U21s v Bradford this afternoon - Sign him up, Nige

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sharrowblade

Reaction score
Rather chilly up at Shirecliffe this afternoon.

Bradford centre forward - Good movement, won every ball in the air, scored.

Sign him up Nige.

Hanson is a decent enough player from what I have seen of him therefore can see why you fancy him at the lane. He generally scores more than 10 a season with a ratio of about 1 in 4 games which all things said at the minute we wouldn't turn away however he has played the majority of his football in a lower league and it makes you wonder what he has to offer should we ever achieve our aims of a return to the championship however looking at what he could bring to the table right now, he is lethal in the air as well as on the deck and got off to this season with a flyer, he had a thigh injury which is probably why he hasn't scored a few more.

If any loyalty exists in football you would imagine Hanson would be hard to pull away from Braford, they picked him up from Guiseley non league and gave him a shot at the bog time. He has been with them a good few seasons now and is a fans favourite.

Hanson is a decent enough player from what I have seen of him therefore can see why you fancy him at the lane. He generally scores more than 10 a season with a ratio of about 1 in 4 games which all things said at the minute we wouldn't turn away however he has played the majority of his football in a lower league and it makes you wonder what he has to offer should we ever achieve our aims of a return to the championship however looking at what he could bring to the table right now, he is lethal in the air as well as on the deck and got off to this season with a flyer, he had a thigh injury which is probably why he hasn't scored a few more.

If any loyalty exists in football you would imagine Hanson would be hard to pull away from Braford, they picked him up from Guiseley non league and gave him a shot at the bog time. He has been with them a good few seasons now and is a fans favourite.

Blimey they make him clean their toilets?

It's tough up north......:)

He's absolute garbage with his feet, trust me all my mates are city fans! They are so much happier with Stead up front than Hanson. All they do is lump it to Hanson when he's on the pitch. Nothing to see here, move on, he is a worse Higdon (and I don't rate Higdon particularly!). Also, met him at a do once and he's an arrogant two hat as well, so no thanks!

Porter - Mark 2 comes to mind.

Think he was ok when played with Nakhi Wells - not been so clever since he went to Huddersfield.

UTB

Porter - Mark 2 comes to mind.

Think he was ok when played with Nakhi Wells - not been so clever since he went to Huddersfield.

UTB

Ok then take it others don't like him but taking on board your Porter Mk2 Comments I think he might be very similar to Higdon looking at his clips on youtube. His main threat appears to be in the air and if you get the ball into the box like Higdon more times than not he will get on the end of it. With his feet he also appears to be a bit of a 6 yard box poacher as well which again you could liken to Higdon based on his MK Dons brace. Might be a more accurate description?

Might he be speedier than Higgo though? A Higdon-type with pace might be worth a punt.

Rather chilly up at Shirecliffe this afternoon.

Bradford centre forward - Good movement, won every ball in the air, scored.

Sign him up Nige.

What did you think of the trialist Kieran Wallace? He's a left sided (normally left midfield I think) player who was at Nottingham Forest as a youngster and got some England youth caps.

kieran-wallace-w.ashx

Ok then take it others don't like him but taking on board your Porter Mk2 Comments I think he might be very similar to Higdon looking at his clips on youtube. His main threat appears to be in the air and if you get the ball into the box like Higdon more times than not he will get on the end of it. With his feet he also appears to be a bit of a 6 yard box poacher as well which again you could liken to Higdon based on his MK Dons brace. Might be a more accurate description?

you are probably correct about Higdon. I'd like to see Mcnulty more often - great feet - all his goals appear to be different showing his versatility and his first touch with either foot is exceptional. It's another battle NC is having with a player - NC wants Mcnulty to work the centre halves more which isn't a bad thing and cosidering our one or none up front someone has to do the donkey work. You would have thought a young thing line Mcnulty would want to learn - just hope he doesn't go the same way as Butler. Will be a terrible waste if Butler turns out to be a failure.

UTB

He's absolute garbage with his feet, trust me all my mates are city fans! They are so much happier with Stead up front than Hanson. All they do is lump it to Hanson when he's on the pitch. Nothing to see here, move on, he is a worse Higdon (and I don't rate Higdon particularly!). Also, met him at a do once and he's an arrogant two hat as well, so no thanks!

