View From Bristol Rovers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fair comments from them. They had every right to be disappointed about not getting anything from the game. Can see them finishing in the top six.

“Just been told by several blades supporters in hospitality that there was a clear handball on the line at the end by United. Did not get a good view of it myself.Bugger!”

I'm sure it came off his knee.

Good work again Roy!

Thanks Roy. Yeh, wouldn't have complained too much if they shared the points. Blatent nasty foul though from Easter. I was sat bang level with it and it looked like shoulder to head to me. How can that attract the same punishment as Bashams red card? Good they acknowledged it though.

In fact re the sending off. I'm sure i was sat open mouthed,not quite believing what i had just seen.

Agree with one of the comments, Boateng #34 looked excellent. Strong, atheltic, quick and good feet. The sort of player we should be looking for.

Definitely, in a position (CM) that I hope we reinforce in January.

In fact re the sending off. I'm sure i was sat open mouthed,not quite believing what i had just seen.

Same here. It hadn't been a nasty game, there hadn't been a clash between the two players, and the way their lad did it seemed almost casual. Just took him out with an elbow as if it was a normal thing to do. Really strange as they were well in the game and had time on the clock. I'd go mental at one of our players for doing that, especially in those circumstances.

Agree with one of the comments, Boateng #34 looked excellent. Strong, atheltic, quick and good feet. The sort of player we should be looking for.

Definitely, in a position (CM) that I hope we reinforce in January.

20 years old, on loan from Crystal Palace. Any chance of getting him would entirely depend on Palace's view of whether he'll make it.

20 years old, on loan from Crystal Palace. Any chance of getting him would entirely depend on Palace's view of whether he'll make it.

I don't think Boateng is realistic, I may be wrong. I was referring to s10blade's comment that "he's the sort of player we should be looking at", as I'd like someone like him who can bring some real athleticsm to central midfield.

Boateng is with Brizzle until January...wonder if we could pinch him?

The alleged handball may have come after Moore was barged out of play for a corner - was a clear foul. The manager and fans conveniently forget that.

Commentary were really harping on about thinking there was a foul on our player that lead to United getting the ball and scoring, would like to see that, but won’t change anything.

Deffo a foul by us (1.02 in the vid.)

“Just been told by several blades supporters in hospitality that there was a clear handball on the line at the end by United. Did not get a good view of it myself.Bugger!”

I haven’t re-seen the incidents but DC is adamant there was handball on the line right at the end. That would be even more gutting should it be obvious in the highlights.”

No chance. If anything it was their man who may have handled it. (1.55 in the vid.)

“I loved the way 5 then 6 SU players surround the referee and not the slightest bit concerned about their player.”

I thought the same when I watched the replay. Quite amusing.

HH

“I loved the way 5 then 6 SU players surround the referee and not the slightest bit concerned about their player.”

I thought the same when I watched the replay. Quite amusing.

HH

Yeah, that was my first thought too. We need a bit of practice at that. It has a far greater impact on the ref if at least one or two players dash to the player who was fouled as if a best case scenario is that immediate medical attention may just save his life....

Commentary were really harping on about thinking there was a foul on our player that lead to United getting the ball and scoring, would like to see that, but won’t change anything.

Deffo a foul by us (1.02 in the vid.)

I haven’t re-seen the incidents but DC is adamant there was handball on the line right at the end. That would be even more gutting should it be obvious in the highlights.”

No chance. If anything it was their man who may have handled it. (1.55 in the vid.)

Anyone seen highlights of the rugby tackle at the end yet? I'm still astonished it wasn't a red card.

Yeah, that was my first thought too. We need a bit of practice at that. It has a far greater impact on the ref if at least one or two players dash to the player who was fouled as if a best case scenario is that immediate medical attention may just save his life....

Actually, not entirely correct. Yes, the instant reaction was to show outrage (wouldn't you?) but within a few seconds one of the Blades made a bee-line for the downed player. I love the way some supporters adopt the high moral ground with this, as if not one of their players has never assumed the role of pantomime victim?

Back
Top Bottom