Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

very odd to hear the manager talk about specific players before the deals are done. Last one i can think of aw Leroy lita

To be fair, that would mean we've signed 4 new players (3 permanently), signed Laffers on a perm, and extended EEL until the end of the season. I think most of us would have more than settled for that if offered on January 1st.

Perhaps more importantly, does that mean that Lafferty and Carruthers are fit for tomorrow night?

Hell of a lot of strikers, when one of them starts every game possible.

Lavery will partner Sharp with Hanson as Plan B from the bench.

Can't see Done or Clarke getting a sniff unless there are injuries...

Hell of a lot of strikers, when one of them starts every game possible.
Good. We always seem to limp to the end of the season with our strikers injured or in prison. Unless we have a real catastrophe we seem to have cover for all positions so we should be able to finish strongly.

He also seems to think McNulty is a footballer

Haven't we all.

On Saturday I thought it was a Fan who had won a competition to play the last 20 mins of a Home Game who happened to be called Mark McNulty not THE Mark McNulty...

In McNulty's defence, he's the obvious replacement for Billy, if anything were to happen to him - in the sense he's the only other natural finisher amongst the 6 (bar, maybe, Leon).

Just not too keen on him playing in tandem with Billy.

very odd to hear the manager talk about specific players before the deals are done. Last one i can think of aw Leroy lita

Agree it's unusual to acknowledge targets before the deal is done.
You can deduct that both deals are 99% agreed with no competition from other clubs.
The players have both probably given Wilder their word that they are joining.
If they backtrack at the 11th hour..then Wilder wouldn't want them anyway.

In McNulty's defence, he's the obvious replacement for Billy, if anything were to happen to him - in the sense he's the only other natural finisher amongst the 6 (bar, maybe, Leon).

Just not too keen on him playing in tandem with Billy.

There is no defence of McNulty allowed on here. It is de rigueur to criticise him at each and every opportunity. Notwithstanding that he's probably the best natural finisher we have at the club. Yes I include Billy in this, whose all round game is better but he misses a fair few chances.

The fact he comfortably managed double figures under Clough despite only having a bit part role from the bench doesn't count because he once wore a jumper over his shoulder and his friends are dicks.

There is no defence of McNulty allowed on here. It is de rigueur to criticise him at each and every opportunity. Notwithstanding that he's probably the best natural finisher we have at the club. Yes I include Billy in this, whose all round game is better but he misses a fair few chances.

The fact he comfortably managed double figures under Clough despite only having a bit part role from the bench doesn't count because he once wore a jumper over his shoulder and his friends are dicks.

1 in 4 ratio at SUFC
1 in 3 at Portsmouth
1 in 14 at Bradford

That doesn't say natural finisher to me.

Back
Top Bottom