Three points

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fair play to the gas sniffers they battled like fuck. Big bastards n all.

Great to see us giving it back, all be it from a foot lower.

Moore eel and oconnell were joint mom for me until young Harry came on and won the game

Winning is what matters and I'm always happy when we do. But that was so stressful at the end. Be nice to dominate and win a few games comfortably but to be fair I don't think we have the quality for that at the moment. Much better spirit and togetherness though.

It was a heart in the mouth moment when the ball it Moore on the back in the last minute and almost bounced in.

Big win that!

Teams around us all picked up points today and 4 points from 6 is psychologically much better that 1 in 6. Builds on that unbeaten run and the confidence from that and means everyone (players and fans) is more likely to buy into what Wilder is trying to do.

Another clean sheet at home too. Sounds like EEL is becoming a big player for us, hope we can do something to keep him.

Chapman getting a first goal is a positive as well!

Winning is what matters and I'm always happy when we do. But that was so stressful at the end. Be nice to dominate and win a few games comfortably but to be fair I don't think we have the quality for that at the moment. Much better spirit and togetherness though.

This ^^^^^

Hate defending 1-0 leads like that. So used to the inevitable kick in the nuts over the years BUT things do finally feel like they are changing.

Great win and a well deserved clean sheet for the defence and keeper.

Three points, but barely deserved. We were wholehearted but they deserved to score at least once. Moore got us through it with good handling, and EEL and O'Connell made a number of important clearances. Although EEL still hasn't convinced me. Our possession game took a lot of pressure off us as well, Coutts was very tidy.

Looks like we need Basham in a midfield four for it to work, in the meantime we need to go back to 3-5-2. I think it was particularly difficult for us today with that formation, their shape trumped ours, especially in the first half.

We're still lacking quality and pace. A lot of the midfield approach play is good but we still struggle to penetrate, and end up chucking in deep crosses for two small strikers.

As for the left back position.... third time lucky in January?

Three points, but barely deserved. We were wholehearted but they deserved to score at least once. Moore got us through it with good handling, and EEL and O'Connell made a number of important clearances. Although EEL still hasn't convinced me. Our possession game took a lot of pressure off us as well, Coutts was very tidy.

Looks like we need Basham in a midfield four for it to work, in the meantime we need to go back to 3-5-2. I think it was particularly difficult for us today with that formation, their shape trumped ours, especially in the first half.

We're still lacking quality and pace. A lot of the midfield approach play is good but we still struggle to penetrate, and end up chucking in deep crosses for two small strikers.

As for the left back position.... third time lucky in January?
I'm hoping Chapman can give us a bit of attacking impetus

I'm hoping Chapman can give us a bit of attacking impetus

He definitely offers something different, something like what we need, but I'm not convinced he's good enough at taking players on, or quick enough.

They were on a good run and came to BDTBL with nothing to lose - that sort of game is never easy as the pressure is on us. Take it, take the positives from it.....and move on.

You could definitely see why they haven't lost for a while.

It's season long I believe, no idea on call back terms, his contract with Wolves is up at the end of the year but they have an option to extend it - which I imagine they will (if only to get a fee for him at the end of it). EEL came up through the Wolves academy, so he's likely to listen to anything they offer at the end of his spell with us.

To be perfectly honest, whilst a huge improvement on what has gone before, I still think his positioning can be erratic and his defending at times can be a little bit desperate because of it. But he's young and I guess that's why he's in League 1 for now.

He definitely offers something different, something like what we need, but I'm not convinced he's good enough at taking players on, or quick enough.
He definitely stronger than I thought, twice he out muscled their players which was no mean feat

With him and lavery we have more strength and directness up front if not the pace we are crying out for

Lovin squeezing out the one-nils.

Happy about Scunny & Bury doing all the Fancy Danning at this stage, while we just build the spirit & the resilience.

Felt good.

[QUOTE="Ricky, post: 1118129, member:

As for the left back position.... third time lucky in January?[/QUOTE]
Funny how fans see martches differently. I thought Lafferty played very well to tonight and was pushing O'Connell and Moore for our best player

Back
Top Bottom