Yes I can see the point of view of the temptation to lump it towards him,..... however, that doesn't have to be the case, he does work hard and his movement across the back line dragging the centre halves with him or isolating himself with the full backs would give our midfield more options than just looking up at Baxter or Higdon stood like statues, before passing it sideways and backwards.

We are sadly lacking a centre forward with traditional movement, apart from McNulty and he hasn't had a sustained run in the team, and yes I would prefer someone who is like lightning and scores 30 goals a season but we haven't got that option.

He would give me hope of someone actually getting on the end of a Harris cross, because currently Scougall is finding himself the furthest forward and he ain't going to beat anyone in the air and if by the odd chance Basham gets his head on it, the kid on the Kop on Row Z is kept busy.

We may even pose a threat at a corner, god forbid.

In the end its just an opinion, with the reasoning behind it.

I think Hanson would be a great option, and yes he may not be championship standard but then again how many of our squad are.

What did you think of the trialist Kieran Wallace? He's a left sided (normally left midfield I think) player who was at Nottingham Forest as a youngster and got some England youth caps.

kieran-wallace-w.ashx

It is of course hard to tell on just one showing, and with Billy Dearden talking about the merits of the Soup from The Academy Kitchen. However, I thought he did reasonably well, Julian Banton looked very composed and comfortable today, after he came on for Scarisbrick.

If our search for a striker that's better than what we've got ended at James Hanson, we have bigger problems than I thought.

Daz, given that there appears to be a some kind of wishful thinking amongst our fellow brethren, that we should do everything in our power to sign Chris O'Grady then you are probably correct in your assumption that we do have big problems.

Yes I can see the point of view of the temptation to lump it towards him,..... however, that doesn't have to be the case, he does work hard and his movement across the back line dragging the centre halves with him or isolating himself with the full backs would give our midfield more options than just looking up at Baxter or Higdon stood like statues, before passing it sideways and backwards.

We are sadly lacking a centre forward with traditional movement, apart from McNulty and he hasn't had a sustained run in the team, and yes I would prefer someone who is like lightning and scores 30 goals a season but we haven't got that option.

He would give me hope of someone actually getting on the end of a Harris cross, because currently Scougall is finding himself the furthest forward and he ain't going to beat anyone in the air and if by the odd chance Basham gets his head on it, the kid on the Kop on Row Z is kept busy.

We may even pose a threat at a corner, god forbid.

In the end its just an opinion, with the reasoning behind it.

I think Hanson would be a great option, and yes he may not be championship standard but then again how many of our squad are.

But that's Higdon all over. What we need is a poacher. A man to play on the last shoulder and make runs in behind. This uses Baxter and Murphy (our 2 best players) in their best roles. For Hanson - see Higdon. It's not what we need IMO

Daz, given that there appears to be a some kind of wishful thinking amongst our fellow brethren, that we should do everything in our power to sign Chris O'Grady then you are probably correct in your assumption that we do have big problems.

I agree to an extent, but I think O'Grady is more the type of player we need than Hanson. He's a lot more mobile and has a bit of pace. Plus, he scored more in the Championship for Barnsley last season than Hanson in League One.

It is of course hard to tell on just one showing, and with Billy Dearden talking about the merits of the Soup from The Academy Kitchen. However, I thought he did reasonably well, Julian Banton looked very composed and comfortable today, after he came on for Scarisbrick.

Wallace usually wears no 3 for Ilkeston and is the one making the block at the end here (1:23 in), was he playing left back at Shirecliffe?

What was the score?
What was the team?
How did Hippo and Nutty play?

1-1 (Whiteman)

Starting line up:

Turner, Paling, McGahey, Kennedy, Scarisbrick, Adams, K.Wallace, Dimaio, Khan, Whiteman, Higgosaurus,

Higgo had a header which went wide, and that's about it and McNulty had an effort which hit both posts and came out.

Wallace usually wears no 3 for Ilkeston and is the one making the block at the end here (1:23 in), was he playing left back at Shirecliffe?

No Scarisbrick began at left back, and was replaced by Banton midway through the first half. Adams was in midfield.

Back
Top Bottom