Unsung hero

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought he was poor first half - didnt come for crosses, seemed to panic and got the back four panicking as well. Much better second half though
My thoughts too, though I can forgive the hesitation given the lack of game time.

UTB

My thoughts too, though I can forgive the hesitation given the lack of game time.

UTB
Yeah i've no problem with that, new back four (again) and new keeper, but he settled down better than their keeper did.

Good to know we have someone solid as backup. The pitch and Turner kept us in it today, however we deserved the luck against the most horrible team I can remember and a referee who let the game get out of hand after 2 minutes.

I really wanted to run down the South Stand and give their manager a Sheffielder haymaker. I know teams target players but what they were doing to get Higdon sent off and other players in trouble crossed the line for me today.

Good to know we have someone solid as backup. The pitch and Turner kept us in it today, however we deserved the luck against the most horrible team I can remember and a referee who let the game get out of hand after 2 minutes..
Really?

I liked the look of Swindon and their players. Can certainly see why they're up there. Their #14 was class although sometimes he did hold onto the ball a little too long. Also their #3 (Byrne is it?) was very impressive; lost count of the times he dribbled past our players.

EDIT: The #14 is John Swift (on loan from Chelsea). He's only 19...

Really?

I liked the look of Swindon and their players. Their #14 was class although sometimes he did hold onto the ball a little too long. Also their #3 (Byrne is it?) was very impressive; lost count of the times he dribbled past our players.

They are a good team, but they cheat.

Really?

I liked the look of Swindon and their players. Can certainly see why they're up there. Their #14 was class although sometimes he did hold onto the ball a little too long. Also their #3 (Byrne is it?) was very impressive; lost count of the times he dribbled past our players.

He's probably talking about what should be referred to as 'Milton Keynes syndrome'. Yes they have good players for this level, but when fearful of the far superior SUFC players they resort to kicking lumps out of them and diving/cheating and anything else they can get away with. Yet another utterly disgraceful display from the opposition and referee.

Good god. He played like a thirty year old Italian.
Exactly what I thought, looked for all the world like he'd just dropped out of Serie A for one last payday.

Swindon paper gave him 5/10

He's probably talking about what should be referred to as 'Milton Keynes syndrome'. Yes they have good players for this level, but when fearful of the far superior SUFC players they resort to kicking lumps out of them and diving/cheating and anything else they can get away with. Yet another utterly disgraceful display from the opposition and referee.
We were hardly angels ourselves...

Best footballing team I've seen all season and they weren't dirty either, just fucking cheating! If I were playing I don't think I'd have kept my cool and would have gladly kicked one of them into the stand!

The number 3 was the best player on the pitch.

Best footballing team I've seen all season and they weren't dirty either, just fucking cheating! If I were playing I don't think I'd have kept my cool and would have gladly kicked one of them into the stand!

The number 3 was the best player on the pitch.
That tackle on Che Adams was very dirty!

We were hardly angels ourselves...
And about time too! We need to be a bit more savvy in these situations. I've seen a bit of a shift lately that we will lower ourselves a little if needed, Higgo got a round of applause for getting one of theirs booked in return for what they were dishing out.

Really?

Being good doesn't mean you can't be horrible. Swindon's midfield is as good as I have seen this season. 14,3,19 all look decent players.

They operated the same nasty tactics as MK plastics did. You can't blame them, but if they concentrated on putting the ball in the net a bit more instead of trying to be fancy dans then the game would have been over at HT.

We showed great resilience today.

UTB

Yep, scything down Adams and clotheslining Scougall was pretty bad, largely they were just a bunch of cheats. Horrible side, glad we stuffed 'em.

There's a reason why they got they got so far up the table and I believe it's a mixture of their organisation and strength, some individual talent and being able to mix it up at this level. It is not pretty, but it works. But we will see them off in the Play Offs

They were not that good ! !,
Yes they made some pretty patterns in mid field but that was up against a midfield that hardly knew each other. look at the stats 5 shots on target to our 6, and 6 yellow cards to our three.
This game is all about goals and we had 2 plus one that hit the post and ran all the way back along the goal line,
I think they were lucky we didn't put the first team out.......

Oh and if they had been that good Turner would have been the hero not Murphy.....;)

UTB

There's a reason why they got they got so far up the table and I believe it's a mixture of their organisation and strength, some individual talent and being able to mix it up at this level. It is not pretty, but it works. But we will see them off in the Play Offs

If people on here were managing the Blades I'm sure most would set up similar to Swindon or Preston and think power was the way out.

Our Nige however........

If people on here were managing the Blades I'm sure most would set up similar to Swindon or Preston and think power was the way out.

Our Nige however........

Agree , MK , Bristol , Swindon , Preston are were they are for the reasons Hillmorton said. However we are not far behind in organisation , strength , talent , but it has took us 1/2 a season to get there . Its the points tally thats the problem , with us hoping loss of form , suspensions , injuries affect all teams above us , for us to catch up for automatic promotion ,

If its play offs , i fancy us against any team.

Turner is a excellent second choice goalie , 9/10. for me .

All the top teams are cynical in there play , but it now seems the blades , do not roll over and die , and can match any team in playing football and handling the opposition cheats.

Higdon ain't as bad as some make out , but the other players commitment and work rate , make him look crap.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom