Transfer Deadline day BLADES NEWS

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
A chance for you to copy and paste any articles, twitter rumours etc you find to see if there will be much action today, I'll start with one from the Guardian about DCL

Everton have agreed a £1.4m deal with Sheffield United to sign Dominic Calvert-Lewin, who has just been called up to the England Under-20 squad. Calvert-Lewin joined Sheffield United at the age of eight and made his debut for the club in April last year. He enjoyed an impressive loan spell at Northampton Town last season and has attracted interest from Manchester United as well as Everton. The 19-year-old attacking midfielder is a Sheffield boy and grew up a few streets away from where Jamie Vardy lived, near Hillsborough.

Lets see if we can use the funds for once.!!!!!

Feel free to post about potential targets going somewhere elsewhere, former players moving or rivals selling or strengthening.

A chance for you to copy and paste any articles, twitter rumours etc you find to see if there will be much action today, I'll start with one from the Guardian about DCL

Everton have agreed a £1.4m deal with Sheffield United to sign Dominic Calvert-Lewin, who has just been called up to the England Under-20 squad. Calvert-Lewin joined Sheffield United at the age of eight and made his debut for the club in April last year. He enjoyed an impressive loan spell at Northampton Town last season and has attracted interest from Manchester United as well as Everton. The 19-year-old attacking midfielder is a Sheffield boy and grew up a few streets away from where Jamie Vardy lived, near Hillsborough.

Lets see if we can use the funds for once.!!!!!

Feel free to post about potential targets going somewhere elsewhere, former players moving or rivals selling or strengthening.

Are we now in some kind of fire sale? Anybody any good is sold. Shame he can't sell the fans. I suspect a lot of clubs might like 15,000 fans added to their fan base since at the moment 3-5000 fans per home game is about all McCabe warrants.

Are we now in some kind of fire sale? Anybody any good is sold. Shame he can't sell the fans. I suspect a lot of clubs might like 15,000 fans added to their fan base since at the moment 3-5000 fans per home game is about all McCabe warrants.

I quoted on another page i think we need to make 2-3m a year in player sales, the club will never admit it.

Everton clearly see something in DCL that I don't. From what I've seen, he is not particularly quick, not very strong, not overly skilful, not a great finisher and doesn't create much for others. Again from what I've seen, he doesn't appear to be improving in any of the aforementioned skillsets either. Maybe it's me and I genuinely wish the lad well but right now, I would say £1.4Million in the SUFC coffers is far better in our current position than having him on the books.

James Shield ‏@JamesShield1 29m29 minutes ago
No names yet but I understand Sheffield United have made a breakthrough in their search for a centre-half. #sufc #twitterblades #starlive

29 retweets38 likes

Is the break through a big 'fuk off' from another club. The break through being that we will now not waste any more time trying to sign that player and instead we can concentrate our energies on floggin owt that moves at a car boot sale this sunday?

I had a breakthrough at my first anal thrust at my early morning shit. Despite the breakthrough it was still a load of shit. Sounds familiar Utd.

I heard it was some bloke playing in America for a team called the rowdies, apparently he is never at fault for any of the goals against his team and as played at this level before........ :confused:

giphy.gif

Everton clearly see something in DCL that I don't. From what I've seen, he is not particularly quick, not very strong, not overly skilful, not a great finisher and doesn't create much for others. Again from what I've seen, he doesn't appear to be improving in any of the aforementioned skillsets either. Maybe it's me and I genuinely wish the lad well but right now, I would say £1.4Million in the SUFC coffers is far better in our current position than having him on the books.

That's because he plays for club retard, if he had any ability to start with it would have been coached out of him.
Everton can afford to take a £1 million punt on a young kid
If he comes good then great
If he doesn't they'll sell him to a Championship club for £4 million

That's because he plays for club retard, if he had any ability to start with it would have been coached out of him.
Everton can afford to take a £1 million punt on a young kid
If he comes good then great
If he doesn't they'll sell him to a Championship club for £4 million

So far we`ve let Adams go for anything between £1m and £1.5. We may let DCL go for £1.4m. Brum and Everton would spend that on a club night out and throw in a 25k tip to the waitress.

An interesting thread tonight would be what Division 3 and 4 clubs get for their prospects and compare.

So this will be our CB signing eh? not played for six months due to injury and poor discipline ............................ ticks all the boxes for us.

So this will be our CB signing eh? not played for six months due to injury and poor discipline ............................ ticks all the boxes for us.
Maybe he heard of our interest and he's just playing for away. ;)

Why, the club has no debts, McCabe wrote them all off for £1 when the Pearly Prince turned up and since then we've always been within the FFP - where's this mythical debt come from?

Who said anything about debt? What about running costs, wages etc.

HEY, don't let's get too down. Our board will be working their nuts off until late into the evening to get deals over the line before 11pm. Still plenty of time to offload our other saleable assets like Sharp and...erm......um...

Back
Top Bottom