Updates from Clough

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
- Harris out for the season
- NC wants Harris to sign a longer contract than the previously agreed 1 year
- Maguire to be offered improved terms
- No interest in Lee Croft
- Scougall fit for tomorrow
- Flynn in contract talks

And in other news, Paddy Kenny wants to leave Leeds at end of season. Cue rumours.

And in other news, Paddy Kenny wants to leave Leeds at end of season. Cue rumours.

Just out of interest mate, was this from a press conference? Just curious.

Thank feck Croft was just a rumour. We'd all be moaning about him in no time, so glad to learn that we can focus on who's actually coming in.

I really like the sound of Harris signing and Maguire staying on :D

Sign Kenny Now!

We ❤️ Returning Heroes.

Kenny, Brown and Sharp spine of the team next year.

kenny-brown.jpg

My cousin works for derby county, she worked quite closely with clough and the players. She says croft had a terrible attitude, clough dropped him to the reserves for a week and he thought it was beneath him. As we've all seen clough places much value in team spirit and croft was, on and off the pitch a bad apple. You can never say never but after what I've been told, even before Nigel was a blade, I ( thankfully ) would be amazed if we signed croft

Full interview here, pretty much as described in the original post. https://audioboo.fm/boos/2101408-in...=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Flynn, we haven't got an automatic option on him for an extra year, but very close to signing a deal.
Negotiations started with Maguire, he's happy here, hopeful that something will be sorted but no rush there.
Dimaio and Ben Whiteman involved in first team training this morning ahead of the Vale game.
Preseason plans more or less finalised. Bit of a format that Clough and his team have used in the past which they'll use again. Stressed how important those 5 weeks are, fitness will be a big focus.

Derby's pre-season friendlies last season were against Bohemians (Ireland), Port Vale, Bristol Rovers, Buxton, Burton and West Brom.

I must say that I very much appreciate the communications from Clough keeping us informed of contract negotiations. If we keep Maguire for a couple of seasons or more that will be our best bit of business. Flynn deserves a good new contract and Harris has obviously impressed Clough enough to earn better terms. All very encouraging.

Can anyone tell me what contract cloughy got,just interested as we might have vultures at the end of the season

Back
Top Bottom