United scoring or conceding 6+

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bricktop

Reaction score
I went to the game last night, just for the sheer reason that i had a hunch that if i didn't go, we would win 6-0.

It then got me thinking that on every occasion we have scored 6 in the last 30 years i have been there to see it.

The games are as follows.

1988-89 SUFC 6-1 Chester City
1990-91 SUFC 7-2 Oldham Athletic
1992-93 SUFC 6-0 Tottenham
1994-95 Luton 3-6 SUFC
1999-00 SUFC 6-0 WBA

Is this every game we have scored 6 or more during the last 30 years, and can anyone tell me what games we have conceded 6?

Did we not score 6 in an early round of the league cup one year? Not sure when but maybe Lincoln? Thought Marcus Bent got a hat trick

I went to the game last night, just for the sheer reason that i had a hunch that if i didn't go, we would win 6-0.

It then got me thinking that on every occasion we have scored 6 in the last 30 years i have been there to see it.

1994-95 Luton 3-6 SUFC
1999-00 SUFC 6-0 WBA

Is this every game we have scored 6 or more during the last 30 years, and can anyone tell me what games we have conceded 6?

Didn't we beat Birmingham 6-0 at some point or was the the West Brom one?

Didn't we beat Birmingham 6-0 at some point

December 13th 1969. That afternoon I was at a children's Xmas party organised by my dad's works. When my dad picked me up at the end of the party he told me that we had beaten Birmingham 6-0, I was impressed. Three weeks later I was even more impressed after watching in YTV that we had beaten Everton 2-1 in the FA Cup so after that I became a committed Blade

Going back further, my first ever away match was a 6-1 win at Cardiff about 1977(?) remember Woody and a brace from Bobby Campbell. Never seen us score that many away again though seen a fair few fives. Remember 7-3 v Northampton in the 4th and 6-3 v Bournemouth in the 80s

1994-95 Luton 3-6 SUFC
1999-00 SUFC 6-0 WBA

Lost 6-0 at Boro in April 1988 and someone here mentioned the 6-0 defeat against Arsenal's kids in 2008

Didn't we lose 6-0 to Manchester City at Maine Road in about 99/2000 when Simon Tracey got sent off? Could be wrong, but I am sure they got a few.

*Just checked and I was correct - August 99*

Lost 6-0 at Boro in April 1988 and someone here mentioned the 6-0 defeat against Arsenal's kids in 2008

The 6-0 hammering at Boro featured none other than Brian Smith in midfield...I'm a big Dave Bassett fan but that's up there with selecting Lee Baxter as a great selection blunder.

We'd lost 5-0 at Leeds in the previous away game - and in between won 4-1 at home v Ipswich.

A mate of mine saw Man City beat Huddersfield 10-1 in 1987-8. Double figures and 3 hattricks in the same game. A true collector's item. Not been done since in a league game.

The 6-0 hammering at Boro featured none other than Brian Smith in midfield...I'm a big Dave Bassett fan but that's up there with selecting Lee Baxter as a great selection blunder.

We'd lost 5-0 at Leeds in the previous away game - and in between won 4-1 at home v Ipswich.

A mate of mine saw Man City beat Huddersfield 10-1 in 1987-8. Double figures and 3 hattricks in the same game. A true collector's item. Not been done since in a league game.

I remember we played Huddersfield at home the following week. A cert home win one would have thought against a demoralised Town. 2-2 it finished.

I think I am right in saying that Paul Rogers, scored in both the Spurs and the Luton games. Not everybody's cup of tea but gave 110% every time he wore the shirt.

I think I am right in saying that Paul Rogers, scored in both the Spurs and the Luton games. Not everybody's cup of tea but gave 110% every time he wore the shirt.

He didn't score against Luton - Gage 2, Veart 2, Hodges and A. Scott in that game.

So we haven't put six past anyone for 15 years, is that right?

Have to laugh. I watched that game and in my youthful niaivity thought it pretty ordinary in many ways.

15 years on, and I suspect we'll not win a second tier game by six for long while yet.

The 6-0 v Spurs

Not only giving you a like for bringing back some great footy memories, but also giving you a like for your avatar! I can't help smiling whenever I see Top Cat!!

Didn't we lose 6-0 to Manchester City at Maine Road in about 99/2000 when Simon Tracey got sent off? Could be wrong, but I am sure they got a few.

*Just checked and I was correct - August 99*

Almost as embarrassing as the score line was Tracey's Goalie top, which had WARDS poorly covered up in black felt tip. Wards was no longer our sponsor and we couldn't attract a new one in time for the new season :)

Almost as embarrassing as the score line was Tracey's Goalie top, which had WARDS poorly covered up in black felt tip. Wards was no longer our sponsor and we couldn't attract a new one in time for the new season :)

Still got my Wards SUFC shirt from those years, priceless!! (when it was on form, there was nothing to touch it!)

Back
Top Bottom