us to win we had to do a lot of defending over the two games and hit a quick two or three late at the Lane. That's why we feel we came close to winning the tie.

I can't believe that football has come to this, Vorm didn't have the ball in his hands and Basham was quite entitled to go for it. Just because he wears a goalies kit doesn't entitle him to a greater level of protection than the outfield players. If he hadn't slid in to try and win the ball in the last twenty minutes of a major cup semi final I wouldn't want him playing for Utd.

While we are on the subject of theatrics, I seem to remember Dembele in the first half, laid out, rolling about and holding his face like Doyle had thrown a mug of hot tea in it. Knobhead.

Oh and while I'm on, the first goal wasn't even a free kick, Doyle played the ball, unusually I grant you !

Vertonghen should have been off
notice their entire team came running up looking for a rumble
didn't notice many of ours

Oh yes, he went down like a premiership player, of that there's no doubt. but it was a sending off IMO.

You mean he went down like Dembele did in the first half? Only difference being Dembele made a strong challenge (obvious foul) look like a shove in the face where it was nothing near whereas Basham made a grab of the throat look like a hand in the face which it was not far off!

Oh and while I'm on, the first goal wasn't even a free kick, Doyle played the ball, unusually I grant you !
Only seen it live - haven't seen any TV but I am not sure about that. It all stemmed from a poor clearance by Harris and Doyle had to dive in to prevent the Spurs player getting clear into the box. I thought it was a foul - Doyle berated Harris afterwards for the careless up field ball that led to the incident.

Can't argue with the quality of the free kick, though - it was as near perfect as you can get.
We lost out to two pieces of real quality in that game - but boy did we do ourselves proud again.

Had some emails from Spurs supporting mates, all very complimentary. Very impressed with young Scoogs which surprises me as I don't think he was that good last night. But then no-one in our midfield looked that good!

Had some emails from Spurs supporting mates, all very complimentary. Very impressed with young Scoogs which surprises me as I don't think he was that good last night. But then no-one in our midfield looked that good!

Maybe not just their fans - Radio 5 Live commentator said that Eriksen had come out of their dressing room after the match with his shirt and said 'This is for the Sheffield number 10'. Scoogs might have asked him for it - but it sounded to me like Eriksen was giving it to him because he deservedi it.

Maybe not just their fans - Radio 5 Live commentator said that Eriksen had come out of their dressing room after the match with his shirt and said 'This is for the Sheffield number 10'. Scoogs might have asked him for it - but it sounded to me like Eriksen was giving it to him because he deservedi it.

They all deserved what ever plaudits came their way.

And did someone tell him off for calling us 'Sheffield'?

Cheers Roy..of course Spur's deserved to go through but this summed up to the two leg's for me...

“nearly shit myself “

Don't see the hate for Basham. I didn't have the best view but Basham had to go for that ball at the end surely. Also, first half we sang way more than they did. Sure, second half we went a bit quiet but I doubt any other group of fans would have sung more.
Almost forgot, I don't get the hate for us. We are 2 divisions below, to run them so close is pretty poor of them and not us. Also, we didn't have that few chances either.
He also didn't go in studs up.....

Well, I did say I didn't like spurs on a previous thread, That was a bit of a misdirection as the Spur on that thread was a bit of a twat. Looking through those comments they seem a lot like our fans, always expect the worse, glass half empty kind of bunch.

With regards to basham, if one of our players put their hand round the throat of one of theirs do you think they wouldn't go down to make sure the ref saw it? I know it's not 'hard' but if we got a pen from that and it won us the game it would've been worth it. You can't put your hand round a players throat, should've been a sending off if the ref had seen it.

Back
Top Bottom