Triple substitution.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stop Baxter getting sent off? If he was worried about anyone getting sent off it should have been Hammond, on a booking at half time then deserved another booking and a straight red in the second half.

I presume he took Baxter and Reed off because his plan was to play long ball in the second half. Unfortunately he didn't have a striker who can head the ball to bring on.

Great move by Adkins, hauling Collins off will upset the little wallflower.
Hopefully that finishes his blades career
He will be in tears on Radio pig later saying how much Utd mean to him etc etc.
Don't see anyone knocking Clough for dropping him now. If Clough had still been here Collins wouldn't ,or Long ,or Woolford ,or Hammond.

I assumed Baxter took a knock, he was limping at one stage after a heavy tackle.

As for a triple sub, why the hell not? We were losing 3-1 at home to Shrewsbury FFS! Can't see how it could really get much worse no matter what Adkins did at half time.

Don't see anyone knocking Clough for dropping him now. If Clough had still been here Collins wouldn't ,or Long ,or Woolford ,or Hammond.
Or JCR or sharp or Murphy either.

Think it was Clough that agreed to sell Murphy as Che was coming through

I think most knocked Clough because he managed to put us in a situation where we had Craig Alcock, Craig fucking Alcock playing centre half in our most important match of the season. Alcock isn't good enough to play for us in his best position let alone be played out of position!

Collins isn't good enough, but you have to replace poor players, not just drop them and hope for the best.

I think most knocked Clough because he managed to put us in a situation where we had Craig Alcock, Craig fucking Alcock playing centre half in our most important match of the season. Alcock isn't good enough to play for us in his best position let alone be played out of position!

Collins isn't good enough, but you have to replace poor players, not just drop them and hope for the best.
Getting centre halves seems to be a problem for us since Maguire left. I cant believe hes sent Kennedy out on loan. I think Clough would have addressed this in the summer along with a big centre mid and a striker ,we were 3 /4 good signings off a good team.
Zak Whitbread showed last night what we needed.

Or JCR or sharp or Murphy either.

Think it was Clough that agreed to sell Murphy as Che was coming through

It was probably also Clough who agreed to the signing of Sammon. We chased him throughout last season.

Getting centre halves seems to be a problem for us since Maguire left. I cant believe hes sent Kennedy out on loan. I think Clough would have addressed this in the summer along with a big centre mid and a striker ,we were 3 /4 good signings off a good team.
Zak Whitbread showed last night what we needed.

Kennedy played 90 minutes on Saturday...didn't make the 17 (Cambridge named 6 subs) last night. Much as I'd love to be proven wrong, Kennedy's knees are going to finish his career as a professional sooner rather than later.

I was behind Clough until he refused to put the club before his ego and put Collins back in after a successful loan spell. There's no way on earth that he thought Alcock was a better option than Collins. That said, he knew the squad and its limitations, and knew what needed addressing. McEveley captaining a team with an "unstrengthened" back four would not have been our opening season's reality.

What was that about? Was it a barnyesque flounce by Adkin's or to stop Baxter (best player tonight for me) getting sent off. Collins, make way for the team Captain to get us playing? Reed, to make way for Basham I think to get Edgar on in a new CH pairing.
Didn't work whatever was intended
PANIC STATIONS

1) Why the hell take Reed off ahead of Hammond?

2) Why the hell take Baxter off if he wasn't injured?

3) Why the hell waste your third substitution on putting McEveley at centre half rather than JCR on the right wing?

4) Why even bring Done on ahead of JCR?

5) Why lump four attackers up front and take away any possibility of being able to pass the ball in midfield and work openings and crossing opportunities down the flanks in favour of going direct when we don't have the options or ability to play that way?

6) Why shoot yourself in the foot should anyone get injured or sent off for the sake of substitutions that were unlikely to make us any better, particularly McEveley?

It's almost as if he was asking for the sack.

I was behind Clough until he refused to put the club before his ego and put Collins back in after a successful loan spell. There's no way on earth that he thought Alcock was a better option than Collins. That said, he knew the squad and its limitations, and knew what needed addressing. McEveley captaining a team with an "unstrengthened" back four would not have been our opening season's reality.
Maybe it wasn't Clough's ego. Maybe Collins is a cunt of the highest order and bringing him back would have pissed off the rest of the first team players?
Just speculating.

1) Why the hell take Reed off ahead of Hammond?

2) Why the hell take Baxter off if he wasn't injured?

3) Why the hell waste your third substitution on putting McEveley at centre half rather than JCR on the right wing?

4) Why even bring Done on ahead of JCR?

5) Why lump four attackers up front and take away any possibility of being able to pass the ball in midfield and work openings and crossing opportunities down the flanks in favour of going direct when we don't have the options or ability to play that way?

6) Why shoot yourself in the foot should anyone get injured or sent off for the sake of substitutions that were unlikely to make us any better, particularly McEveley?

It's almost as if he was asking for the sack.
On the other thread on the same topic someone said he was 'making a statement'. Fucking stupid time to make a statement IMHO.

Maybe it wasn't Clough's ego. Maybe Collins is a cunt of the highest order and bringing him back would have pissed off the rest of the first team players?
Just speculating.
Maybe. I'm just going on the evidence and gut-feelings I have. The way the team celebrate his goals this season suggests that the rest of the first team squad don't really think he's a cunt, and certainly not The Supreme Cunt.

I thought the substitutions at half time was a panic discision, we all agree something had to be done, like maybe bring on done and jcr, the damage had been done, we are 1-3 down, we need 2/3 goals in around 45 minutes so lets bring on maceverley and Edgar and push basham into midfield I thought at the time is this the worst substitution we have ever made, we needed an attacking threat, wether done and jcr would have worked I don't know but we would at least have had a go, I also thought 2 subs.at half time and keep the third back for say twenty minutes and reassess the situation, but what do I know, but as a supporter of NA it is getting increasingly difficult to defend him.

Adkins likes the phrase "I need to find a solution" - well IMO he needs to find another job, not a solution, after last night's fiasco. His substitutions indicated that he is just grasping at straws and not up to the job.
UTB

Judging by the substitutions and changes, or lack of changes he makes I'd say Adkins is unable to think clearly during games.

Well, he lost me last night.

I have become increasingly concerned about his decisions, but the clincher was McEverleys appearance. That shows he's completely taken leave of his senses.

Well, he lost me last night.

I have become increasingly concerned about his decisions, but the clincher was McEverleys appearance. That shows he's completely taken leave of his senses.

Presumably the reason for this was to replace piss poor Collins but all this does to me is highlight the glaring deficiencies that have been there for a long time and proves he has no room for manouvre, so he can only replace 'player a' with 'player b' who is equally as poor.

The absolute fact that this should have been addressed in the summer is where this problem began.

It was probably also Clough who agreed to the signing of Sammon. We chased him throughout last season.

Kennedy played 90 minutes on Saturday...didn't make the 17 (Cambridge named 6 subs) last night. Much as I'd love to be proven wrong, Kennedy's knees are going to finish his career as a professional sooner rather than later.
He had food poisoning.

Maybe. I'm just going on the evidence and gut-feelings I have. The way the team celebrate his goals this season suggests that the rest of the first team squad don't really think he's a cunt, and certainly not The Supreme Cunt.
Could be right mate but I suspect someone (or ones) are causing bother behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom