Three year ban for "Pyro" fan sends a warning to fans.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chezzy_Blade

Reaction score
Going back to something that was discussed pretty heavily on here a short while back by Linz. Just seen on The Star website that a Villa fan has been issued with a 3 year banning order for being found in possession of a Smoke Grenade / Pyrotechnic / flare as well as a £245 fine.

Last season we sat 4th in a table of all 92 clubs which I believe brought the club under a bit of scrutiny from the FA with threats of action against us?.

The three year banning order issued to this fan has been branded as lenient due to the fact that it hadn't been detonated or set off whatever the correct word is? The FA and police are working together to deal with Pyrotechnics at football matches and have issued another warning that if anyone is found in possession of Pyro's in the ground they can expect to face anything from a 6 year to an indefinite ban as a bare minimum as well as a hefty fine and even prison.

Nice to see them getting the act together on this one.

What happened to the fan that launched that pyro at that linesman a couple of years ago? Seem to think it was Spurs fans away at Villa?

Genuine question as I don't know the answer. Reason I ask is because if this guy has got a 3 year ban just for bringing it into the ground then he should be banned for life for launching it and it hitting someone.

What happened at the Fenerbahce friendly. Anything?
The Fener fans set off at least half a dozen flares, 2 of them were thrown to the stand below where there happened to be ball boys sat and one set a seat on fire in the upper tier, then they set off a rather loud firecracker :p

What happened at the Fenerbahce friendly. Anything?
Nothing will happen to them,it was all seen as cool that they did it on here and nobody batted an eyelid.A fan in our country gets fucked left right and centre,yet a foreign team does it in one of our grounds and gets away with it,he just got chucked out,wow fucking wee.Oh well life goes on:D

The FSF have been encouraging the use of pyro amnesty bins at some grounds as a soft-touch in a big crackdown. Agree with it or not, no one carrying pyro should be surprised if they get banned.

Now whether banning orders work is another matter entirely...

Personally I think football has a lot more problems than this.
Atmospheres up and down the country are on their arse but every time one of these badboys goes off it raises it up.
Are they safe? Probably not.
Am I ever worried when one is near me? Nope
Do I cheer when one is lit? Yep
Would I take my myself? No
Would I want to? Hell yeah!

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Turkey the Away Travel Committee of the supporters club of an un-named football club has announced that official tenders will be invited for the provision of Smoke Grenades, Pyrotechnics & Flares for the forthcoming season.The technical specifications require that the pyro's should be of sufficient quality as to burn plastic seating and should be easily concealable.

The club and police are working together with supporters to ensure that the effective provision of pyrotechnics at football matches (and the reputation of the fans as away supporters) is maintained and have issued the usual warning that if anyone is found in possession of pyro's in the ground they can expect to face anything from a knowing wink to a severe telling off as well as having to pay a bribe or face a strenuous body search if the police officer is having a bad day. In an important new development the local council's Community Support Group are offering fans a help-line and instructional classes on the use of pyrotechnics following the shock drop of the club to 4th in the overall standings for pyrotechnics used at away matches.

:p

It's a shame the FA can't be as proactive with the more serious issues that are destroying the game.

No pyro no party, three years for being in possession of one, that's ludicrous, surely they should be spending their time more wisely.

Why is it ludicrous - it should be fucking more!

As a club we are still suffering from when that nobhead in the South stand launched a rocket at the BLUT with pigs siting in it.

When ever we get a big crowd there are all sorts of restrictions put on us by the safety people.

If people behaved as they should instead of being complete and utter nobheads (with illegal and dangerous pyrotechnics) then we might get our WHOLE fucking ground back.

Rant Over.

UTB

Why is it ludicrous - it should be fucking more!

As a club we are still suffering from when that nobhead in the South stand launched a rocket at the BLUT with pigs siting in it.

When ever we get a big crowd there are all sorts of restrictions put on us by the safety people.

If people behaved as they should instead of being complete and utter nobheads (with illegal and dangerous pyrotechnics) then we might get our WHOLE fucking ground back.

Rant Over.

UTB

There is always an idiot somewhere that spoils it for the rest, but to me I would love the atmosphere in England to match the likes of Germany, Italy, Turkey, even Spain at times, AS Roma are having a new stadium built inspired by the Colosseum which will have 14,000-seat detached section behind one of the goals for the hard-core "ultra" supporters, so anyone who is fine with the dangers of pyrotechnics can enjoy at their risk, I would like something like this in England.

flares add atmosphere.those roma night games are mental. its just there are nobs who throw them. thats why its banned ! we never had any problems in the 90's with them,dunno why thats changed.stood on the kop as a lad, beating owls, flares going round, flags out. thats a big reason why i fell in love with united. bring back standing sections aswell and we will get more atmosphere.the lane is too quiet nowadays ! UTB

The Fener fans set off at least half a dozen flares, 2 of them were thrown to the stand below where there happened to be ball boys sat and one set a seat on fire in the upper tier, then they set off a rather loud firecracker :p

That firecracker was brilliant!

For the record - I have never and will never take "pyros" to a game. Fireworks are for 5th November

Back
Top Bottom