View From Oxford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Special mention to the 17,000 Sheffield fans who made less noise than most league 2 home crowds last season"

I know this gets said a lot, but it's astounding how many smaller sides who bring their biggest away attendance of the season to Bramall Lane, for what is their biggest day out of the season, wonder why our fans aren't bothered. It happens everywhere where the away fans make more noise, take Bolton for example, but they're too stupid to realise why fans of Sheffield United aren't creating an atmosphere for likes of Oxford. More than prepared to accept people saying this is a billy big bollocks attitude but we've seen enough shite clubs like Oxford at the Lane and enough dire performances from United that most just aren't enthusiastic enough to bother.

"Special mention to the 17,000 Sheffield fans who made less noise than most league 2 home crowds last season"

I know this gets said a lot, but it's astounding how many smaller sides who bring their biggest away attendance of the season to Bramall Lane, for what is their biggest day out of the season, wonder why our fans aren't bothered. It happens everywhere where the away fans make more noise, take Bolton for example, but they're too stupid to realise why fans of Sheffield United aren't creating an atmosphere for likes of Oxford. More than prepared to accept people saying this is a billy big bollocks attitude but we've seen enough shite clubs like Oxford at the Lane and enough dire performances from United that most just aren't enthusiastic enough to bother.

BDTBL has one of the best atmospheres in the country. Mourinho, Pochettino and numerous clubs when we were in the Championship have said so over the years. We're been in this division for 6 seasons. What are they expecting? Borussia Dortmund levels of support? We're at our lowest point in the last 25 years. Come back when we're top 6 in the Champ, we're not singing ultras shite pilfered off the likes Crystal Palace. It's a bear pit.

I was going to say something very similar.. Sounds like they'll read it too as they're reading our board. (We just employ Roygbiv to do that for us)...

FAO "The Yellow Army" - we have nothing against you, we just hate being in this shitty league complete with incompetent referees and minute away followings. Yes, its our fault but we're bored shitless. To put things into perspective, probably only Bradford will bring more fans than you did.
It is a library, libraries are boring places to visit too. We just sit there with our minds wondering. Thinking things like, which pub shall we go to tonight? what's for tea? And is there enough bacon in for breakfast? The highlight of my season so far is checking the height of the Chinese tower at each game.. The second tower is getting higher now.

IMG_20160827_145827.jpg

I was going to say something very similar.. Sounds like they'll read it too as they're reading our board. (We just employ Roygbiv to do that for us)...

FAO "The Yellow Army" - we have nothing against you, we just hate being in this shitty league complete with incompetent referees and minute away followings. Yes, its our fault but we're bored shitless. To put things into perspective, probably only Bradford will bring more fans than you did.
It is a library, libraries are boring places to visit too. We just sit there with our minds wondering. Thinking things like, which pub shall we go to tonight? what's for tea? And is there enough bacon in for breakfast? The highlight of my season so far is checking the height of the Chinese tower at each game.. The second tower is getting higher now.

View attachment 19510
1278 away fans at the lane yesterday,one of their fans doing a Wednesday and exaggerating a bit

View attachment 19510
Personally I prefer to not be able to see anything from the outside world when in Bramall Lane. I liked it when they filled the corners in.

What a sad deluded bunch. Can't wait til the day we get back to the champ so we don't have to interact with such tip pot clubs.

Sounds like they had a lovely day out singing their little yellow hearts out in a nice ground. However, they have raised something which shows a really dark and sinister side to Sheffield United, one i can only apologise for.

Shame Sheff Utd denied the Oxford fans any opportunity to applaud Jake Wright by playing deafening music right up to (and beyond) kickoff in both halves.

Or wait... for a moment there i was thinking that we were there just to serve the Oxford United fans in their send off to a player that they released... at OUR home game.

Perhaps we should've given them their chance to play an emotional montage on our big screen for the entire game whilst Gary Sinclair silenced his Jukebox.

We're pure evil.

I presume that they will dedicate the return fixture to Lord Jake Wright of Oxford.

Fuck em. I don't remember playing them before, I don't remember Nicky Banger's freekick and I prefer Cambridge in the Boat race. Dictionary cunts

View attachment 19510

Inspired post - love it

UTB

Just a little note to the Oxford fans looking in. Stop chanting yellow. It's cringeworthy and I genuinely feel embarrassed for you. Must be the most pathetic chant in footballing history.

It is a library, libraries are boring places to visit too.

View attachment 19510

Disagree - I love libraries and they're not the cliched "silence" places of yore, need a new analogy.

Just a little note to the Oxford fans looking in. Stop chanting yellow. It's cringeworthy and I genuinely feel embarrassed for you. Must be the most pathetic chant in footballing history.

In the early 1980s at most away matches we used to chant "yellow" pretty frequently as our away kit was predominantly yellow, with a few brownish looking stripes. Never liked that chant. Didn't like the kit much either.

Back
Top Bottom