Ticket Prices

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
Was having a discussion at the weekend about ticket prices and the pros/cons of the system used by Bradford (low prices, bigger uptake).

It raised a semi-interesting question; is where you sit (ie which stand) dictated to by the cost?

Would those on the Kop want to sit on the South Stand if the prices were identical?

What I'd like to see happen is for a standard ticket price for adult and child tickets for all the stadium (ie £20 adults, £10 conc, anywhere in the ground).

Would this work?

In my opinion the better view within the ground is on the south stand. So I think its probably justifiable that people have to pay more for that.

I know people prefer the Kop for the atmosphere etc

I think if every stand was the same price you would end up with a packed south stand and other areas of the ground would be a lot emptier.

Would those on the Kop want to sit on the South Stand if the prices were identical?

No. Apart from the better facilities and not being blinded by the sun there's no appeal to watching football from the side. All but a handful of the league games I've seen have been from the Kop, and unless I end up in a really posh seat on the side I can't see that changing.

One of the reasons of me moving was the view in the South Stand. It is better for the kids too as the rake of the stand is good.
My lad plays cricket with a few Bradford City season ticket holders who think the scheme is great especially for kids. They described it as a free ticket for the kids, as it costs £5 for 'admin' costs. It has certainly brought a lot of people in and they see it as key to making sure young people support their home team.

Been in same spot on Kop since seats went in there.

A few of us used to stand in same area together and got seats together. That's dwindled over the years.

My kids are now sat with us. Cannot imagine changing no matter what the charging structure.

Cannot beat sat behind the goal with the atmosphere (when present !) imo.

All around have been there years and it's now a bigger, more diverse group that adds to the enjoyment - or makes it depending on the pitch scenario.

Been in all stands bar john street over the years i have seen us and now i am sat in the Kop i would probably pay an extra £5 if it was more expensive than the others, unless we go like the pigs and start charging £40 then it would be whatever is cheapest.

Been in all areas of the ground in the last few years. I like Westfield but no atmosphere. I like Kop for atmosphere but hate when my view is obscured by tall people. Like the family stand most I think, when I'm allowed in.

South Stand all the way, don't have kids so can't go in Family Stand, don't want smashed knees thanks to the leg room so don't sit on the KOP, Upper Corner is a good view but atmosphere is non-existent.

I'm a season ticket holder on the Kop but if was paying per game I'd pick the South Stand for its better view for less glamorous matches and the Kop for the big games for the atmosphere.
Obviously I'm effectively banned from John Street since I don't have kids so that's a no go unfortunately.

There's only recently been a price difference between stands. I can only guess that it's an attempt to gentrify certain sections of the South Stand because obviously, the less money you have, the more likely you are to try and smash a rival supporters face in. Or at least that's how modern football clubs see it.

Been in all stands bar john street over the years i have seen us and now i am sat in the Kop i would probably pay an extra £5 if it was more expensive than the others, unless we go like the pigs and start charging £40 then it would be whatever is cheapest.

But that's where you're wrong! Football Heaven has just allowed Mark The Pitsmoor Pig to have a ten-minute advert for the Arsenal game. Seems that they've sold 21k tickets so, with Arsenal fans, will get a 40k full house. Ignoring the fact that this delusional druggie seems to forget that the Theatre of Rust doesn't hold 40k any more, he was allowed to continue his rant about 'proving Wednesday are the bigger club' blah, blah.

Surprising what £5 tickets for junior porkers do for crowds. Strange that MTPP didn't mention this.

Sad to say but I'll never go back onto the Spion Kop again until they've knocked it down and rebuilt it properly.

Basically I'll never go back on the Spion Kop again!

Was having a discussion at the weekend about ticket prices and the pros/cons of the system used by Bradford (low prices, bigger uptake).

It raised a semi

I stopped reading here when I realised it was more filth.

Back
Top Bottom