Updates from Adkins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No pre-contract agreements part is interesting. Goes against the rumours.

It does, i think I preferred it when I thought there were some though!

My mates son was at the McCabe corporate meeting and did say that (I think) McCabe stated that players ARE coming in, in summer, and players will be leaving, and that he is going to have tp pay up some contracts, rather than have them at BDTBL for another year, because no one is going to come in and buy the players.

No pre-contract agreements part is interesting. Goes against the rumours.
Does "Pre-contract" mean-contract extensions for existing players mate? Or have you heard that we've made some agreements with new players that we can't officially make offers for yet?

My mates son was at the McCabe corporate meeting and did say that (I think) McCabe stated that players ARE coming in, in summer, and players will be leaving, and that he is going to have tp pay up some contracts, rather than have them at BDTBL for another year, because no one is going to come in and buy the players.

I think thats something that has to happen really isn't it? Not ideal, and I'd guess expensive in terms of paying the contracts up, but we can't keep going as we are.

Agreements could still be in place even if no contracts have been agreed/signed.

I'm not sure whether it's even allowed to sign players from the same country on pre contracts.

Does "Pre-contract" mean-contract extensions for existing players mate? Or have you heard that we've made some agreements with new players that we can't officially make offers for yet?

I heard that we had agreements with players to come to SUFC in summer, and I think a couple of posters posted similar on here

Not sure if that is what NA is alluding to

Highlighted one particularly, this will set my mood for pre-season;

View attachment 17258

I’m more concerned with the 2nd one. I was hoping we might have an experienced centre half sorted on a pre-contract (we’ll need at least 2) to give ourselves a head start. I suppose we’ll probably wait til all the good out of contract players have been snapped up again and pick up this year’s version of Higdon/McEveley/ Woolford further down the line.

Players coming in:

U18/21 squad.

Players going out:

First team.

Sorted.

Can't agree, not only is The Star a paragon of truth, it is always up to the minute with news. After reading the latest edition, I for one will be interested to see the ramifications of Germany invading Poland, it won't end well.

Funny you should say that. I read in The Star only last night that The Peace Gardens in Sheffield was given that name after Chamberlain’s “Munich Agreement” with Hitler that he could annexe parts of Czechoslovakia (The Sudetanland) thus ensuring “peace for our time”.

To be fair to The Star, it was in the Retro section and it was actually news to me as I had never heard that before.

Last edited:
Funny you should say that. I read in The Star only last night that The Peace Gardens in Sheffield was given that name after Chamberlain’s “Munich Agreement” with Hitler that he could annexe parts of Czechoslovakia (The Sudetanland) thus ensuring “peace in our time”.

To be fair to The Star, it was in the Retro section and it was actually news to me as I had never heard that before.

I seem to remember there is a stone in there that says something to that effect. Although I could be wrong because we were stood outside the Town Hall waiting to go in for Dad's wedding and I'd had a couple of liveners beforehand!

I'm still not totally convinced that Adkins will be staying to be honest. I hope he is and all the talk from Adkins is that he is planning for next season and having chats with the players next week etc. But McCabe has sacked Weir just after he did his Friday media appointment and I remember Adams talking about his plans for next season and what he was doing etc! Clough appeared to be set to stay until a meeting that went wrong etc but I just thought that McCabe would have definitely stated that Adkins will be staying, if he thought that was the case. Having said that, you would have thought he could have sacked Adkins this week, given that there's nothing riding on Saturday and start the appointment process. I really hope we stick with Adkins though, and go from there.

I'm still not totally convinced that Adkins will be staying to be honest. I hope he is and all the talk from Adkins is that he is planning for next season and having chats with the players next week etc. But McCabe has sacked Weir just after he did his Friday media appointment and I remember Adams talking about his plans for next season and what he was doing etc! Clough appeared to be set to stay until a meeting that went wrong etc but I just thought that McCabe would have definitely stated that Adkins will be staying, if he thought that was the case. Having said that, you would have thought he could have sacked Adkins this week, given that there's nothing riding on Saturday and start the appointment process. I really hope we stick with Adkins though, and go from there.

All Adkins has to do is never meet with McCabe..shouldn't be too hard.. ;)

Is it Clough's legacy that McCabe has to pay up the contracts of the players Junior signed up?

Bollox off laughing if so down by the Trent.

Back
Top Bottom