Updates From Clough & Steve Davies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S5Blade

Nom, Nom, Nom
Reaction score
Interview with Clough:
https://t.co/y4QOtV9YYU

Interview with Davies:
https://t.co/nBpFr2su6Q

Blackpool have an option on Steven Davies' contract for next season, but the player says: "I want to be here (Sheff Utd) next year."

Steven Davies says joining Sheffield United was a decision he "had to make." #sufc

SD: "I've been aware of the interest for quite a while now. I know the gaffer and most of the lads too." #sufc

SD: "All I want to do now us help this club get into the Championship. I believe we can." #sufc

SD: "When I turned-up for training today, there was only a handful of people I didn't know. That really helps." #sufc

NC on Steven Davies: "We're delighted to bring him in. He gives us another option and a different option too." #sufc

NC: "Steven scores goals, is experienced and brings and extra physical presence." #sufc

NC reveals Ryan Flynn's hamstring injury is not as serious as first feared. #sufc

NC: "We think Ryan might have had a little bit of cramp too. Tomorrow might be a little too early for him though." #sufc

NC: "Steven scores goals, is experienced and brings and extra physical presence."

Steven scores goals??? From his record, not very many and not very often!!!
I hope that his career at United heralds a new dawn for him and he will score plenty, but his record for a striker suggests otherwise.........

I'm a bit concerned that Steve Davies was so keen to leave the sinking ship at Blackpool. Even if you want to, you stay and give your all until it comes to an end or you're asked to go. From some Blackpool fan comments that's not what he's done.

On the other hand, fuck em, hope he does well for us.

I'm a bit concerned that Steve Davies was so keen to leave the sinking ship at Blackpool. Even if you want to, you stay and give your all until it comes to an end or you're asked to go. From some Blackpool fan comments that's not what he's done.

Keef, think it's a case of Blackpool being a shadow of what a football club is meant to be. The chairman has gutted the team, used various managers, been unsupportive, and generally used the name of Blackpool for purposes beyond most supporter's reckoning. Who knows what happens when circumstances like that exist? I would imagine that the thought of coming to a club like SUFC would be an opportunity Davies couldn't resist, so it's as uncomplicated as that I'd imagine..

When you realise just what happens at other clubs it makes me realise that we have a club that's well run, able to balance the books, and this season at least show the resolve to move forward. Football must be an incestuous world, so word will soon get around about which clubs are worth avoiding or joining, United will fall into the latter group.

I can understand it KC when a club is being run so badly even their fans said they can't blame him.

Keef, think it's a case of Blackpool being a shadow of what a football club is meant to be. The chairman has gutted the team, used various managers, been unsupportive, and generally used the name of Blackpool for purposes beyond most supporter's reckoning. Who knows what happens when circumstances like that exist? I would imagine that the thought of coming to a club like SUFC would be an opportunity Davies couldn't resist, so it's as uncomplicated as that I'd imagine..

When you realise just what happens at other clubs it makes me realise that we have a club that's well run, able to balance the books, and this season at least show the resolve to move forward. Football must be an incestuous world, so word will soon get around about which clubs are worth avoiding or joining, United will fall into the latter group.

I can understand it KC when a club is being run so badly even their fans said they can't blame him.

Fair comments, just don't like to see it myself. If it was us going down the swanny for whatever reason I'd still like to see our players doing their job properly until they left the club.

Fair comments, just don't like to see it myself. If it was us going down the swanny for whatever reason I'd still like to see our players doing their job properly until they left the club.

Again, I hear what you're saying, but consider this. What if Davies has contractual clauses that see his wages or bonus payments change if Blackpool are relegated? I know that if I were in his position my first thought would be for my family (assuming he's married). This season we've been party to that rarest of attitudes, a player, Brayford, choosing to drop a division, accept less money, and be happy to make this possible. That fact that this is rare should demonstrate that it's accepted within the game that players are generally driven by money. I can't blame them, and perhaps the root cause of any unhappiness at Blackpool should be laid at the feet of the Chairman, not a player who wishes to remove himself from that madhouse.

They don't and never will . Thats why we got relegated , along with poor decisions by the board on managers . Thats another reason we have to stick with Clough and Co . The premiership and trying to stay there is not the holy grail for some clubs who have been there , and now suffering the consequences,

UTB

If it was us going down the Suwannee ;), I'd want the players who were responsible for that state of affairs to leave asap.

Back
Top Bottom