Transfer Deadline Day.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SE9 Blade

Reaction score
It amazes me how many fans still get carried away by the media generated frenzy that is TDD, despite the fact that NC has stated on a few occasions that he is happy with the squad, barring a couple of additions which he always expected to be loan signings anyway.
Most of our business was done early, thus avoiding bidding wars, etc. and I think that most of the additions have settled in well.
When fit, I think Higdon will do very well in this league, Alcock already looks a top signing, Basham and JCR are improving with every game and we have a couple of decent prospects in HM and McNulty.

Call me a happy clapper if you like, but I think we are on track.

But then I suppose some on here wouldn't be happy unless we had a 22:59 bid of £2,000,000 accepted for Michael Brown!

But when Clough announces the day before that he's identified 4 targets expectations are obviously going to be raised. He gave the impression over the weekend that he believed a few signings were needed and also that his preference was for permanent deals not loans. There's a context for people's disappointment, most aren't just spitting the dummy out because we didn't blow a load of money on a big name.

Agree that we are quickly improving though.

Hear, hear SE9 Blade. TDD is just a crude marketing ploy. It's not even a 'deadline' as the loan market opens next week. Think of TDD as the Christmas Sales. If you don't join in the frenzy and snap up any old tat, never mind, there's always the Boxing Day sales!

To listen to some fans, we should have bought somebody, anybody! to show we 'mean business'. No wonder so many fools phone X-Factor!

It seems that Hull (and Rotherham) have gone for it, the rest is the natural churn of a footballer's life. So Wendy have loaned Drenthe. To keep the 'Christmas Sales' analogy going, he'll prove to be the unwanted George Foreman grill at the back of the cupboard.

We haven't flogged Baxter, Scougall etc. Calm down dear!

Last edited:
But when Clough announces the day before that he's identified 4 targets expectations are obviously going to be raised. He gave the impression over the weekend that he believed a few signings were needed and also that his preference was for permanent deals not loans. There's a context for people's disappointment, most aren't just spitting the dummy out because we didn't blow a load of money on a big name.

Agree that we are quickly improving though.
Well balanced post,and the whole post sums up how i feel atm.

I agree that expectations were alerted when Clough said that he had identified targets that could improve the squad, but the club has also said all along that they won't pay over the odds for players. We put in bids, they were rejected for whatever reason and we moved on, knowing that we represent an attractive loan option for players from higher divisions.

I agree that expectations were alerted when Clough said that he had identified targets that could improve the squad, but the club has also said all along that they won't pay over the odds for players. We put in bids, they were rejected for whatever reason and we moved on, knowing that we represent an attractive loan option for players from higher divisions.

Or Scotland

Back
Top Bottom