View From Rochdale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Does sound a lot like us from what they were saying before and after the game.

Allesandra and Mendez laing were very good for them. Baxter ,Done and Sharp were very good for us ,also good displays from Freeman ,Coutts and Adams in patches.

Can't fault their thoughts really. They gifted us a crap winner when a draw wouldn't have been unreasonable.

Allesandra and Mendez laing were very good for them. Baxter ,Done and Sharp were very good for us ,also good displays from Freeman ,Coutts and Adams in patches.

Issue is Baxter and courts need someone to do the dirty work for them and they both bee to work harder. We missed basham the midfielder in the 1st half and basham the centre back in the 2nd.

I thought they were ok with Scougall ,disagree I don't think Basham does it in the middle.

Neither do I. We need basham at the back and Collins shot in the back field. We need a semedo type in midfield who can protect the back 4 and move left and right. You can then player Baxter coutts or read

Neither do I. We need basham at the back and Collins shot in the back field. We need a semedo type in midfield who can protect the back 4 and move left and right. You can then player Baxter coutts or read
Basham is the best CH in the club by some distance so I'd build around him. Midfield, I'd like to see a young Doyle or an old hat with some quality - McCall or Speed type of player who can bring order and control where there is currently too often only chaos. Is the anyone in the Championship [or higher] who are coming to the end of their career and who we could bribe with a coaching post?

Comments seem pretty fair across the board there from the Dale fans, a little surprised they didn't aim a few at the ref though, he was consistently inconsistent for both sides.

Can't understand these "Baxter had a good game" comment.
Credit where it's due he created a goal, but bearing in mind he's our playmaker I can't think of anything else in the whole game against poor league one opposition.
I just don't understand how he gets the plaudits he does.

Decent following from Rochdale today, fair comments. Obviously have problems defending (tell us about it), but look like they have enough about them to stay up comfortably, hope so.

blaming zonal marking. it works perfectly fine if you can do it properly.

I have never understood the concept of zonal marking at corners,

you say to a couple of defenders "That's your zone to cover"

What happens if four or five of the oppositions best headers of the ball all come into that zone?

That certainly seems to be what happend today for our winner.

I've never got it either. You stand in your zone, or you get a run at the ball. Stick your strongest with their strongest. Or take a static jump. Seems silly to me.

Credit where it's due he created a goal, but bearing in mind he's our playmaker I can't think of anything else in the whole game against poor league one opposition.

He created two to be fair, albeit one was a set piece.

Surprised they didn't mention their number 27. What happened with him being subbed first half after that bizarre moment with Adams?

Thought he got better when Reid came on. Problem with Coutts and Baxter is they are just not mobile.

"I can't believe we lost to Sheffield Utd – we normally do so well against them.”

Made me smile.

(For those who don't know we have a 100% record against Rochdale.)

Smile? Glad your happy with how far we've fallen.

Disgusting that the club has got it's self in a position where Rochdale can say that and Bury, Walsall and Burton are above us in the league.

Surprised they didn't mention their number 27. What happened with him being subbed first half after that bizarre moment with Adams?

I'm pretty sure it was their 27 who was extremely lucky to only get a yellow for demolishing Scougall. If so, it was a case of 'bring him off before he's sent off.'

Smile? Glad your happy with how far we've fallen.

Disgusting that the club has got it's self in a position where Rochdale can say that and Bury, Walsall and Burton are above us in the league.

It was sarcastic.

He created two to be fair, albeit one was a set piece.
I ain't giving him that. If 50% of our corners went to a white shirt or created a chance I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but half the time it's difficult not to think he's just knocking it in aimlessly.

I'm pretty sure it was their 27 who was extremely lucky to only get a yellow for demolishing Scougall. If so, it was a case of 'bring him off before he's sent off.'

And he left Adams wide open for our first goal.

The lead up to their 2nd was a piece of piss. Carved through our defence like a knife through tosswank.
I don't blame them for feeling hard done by. We need to tighten up quick.

Back
Top Bottom