View from Preston

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not the same bunch commenting after the league game at lane. Bell-ends they were.

They don't know it's not really our second team - we have 22 players who are interchangeable without anybody noticing - until the Beard arrives that is!!

Must say I like the idea of Murphy coming on as sub when the opposition are tired. Preston fans know full well he is our danger man.

Cheers Roy.

Let's hope we fiinsih the job at BDTBL

“the real turning point was when Clough brought on Jamie Murphy. The only time Woods got anywhere near him was the challenge that was penalised and resulted in their equaliser.”
YES !

“we had today a stinker of a referee who looked at every occasion to award Sheff Utd a free kick. the only quick free kick he allowed was there’s and he even stopped play whilst their player tied his lace up"
EH ? WHERE YOU AT THE GAME, SONNY ?

"The referee was simply awful though – the worst decision by far being the booking late on for their defender for a tremendous tackle, one of the best I’ve seen for a long time."
WELL SAID, SIR ! (though it was Reed, not a defender ?)

Nice one, Roy !

Think my favourite is this one :- “Not being a negative fool (well, I am but being driven to it I think) but once we lose to Shef Utd at Brammal lane, don’t make it to Wembly in the JPT AND fail to go up …." such an optimist wouldn't be out of place on here, especially with his inability to spell Bramall Lane :rolleyes::D

I like this one:

“In a way it was a good game toWhach both fans were loud and Sheffield brough a lot too. good free kick and was a tight game “

Apparently Preston have two fans!

“Good game today at north end. In the hat for next round. But the feckless populous still support Liverpool and man Utd. #twats”

I'd 'like' that if I could. Anyone who comes from a football town with the tradition of Preston and chooses to support Man U is a shallow and soulless wretch.

“the real turning point was when Clough brought on Jamie Murphy. The only time Woods got anywhere near him was the challenge that was penalised and resulted in their equaliser.”
YES !

“we had today a stinker of a referee who looked at every occasion to award Sheff Utd a free kick. the only quick free kick he allowed was there’s and he even stopped play whilst their player tied his lace up"
EH ? WHERE YOU AT THE GAME, SONNY ?

"The referee was simply awful though – the worst decision by far being the booking late on for their defender for a tremendous tackle, one of the best I’ve seen for a long time."
WELL SAID, SIR ! (though it was Reed, not a defender ?)

Nice one, Roy !
He's right about that Reed booking. It was one of the most ridiculous decisions I've ever seen.

If we appeal it can we use that as evidence?

They thought the ref gave us things?????? he was absolutely shocking and gave them everything. His consistency was unbelievable.

Think my favourite is this one :- “Not being a negative fool (well, I am but being driven to it I think) but once we lose to Shef Utd at Brammal lane, don’t make it to Wembly in the JPT AND fail to go up …." such an optimist wouldn't be out of place on here, especially with his inability to spell Bramall Lane :rolleyes::D

...or Wembley. ;)

Anyone who comes from a football town with the tradition of Preston and chooses to support Man U is a shallow and soulless wretch.

But Preston is a shallow and soulless shithole. If I came from Preston, my priority wouldn't be 'Which team should I support?' but 'How do I get the fuck out of this dump?'

Preston, reminded me of Barnsley and Rotherham, without the benefit of being just a few miles away from the greatest place on our planet......

He's right about that Reed booking. It was one of the most ridiculous decisions I've ever seen.

It was cracking tackle at the end of the game where he could have mistimed it through tiredness. I was surprised Reed played and I hope he'll start on W*dnesday.

I thought the ref gave a lot of very soft free-kicks, including the one they scored from. It's not true to say he gave us everything.

May I refer people to the opening track of the Happy Monday's 'Bummed' album. I believe it did originally refer to someone from Preston a before being titled 'Country Song'

Back
Top Bottom