To Summise

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
What the Fans seem to want *judging by here Fb/Twatter

Robinson/Adkins

What the board 'seemingly' want - Parkinson.

The top 2 would see the fans at least get behind the team and potentially sell some more season tickets.

Parkinson would alienate the fans.

So I expect Parkinson to be unveiled, what a dreadful appointment if true, only United could employ a manager who finished below the one we just sacked.

Chesterfield finished below us and Cook's name was being mentioned on here as a possible successor to Clough.

The problem being do Adkins or Robinson want to come? Suppose this should have been a thought of the board before getting rid of clough. Have they totally misjudged the situation and thought we had more pulling power?

The problem being do Adkins or Robinson want to come? Suppose this should have been a thought of the board before getting rid of clough. Have they totally misjudged the situation and thought we had more pulling power?

But we don't know why Clough was sacked, it could be that the board were left with no alternative but to sack him.

Anyway, I've not heard any name being linked that isn't a more appealing alternative to Clough.

The name SUFC does , the playing squad . league , and history of sacking managers doesn't .

UTB

But we don't know why Clough was sacked, it could be that the board were left with no alternative but to sack him.

Anyway, I've not heard any name being linked that isn't a more appealing alternative to Clough.

Could be we haven't got a pot to piss in and we are going to appoint accordingly, doesn't seem very 'Game Changing' :-(

"bus drivers get abuse Training"

so, when a student gets on and offers you a £20 note for a £1 fare, tell them to fuck off

I never think it looks good , when a club is turned down , when wanting a manager and its in the public domain.

We just have to start again , unless McCabe has become canny , and its a smoke screen. I think we all will be happy when the business is sorted , but all of us will not be happy , when someone is appointed , whoever it is .

Ground Hog Day.

UTB

Like you say, it's a possible smoke screen. We wouldn't be in a strong negotiating position if there is only one candidate for the job.

it would be stupid not to have looked at several options we will be asking to speak to 4 5 or 6 people , doesnt mean any is first choice , just one of a list of options

parkinson is not the boards preferred choice , he is a possibility discussed at length, until you interview them you cant form an opinion
if he is unavailable we move on to option b as they say on x factor , in no particular order

it would be stupid not to have looked at several options we will be asking to speak to 4 5 or 6 people , doesnt mean any is first choice , just one of a list of options

parkinson is not the boards preferred choice , he is a possibility discussed at length, until you interview them you cant form an opinion

A look at Wiki would tell you what you need to know about a manager? Why go back to Bradford twice if they just want to interview him.

A look at Wiki would tell you what you need to know about a manager? Why go back to Bradford twice if they just want to interview him.
Ive held interviews with people who had great cv s
some gave no option but to cross them off after an interview as they didnt impress

which bit of wiki tells you their man management skills , their outlook on how things are done , if they can work in your environment

football is exactly the same as any workplace, people have to fit the vacancy
you wouldnt set Keith Lemon on as an undertaker, as an extreme example
I doubt if a bank would just look up a new manager on web site information

some gave no option but to cross them off after an interview as they didnt impress

which bit of wiki tells you their man management skills , their outlook on how things are done , if they can work in your environment

football is exactly the same as any workplace, pople have to fit the vacancy

Agree, but it never carried out in the media spotlight . I think the biggest problem at the lane , is the calibre of so called professionals , in the know , who the board take advice from , when drawing up a list of potential candidates , and ultimate manager appointed.

UTB

Agree, but it never carried out in the media spotlight . I think the biggest problem at the lane , is the calibre of so called professionals , in the know , who the board take advice from , when drawing up a list of potential candidates , and ultimate manager appointed.

UTB
to be fair the clubs said nothing
its all press speculation, there might be hints but dont think we will move anywhere till mid next week , when interviews have been held , behind closed doors with some dropped names and some not mentioned
After selecting Robson big name , Adams old hand and Weir bold gamble , all a bag of bollocks , we will be treading very carefully, its a pity mccabes flair for construction doesnt transfer to football

I think most of us see our track record of appointments in recent years and sort of know what's around the corner.

Robinson is just what we need plays the game as should be played passing penitrating football.
And he brings in quality young loan players simply because the top managers know he'll do the right things with them.
I'd love Alan Smith to be playing for us.

What the Fans seem to want *judging by here Fb/Twatter

Robinson/Adkins

What the board 'seemingly' want - Parkinson.

The top 2 would see the fans at least get behind the team and potentially sell some more season tickets.

Parkinson would alienate the fans.

So I expect Parkinson to be unveiled, what a dreadful appointment if true, only United could employ a manager who finished below the one we just sacked.
But clough managed a team that came down from the championship, while Parkinson has history of getting 2 teams promoted including Bradford from league 2

By that token, successful managers like Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough etc. wouldn't have even got an interview. Nah, I'm sticking with win ratios over a number of years.

Back
Top Bottom