U18s vs Leeds

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes, unless something's changed this season it's open for everyone to watch for free.

Feel free to share your thoughts on here afterwards! :)

Just checking we are talking Sunday?

Noticed the OP time of 12.03am
If it's Sunday I'll be there!
Thanks for the heads up.
UTB

Having watched the U18s lose 2-0 at Barnsley I'm absolutely certain they won't be charging to watch.

I was very surprised how poor they were, not one of them stood out or looked like they would get anywhere near a professional contract. There were several booked for gobbling off at the ref having taken their lead from Travis Binnion who did not portray a very professional image of Sheffield United. Only Barnsleys number 6 took responsibility, put his foot on the ball beat a player and tried to create something and was the only one that caught the eye. The others either hoofed it from one end to the other or played sidewards balls, often misplaced. I would say it was a similar standard to good Sunday League. I have always been a strong advocate of the academy, but if those lads are the best they can attract, I fear for its future. I read the match report earlier this week and it bore no resemblance to the game I watched, sadly Barnsley were much the better team and to be fair could have won by more. I sincerely hope they just had an off day.

Having watched the U18s lose 2-0 at Barnsley I'm absolutely certain they won't be charging to watch.

I was very surprised how poor they were, not one of them stood out or looked like they would get anywhere near a professional contract. There were several booked for gobbling off at the ref having taken their lead from Travis Binnion who did not portray a very professional image of Sheffield United. Only Barnsleys number 6 took responsibility, put his foot on the ball beat a player and tried to create something and was the only one that caught the eye. The others either hoofed it from one end to the other or played sidewards balls, often misplaced. I would say it was a similar standard to good Sunday League. I have always been a strong advocate of the academy, but if those lads are the best they can attract, I fear for its future. I read the match report earlier this week and it bore no resemblance to the game I watched, sadly Barnsley were much the better team and to be fair could have won by more. I sincerely hope they just had an off day.

Worrying, especially the ill-discipline. You would think the club would crack down on that at an early age.

I fear Reed, DCL, Wright & co are the last group of outstanding talent because, like Wendy, we are now finding it hard to keep the most talented players in our Academy as the PL now have more power over them due to the EPPP. Someone who works with me says that at Wendy, the only good prospect for the u18s is George Hirst (David's son)

I fear Reed, DCL, Wright & co are the last group of outstanding talent because, like Wendy, we are now finding it hard to keep the most talented players in our Academy as the PL now have more power over them due to the EPPP. Someone who works with me says that at Wendy, the only good prospect for the u18s is George Hirst (David's son)

you have just explained ANOTHER reason to get back into the PL.

More reasons to support our present manger - long term.

UTB

you have just explained ANOTHER reason to get back into the PL.

More reasons to support our present manger - long term.

UTB
Yes, but I do not agree with the EPPP as it isnt fair on smaller clubs who have good scouts. As Derek Dooley said in 1991/92 season "I dont agree with having a PL, but if there is one, then we would like to be part of it"

Back
Top Bottom