View from Boro

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
This is more like it. All the bitter clichés are here again for the first time this season. , Enjoy.....

“Sheffield another team who don't appear to have improved on last year “

“Dirty, can't play football and going down. Sums up Sheffield United really. “

“Poor performance from Posh tonight players looked knackered after 60-70mins... Wasn't worth £21/26 for a adult thats for sure. “

“Gutted to see Alcock getting booed by posh fans :(

“Think both posh and Blades will get stronger“

“Lost to 14 men, an ugly football style and laziness “

“Least we know that Sheffield utd aren't getting promoted. shocking team “

“We got beat by a near rugby team. “

“That referee will not be welcome again at London Road - biased as hell! “

“Didn't see that coming”

“Thought we played alright but you can't say Sheffield United didn't deserve to win that. They had an end product we didn't “

“The referee was been the most biased in a long way, he wanted them to win. Draw would have been fair. “

“Let's take nothing away from Sheffield Utd, the 3 injuries have swung this game “

“Shame to hear Alcock get a few jeers tonight, he was a good player for us “

“Sheffield United fans were very quiet all evening, until they scored both their goals. Very strange for away fans “

“How much did they pay the ref”

"Wouldn't be too concerned. Was thinking it would be a good point if we could hold with 15mins left, as only a handful on the pitch at that point will be in the starting XI a month down the line imo."

"Great match and plenty to cheer about, especially in the first half.Such a shame that Barnett just missed scoring from the free kick - if he had, I reckon we'd have gone on to win by more than 1 goal. It was hard playing against the ref and, certainly, the lino to my left."

We have all of the big hitters in there.

Say the fans were quiet: Check
Say the ref was crap: Check
Say we were a 'rugby team': Check
Say we were a poor team: Check

Give me these comments above the "We beat a good side today" stuff any day of the week!

Better to be crap and get 3 points, than be crap and get none.

I think we all know by now that every team in the division is a bit crap, cept maybe Preston. Like when some on here said Bristol City don't look very good, people are too critical. The other year Charlton romped away with the league and nearly every game they "looked poor". Doesn't matter if you win though does it.

It seems that every time we play like a 'rugby team' we win. Maybe Nige should look into this ;)

Bring it up time and time again, but how can we be a 'rugby team'? I reckon only 3 of our players (Collins, McGahey, Basham) break the 6ft boundary? We're the smallest, most lightweight team in the world!

Posh fans don't seem to like us much. Were very bitter last season as well when we came away with a draw. Pretty much identical comments to now.

Bring it up time and time again, but how can we be a 'rugby team'? I reckon only 3 of our players (Collins, McGahey, Basham) break the 6ft boundary? We're the smallest, most lightweight team in the world!

Football fans have a preconceived idea of how a certain club will play. We will always be a rugby team to most fans. It's the first insult that comes to their mind when they lose because of our past reputation. It's funny because it just shows how poor the football knowledge is of most fans. They can watch a team of midgets like us for 90 minutes and STILL say we are a rugby team. It's amazing. Like watching a horror film by Jim Carry and coming out saying it was a comedy

We could actually do with being a lot more cynical and aggressive

was looking out for this thread after seeing some of the p'boro fans comments on twitter ironically hijacking the #sufc to let us know what a big club they are. A very strange set of fans

Football fans have a preconceived idea of how a certain club will play. We will always be a rugby team to most fans. It's the first insult that comes to their mind when they lose because of our past reputation. It's funny because it just shows how poor the football knowledge is of most fans. They can watch a team of midgets like us for 90 minutes and STILL say we are a rugby team. It's amazing. Like watching a horror film by Jim Carry and coming out saying it was a comedy

We could actually do with being a lot more cynical and aggressive
All Jim Carreys films are horror films :)

well done to Sheffield... they beat a team who had their 3rd and 4th, then 5th choice centre backs playing #pufc #sufc #twitterblades"

was looking out for this thread after seeing some of the p'boro fans comments on twitter ironically hijacking the #sufc to let us know what a big club they are. A very strange set of fans

Their chairmans been tweeting about what an unjust result it was.
I remember last year one of their local sports reporters got very upset and accused us of being big lumps only out to park the bus.
I don't know if they get this worked up every time a team takes points off them at home but they certainly get mardy when we do.

Cheers Roy.
That feels better!

Fuck em , what's our team supposed to do allow themselves to be kicked off the park like Arsenal
used to allow themselves to be ,
I don't mind our team winning ugly , I mind our team not winning
1-0 all season for me , History books don't mention winning ugly ,
they mention who won promotion and who got relegated .

Didn't their chairman have a big sulk on Twitter after we played them last season?

How can they say we were quiet. My other half was sat in the Posh side and he thought we made loads of noise.

They were all crowing on Twitter before the game, bitter after it... pretty much the same as last year.

From where I was it looked like the ref was helping them more. I think it illustrates how poor the officiating is at this level.

amazed at how much hoofball Posh played today. Their riht sided defender kept launching it to Mendez-Laing and Alcock was getting plenty of heading practice. Excellent away performance from us today

“Sheffield United fans were very quiet all evening, until they scored both their goals. Very strange for away fans “

I can't wait for the wall of noise the Peterborough fans produce when they come to Bramall Lane. I've been to Metallica and Foo Fighters concerts but let me tell you, the noise on those Peterborough lads, well it's quite something.

:tumbleweed:

Surprised they didn't mention Davies scrappy mishit shot for the winner. Usual brain dead comments from poor losers mixed with one or two more reasoned comments. Good read as always Roygbiv, thanks.

To be fair, we are the same when we lose at home.

Very rarely are the opposition seen as "quality"

To be fair, we are the same when we lose at home.

Very rarely are the opposition seen as "quality"

I think most Blades are very different. Read the posts on here after Bristol City, very little comment on Bristol City, their fans or the way they played and plenty of vitriol aimed at our players, manager, owners, board, kit man, tea lady and boot cleaner. Generally we turn inward to vent, rather than outward like Posh tend to.

I think most Blades are very different. Read the posts on here after Bristol City, very little comment on Bristol City, their fans or the way they played and plenty of vitriol aimed at our players, manager, owners, board, kit man, tea lady and boot cleaner. Generally we turn inward to vent, rather than outward like Posh tend to.
Are Peterborough fans familiar with the term 'scapegoat'?

How can they say we were quiet. My other half was sat in the Posh side and he thought we made loads of noise.

Have you made up yet? :D

Anyway, we're on the scoreboard. I didn't intend to revive 'Compared to Last Season' until 8-10 games in, but I think we all need a cheer up.
3win.gif
Amazing, isn't it? Wendy - with 2 home games - have had a brilliant start to the season, 4pts. Us, with 2 away games have had a shocking start, 3 pts. A win v. Crawley & we're level with last season's start...:eek:

Anyway, I won't post the graph for a bit.

Unless we win on Saturday. :D

Back
Top Bottom