Tony McMahon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

chesblade

Reaction score
Gone to Bradford until end of season. Strange transfer this, wonder what kind of game he will
Have against us

How does he do it ? I play against better players at 7 a side and they pay £3 a time for the privilege of a game.

I always enjoyed chatting to Tony's dad at away games. Decent geordie bloke.

I miss Tony.

HH

I know Bob Harris has been out of form of late but swapping him for McMahon must go down as one of Cloughs best bits of business

http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread-24883.html#.VRSmc_msV6x
Bomber Harris is excellent moving forward but he needs cover when in defending mode. Bashambauer and The Beard did that job very well on Tuesday. Let's hope they keep it up over the next few weeks. Finally having two experienced and skilled players at centre back seems to have made a big difference....

Gone to Bradford until end of season. Strange transfer this, wonder what kind of game he will
Have against us

It's just Blackpool (Oyston) clearing the decks for next season sooner rather than later a la Davies.

I'd be a bit concerned for the likes of Murph as he'll (McMahon) be up for the game and as we know, can be a clumsy, reckless bugger at times.

It's just Blackpool (Oyston) clearing the decks for next season sooner rather than later a la Davies.

I'd be a bit concerned for the likes of Murph as he'll (McMahon) be up for the game and as we know, can be a clumsy, reckless bugger at times.

Murphs will clean him out.

Murphy has been hit and miss in previous seasons, but he is fast becomeing one of the best wingers I have seen in red and white in recent years, certainly Anno Warnock. Watching the way he dealt with the two scunny defenders in the game the other night leads me to believe that we will struggle to keep hold of him if we fail in the playoffs.

My 'best player' at the moment.

pommpey

Murphs will clean him out.

Murphy has been hit and miss in previous seasons, but he is fast becomeing one of the best wingers I have seen in red and white in recent years, certainly Anno Warnock. Watching the way he dealt with the two scunny defenders in the game the other night leads me to believe that we will struggle to keep hold of him if we fail in the playoffs.

My 'best player' at the moment.

pommpey

Smart move by the board to tie him to a long term contract, we can command a much higher fee that way, if we want to sell him/he wants to leave that is!

Smart move by the board to tie him to a long term contract, we can command a much higher fee that way, if we want to sell him/he wants to leave that is!
Might be wrong but I don't think he would want to leave , he strikes me a shy ,introvert ,sensible lad who would find it hard to move on ,it took him a long time to settle here. Besides weve made half the team Scottish to stop him feeling homesick :)

He seems a loyal player, stayed at Motherwell through thick and thin. Its obvious he could play at a higher level but he has never suggested leaving us and recently signed a new contract to prove his commitment to the club. I think with us currently being in a position where we don't need to sell our best players he will be playing at the Lane for at least another season.

That contract means knack all to Sheffield United though, doesn't it?

If someone comes in with an offer which looks right - three drags on a cig and a 1975 Panini album (13 missing but loads of 'gots') and a whip-and-top (no string) then Murphs will be gone, contract or no contract.

pommpey

Might be wrong but I don't think he would want to leave , he strikes me a shy ,introvert ,sensible lad who would find it hard to move on ,it took him a long time to settle here. Besides weve made half the team Scottish to stop him feeling homesick :)

He seems a loyal player, stayed at Motherwell through thick and thin. Its obvious he could play at a higher level but he has never suggested leaving us and recently signed a new contract to prove his commitment to the club. I think with us currently being in a position where we don't need to sell our best players he will be playing at the Lane for at least another season.

Completely agree with you both, can't see him wanting to leave, but if he got a crazy offer from a Championship club, we could command a fee if his head was turned - you never know what's going to happen in football.

Takes a good free kick, a good penalty and can cross. I bet on deadbats reports he averaged about 7 with his time with us. A steady full back who for some reason, we have labelled the shittiest shiteating shiteater of all time.

Takes a good free kick, a good penalty and can cross. I bet on deadbats reports he averaged about 7 with his time with us. A steady full back who for some reason, we have labelled the shittiest shiteating shiteater of all time.
Really ? I though he and Hill were the worst full back combination I have seen at Utd ,although Jordan Stewart and Marcus Williams also come into that .

I thought his was shit an'all. Great business by Clough on this occasion.

Really ? I though he and Hill were the worst full back combination I have seen at Utd ,although Jordan Stewart and Marcus Williams also come into that .

I did not think he was great but I thought he was steady. Hill had some great games for us and some awful ones, he was far too inconsistent, but like I say I think Mcmahon averaged about a 7.

Reactions: LSF
I was just beginning to sleep easily and then someone sitwell has to go and bring up Jordan Bloody Stewart. The act of desperation that showed just how much we wanted to get rid of Lee Hendrie.

Trouble was his crosses came from 20 yards too deep because he couldn't get up and down the pitch.

His cult status at Boro was surely borne of a typo.

I was just beginning to sleep easily and then someone sitwell has to go and bring up Jordan Bloody Stewart. The act of desperation that showed just how much we wanted to get rid of Lee Hendrie.

It was Clough who took Hendrie and gave us Stewart too. I imagine both clubs feel they lost a poor player but also received one

Back
Top Bottom