View From Crewe (It Rhymes!)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
"It was obvious to anyone who had even a modicum of intelligence that Michael Higdon would always go on to have a solid career as a target man. His 10 in 81 games meant that his goalscoring record was never great for us but young target men often don't add goals to their game until a few years in (even Shearer only scored 23 in 118 games at his first club Southampton)."

"In my opinion that was a game lost due to Davis' baffling decision to change the currently working formation... We were over run in the mid field and sloppy at best at the back"

"By the end of the first half Crewe were in the game without really testing Sheffield other than through Cooper's quick turn and shot."

"thought we were poor until we went down to 10 men! Baffling.Ref was appalling, yet again, but we were still lucky to walk away with a 0-1 defeat ... just my opinion."

"Their wingers wreaked havoc at times. One word for their manager. Ferguson came in for a lot of stick after Tuesday's match - Clough was really disappointing in some of his antics and showed less class IMHO."

"Can't be too disappointed with that, we could've nicked a point but would n't have deserved it, I thought they were good, so they should be at this level."

"United could easily have had a couple sent off if the referee had been a little more even handed."

"Good following from the Blades"

"Sheff U, well they are pottering along quietly and grinding out wins. Not looked overly convincing or smashed anyone yet, but they are doing well."

"We were poor today, against a good side though. heff U spent most of the first 45 camped inside our half. But, it has to be said, after missing the 2 great chances in the first 10 minutes, Sheff U didn't test Garratt seriously again in that half. 2nd half more of the same every time Sheff U ran at us, absolutely comical defending. Murphy checks back and lays it to Scougall for an easy tap in. It was no more than United deserved, they'd been comfortably the better team for almost all the game.d Sheff U missed a few quality chances, JCR being the worst culprit. Sheff U win 1-0 and it was fully deserved. They were the better side bar a shaky 10 minutes in terms of overall play, but their final 3rd work was poor. Didn't create anywhere near enough when compered to how much of the ball they saw in the game. Should have won it 3 or 4 nil mind, they missed at least 3 good chances and blew several other half chances. They were much better than even the 11 man Posh side on Tuesday, more variety and creativity, but lacked a clinical edge. One of the better teams I've seen us play this season."

"ref was clueless "

"Better team won but at least we made them work for it"

"Sending off was right. Could have gone earlier"

"Poor discipline didn't help today. Surely Ray should have walked for the penalty"

"I love the fact "we are" annoyed at a 1 0 loss to Sheff U. Shows we've moved forwards in itself"

"Worrying amount focused on ref's performance. Bad yes, but Nobody seems to be concerned we played 90% of that game in our half?"

"Dirty tactics from Sheffield but they had quality n was a soft goal 2 give away. However, thought we deserved a point from that!"

"They defended very well"

"Beaten by better players and a streetwise manager"

"this time last month we would have lost that game about 5-0, you can't deny the effort that was shown today "

"Sheffield Utd deserved that win but we can't be too downbeat"

A bit of class shown from a lot of them views roy,very nice to see.

And now your going to believe us.............

I think everyone of their fans contributed to that post Roy :)
I presume they are having a go at Clough for catching the ball ,even though it had gone out.

if ever you get the chance go to a el derby , the quality of play makes you realise we are about 20 years off the pace, what was strange was madrid fans treat Benzemar like we treat Higdon, or Porter and he was immense

if ever you get the chance go to a el derby , the quality of play makes you realise we are about 20 years off the pace, what was strange was madrid fans treat Benzemar like we treat Higdon, or Porter and he was immense

When I was in my early twenties I went to a Champions league final (having been brought up entirely on Bassett-ball).

It was generally considered to be a crap game of football, but I was transfixed. Zidane and company were doing things during an attritional 1-0 that I'd never seen before.

Different sport entirely.

yesterday i had the good fortune to go to what is probably Austrias biggest game and that is Sturm Graz vs Rapid Vienna.. these guys absolutely hate each other and the city rivalry is up there with Sheffield / Leeds.. standard of football was probably championship/league one level but it was strangely enjoyable nontheless.. shows there's more to football than just the play.

good quiz question , when hitler joined austria to germany Austria Wien won the title in 1941 an austrian team winning the german title , Germany conitnued its full football league right up to 43 /44 season and all wins counted despite it being a mix of clubs , we won it in 45 /6 and the war had finished but its not recognised ,,, ,stupid

Who is ogrady? ;)

Made me smile.....sorry btl, but think we should change everyone's name game by game, it'll keep everyone on their toes, the scratching of heads will become a national pastime.....and before too long it'll be, "Who the fuck was Dario Gradi?".....the reply, hopefully, should be, "You know, the distant relative of Pati O'Door"

Lets get this straight.

We would have won the bundesliga in 1946 but the German's never recognised it because we were more foreign than Vienna?

Bloody Germans, its like they were racists or something.

Last edited:
Thanks for yet another "View From" I really look forward to reading them, this is one of the first in ages that actually sounds like it's from fans who actually went to the game and saw it from an unbiased point of view, well done Crew :) and well done Roygbiv, appreciated sir;)

good quiz question , when hitler joined austria to germany Austria Wien won the title in 1941 an austrian team winning the german title , Germany conitnued its full football league right up to 43 /44 season and all wins counted despite it being a mix of clubs , we won it in 45 /6 and the war had finished but its not recognised ,,, ,stupid

1. We didn't win the League. We won League North. Birmingham won League South. There wasn't a national champion. There's nothing to recognise.

2. We won the FA Cup in a War Year at least!

Teams who have won the League in more than one Country (where both leagues still exist, ie not as a result of collapse of Yugoslavia etc):

Rapid Wien (Germany and Austria)
Derry City (Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland)
Clubul Atletic Oradea (Hungary and Romania)

There may be others...

and the german league wasnt reorganised to accomodate austrian clubs , and after the war the russians split germany in 2 but they still count

and div 3 and4 used to be div 3 north and south so theres a precedent for there being north south leagues here

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom