Two managers with the highers win percentages (and a bit of a moan)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
1. Nigel Clough - 56.67%
2. Danny Wilson - 51.89%

Both accused of playing negative football, both obviously got results and both were (unjustly for a lot of people including me) sacked.

Nigel Clough got us to two cup semi-finals in 2 years, got us out of danger of the perils of League 2 and build the foundations of a side that will do well in the championship. He brought in players like Basham, Brayford, Che Adams and Done while turning Murphy into a top class layer and produced exciting and talented future (and current) players such as Reed and Kennedy.

It was a poor decision by the board to sack him. We have an American who has openly admitted he is new to football and Baki from turkey ,and we all know what the reputation for the turn over of managers is over there, looking after things while McCabe and the Prince are always abroad. This is one of the reasons i think the decision was reached in my opinion.

I also think that there is a strong possibility of our best players, namely Brayford, Basham, Murphy etc, leaving. They could even end up going with Clough to his next club or him signing them of of us. So, think of that when your rejoicing and shouting hallelujah in the streets.

And all this comes at a time when Clough seems to have (finally) acknowledged our weaknesses and, judging by the strong rumours, good Quality players have been lined up to fill the gaps and sort them out.

I suppose we will never know what the boards reasons were but the conclusion I've made is that this was an awful decision by the club.

But what's done is done so next for me should be Warburton or Adkins, but only as long as Chris Morgan will be still involved.

UTMB

Read the first few lines, knew you were standing up for clough, so just didn't read the rest.:)

Under Clough we Scored 110 and Conceded 86... Never going to be promotion statistics

Wilson and Clough managed us in League One though where we're always going to be a big fish in a small pond.

It's no surprise that their win percentages are so high because we've spent the majority of our history in the top tier.

Ffs this was without doubt the shittiest weak crappy division since time began. With the resources both Clough and Wilson had (£2M on The beard and 3M on Ched alone) I could have attained those percentages with one arm tied behind my back, without centre backs, strikers and a newsagent finding the worlds best talent

And despite both of them having the best part of two seasons they didn't get us promoted.
You know what they say about statistics

I suppose we will never know what the boards reasons were but the conclusion I've made is that this was an awful decision by the club.
We might not know but failing in his objective could have something to do with it.

Ultimately, we don't know how bad or good the decision is until we find out who we appoint and what that person achieves.

1. Nigel Clough - 56.67%
2. Danny Wilson - 51.89%

Both accused of playing negative football, both obviously got results and both were (unjustly for a lot of people including me) sacked.

Nigel Clough got us to two cup semi-finals in 2 years, got us out of danger of the perils of League 2 and build the foundations of a side that will do well in the championship. He brought in players like Basham, Brayford, Che Adams and Done while turning Murphy into a top class layer and produced exciting and talented future (and current) players such as Reed and Kennedy.

It was a poor decision by the board to sack him. We have an American who has openly admitted he is new to football and Baki from turkey ,and we all know what the reputation for the turn over of managers is over there, looking after things while McCabe and the Prince are always abroad. This is one of the reasons i think the decision was reached in my opinion.

I also think that there is a strong possibility of our best players, namely Brayford, Basham, Murphy etc, leaving. They could even end up going with Clough to his next club or him signing them of of us. So, think of that when your rejoicing and shouting hallelujah in the streets.

And all this comes at a time when Clough seems to have (finally) acknowledged our weaknesses and, judging by the strong rumours, good Quality players have been lined up to fill the gaps and sort them out.

But what's done is done so next for me should be Warburton or Adkins, but only as long as Chris Morgan will be still involved.

UTMB
Well we've obviously picked the same manager twice and I believe most of Nigel's wins came last season.

Back
Top Bottom