View From County

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JPT or not, they got battered and are generally not happy. I do like the eternal optimist though "on a positive note, we had more shots than them"
:)

They have every right to be miserable. They were atrocious.

In hindsight, us sacking Warnock - then Blackwell - were pretty poor decisions too
Disagree about Blackwell ,we should have accepted his resignation after Burnley. I said Warnock and Derry were ridiculous decisions at the time they were sacked ,I also think Clough was against popular opinion ,but do think Adkins is a good replacement.

Say what you like about Blackwell, but he had enough tactical nous to prevent us from sliding into L1. Of course Adams' appointment was pretty disastrous too but he looked good on paper and many fans approved at the time

The removal of Billy McEwan is by far the worst decision this god forsaken club has ever made. Damn you Reg Brearley, Damn you!!!!!

County fans weren't happy when they got rid of Shaun.
When we went there last season I heard about what he was dealing with in terms of budget for the playing staff. I can't remember if I had put it on here before, but some players were effectively playing for free, the right back who was a former Doncaster Rovers player was the highest earner, on about £800 per week. When I asked if they had tried to sign Adams, I was told they could never get him due to the wages.

The removal of Billy McEwan is by far the worst decision this god forsaken club has ever made. Damn you Reg Brearley, Damn you!!!!!

Didn't Danny Bergara win something like 5 out 5 as caretaker manager, but didn't get appointed.
I think it was After Porterfield and before McEwan.
Might have made all that up though. Was a long time ago!

Disagree about Blackwell ,we should have accepted his resignation after Burnley. I said Warnock and Derry were ridiculous decisions at the time they were sacked ,I also think Clough was against popular opinion ,but do think Adkins is a good replacement.
I don't know, giving Clough the boot was quite popular on here. I agree that McCabe should have accepted Blackwell's resignation after that dismal play-off final defeat, however giving him the boot three games into a new season was stupid; wasn't that partly a show of bravado as McCabe wanted to look like the big man in front of potential new investors? That worked didn't it!

“All summer and pre season we said we need to sort the defence out and we simply haven’t done it.”

Come on then, own up. Who infiltrated their message board?

County don't have the game changing investment to sort their defence but apparently we do.

Easy goals from us though and simple penalty decisions.

Last edited:
That fourth goal was a result of some absolutely shambolic defending while the second penalty will be among the easier decisions the ref has to make this season.

Great ball from Woolford to Adams and even better through ball from Adams for Done's goal too...can we play them every week?!

That fourth goal was a result of some absolutely shambolic defending while the second penalty will be among the easier decisions the ref has to make this season.

Great ball from Woolford to Adams and even better through ball from Adams for Done's goal too...can we play them every week?!
Apparently the football league have said yes as long port vale are allowed to play us midweek in between.

“All summer and pre season we said we need to sort the defence out and we simply haven’t done it.”

Im sure Ive seen this quote before , somewhere

Say what you like about Blackwell, but he had enough tactical nous to prevent us from sliding into L1. Of course Adams' appointment was pretty disastrous too but he looked good on paper and many fans approved at the time
We didn't give him time. One to two more seasons under Blackwell would have seen us relegated.

Our form was declining. In his second full season we were nowhere near the playoffs.

Using the slasher patented method of projection, his form over two games showed we'd definitely go down.

Every other club he'd managed went down, usually after sacking him for being shit.

He's a knobhead.

I think that covers it.

I can't understand the dislike of Clough from the County fans. Give Nige a chance, we've got a few players he'll warm to and they'd at least fit in well with your aspirations.

The 4th goal is easily one of the most shambolic I've ever seen conceded by a team. It was like watching school football

Didn't Danny Bergara win something like 5 out 5 as caretaker manager, but didn't get appointed.
I think it was After Porterfield and before McEwan.
Might have made all that up though. Was a long time ago!

Two out of two. After McEwan had resigned after the 5-0 home defeat to Oldham and before Bassett was appointed. The 1-0 FA Cup win against Maidstone and the 2-1 win at Bournemouth in the league

If it's Richard cadette that scored in that 1.0 my memory is amazing!!!

Back
Top Bottom