View From Shrewsbury

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Congratulations to Micky Melon and his staff for having the guts to select an attacking team and taking the game by the scruff of the neck!”

Wish we could post that comment on our team (Adkin's for Melon)
This is the big thing. Plenty on here complained that Clough picked a side not to lose. Adkins plays to win(apparently), but he's also cautious.

I'd be happy if he just picked a side to have a go, not have a kick about

That man needs to calm down a bit, he's make out Shrewsbury are Barcelona. I think we were so bad even Worcester wouldve beaten us because the defence was horrendous the mistakes made v southend were same mistakes as last night high balls & not closing down til it was too late. Then players running at us with pace our defence frightened to have a lunge

I cant blame long for any of them. Because I genuinely believe we could have iker casisas & make him look like a pub player

Mostly fair comments.

It's rubbish to say Shrewsbury were dire. They played an inferior team and put us away ruthlessly. That's all can be asked of any team.

The fourth goal was very well done too.

Mostly fair comments.

It's rubbish to say Shrewsbury were dire. They played an inferior team and put us away ruthlessly. That's all can be asked of any team.

No opposing side has scored 4 at the Lane for over 4 years. As you say ruthlessly put away a poor side.

We're easy to scout and they did most things right. Set up to win and exploited our weaknesses.

Mostly fair comments.

Disagree. They didn't put us away ruthlessly - they showed a level of competence you'd expect from a third division team, or even a fourth division team, or even a semi-professional team. Our defending (as a team) was at times almost non-existent. They "exploited" that. It'd've been harder not to.

They might survive - but for me the worst team we've played this season.

No opposing side has scored 4 at the Lane for over 4 years. As you say ruthlessly put away a poor side.

We're easy to scout and they did most things right. Set up to win and exploited our weaknesses.

Brum presumably? I darent even look at the lineup that day, enough to make you weep.

Brum presumably? I darent even look at the lineup that day, enough to make you weep.
No, Exeter 4-4, Oct 2011.

Scunny beat us 4-0 the season before when we got relegated.

Cardiff won 4-3 the season before that.

Brum in the League Cup was 2006 !

Did we not lose 4-0 in the 4th round of the cup under Wilson to Birmingham?

May have only been 3-0 perhaps. Remember it being a little unjust.

Found it http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16664303

Midfield of Quinn, Doyle, KMac, Willo.

Sigh...

Blades mauled by shrews

Just watched the highlights back. Hammond's lack of pace was badly exposed in a 1 on 1 with Collins on their fourth goal. Collins burned past him with ease and let's bear in mind he is more a target man than anything else.

Adams' header in the build up to the 2nd was poor and the Baxter/Freeman combo were awful for the 1st and 3rd. We desperately need some pace and athleticism in this team coupled with round pegs in round holes.

Mostly fair comments.

For their breakaway fourth, imagine if it had been the other way round. By the time we had reached the halfway line, their defence would have all been back in position, the keeper lighting up a cigar, and folding his paper away. He'd then look up to see Hammond pass it sideways to Bash, who would knock it back to our centre half, who would then have passed it square to his centre back colleague.

Just watched the highlights back. Hammond's lack of pace was badly exposed in a 1 on 1 with Collins on their fourth goal. Collins burned past him with ease and let's bear in mind he is more a target man than anything else.

Adams' header in the build up to the 2nd was poor and the Baxter/Freeman combo were awful for the 1st and 3rd. We desperately need some pace and athleticism in this team coupled with round pegs in round holes.

Didn't their fourth result from a piece of poor play by Adams, having said that, bit galling that goal resulted from a free kick for a foul that occurred well inside the box.

Didn't their fourth result from a piece of poor play by Adams, having said that, bit galling that goal resulted from a free kick for a foul that occurred well inside the box.

Adams did miscontrol the rebound from the free kick to give them back possession but Hammond and Mceveley weren't really outnumbered and should have dealt with the danger. Hammond was beaten far too easily due to a lack of pace.

Adams did miscontrol the rebound from the free kick to give them back possession but Hammond and Mceveley weren't really outnumbered and should have dealt with the danger. Hammond was beaten far too easily due to a lack of pace.

Your right Dane, a number were culpable.

Thanks.

I don't think they should be getting too excited - they were dire, which shows how bad we were.

Rubbish !
Why when we get a thrashing as we did on Tuesday night do some of our 'fans' make comments like this !
The Blades were dire, they looked far and away better than we have looked all season - including Peterbough away possibly our best performance of the season !
By rubbishing the opposition it makes us out to be complete Twats !
For a man that continues to champion a poor excuse for a manager I thought you were a tad above this level WHF !

George Long was in goal that match as well
There was a howler where the lad chased a ball outside of the area and lost out to an attacker who had a simple task to bang in the 3rd or 4th - can't remember which.

Was there courtesy of winning an S24SU competition, that day (as was Oldham Blade I seem to recall ) and spent some good time chatting with the legend that is Keith Edwards.

"Blades were ineptitude personified in the first half – as poor a 45 mins as I have ever seen"

So true. And this coming from a Shrewsbury fan (as opposed, say, to from a Stoke fan or a Leicester fan) says everything about the depths we've plummeted down to.

Respect to Shrewsbury though. They did what they had to, & did it well. Can't begrudge their fans their delight at a result like that, along with a bit of gloating & well-aimed abuse on top.

Back
Top Bottom