Thoughts on today.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade789

Reaction score
Fantastic game of football, I didn't think we played that well today if I'm being honest. One or two of them had an off game, Duffy Coutts Done and Freeman were all quite poor.

It's a good sign that we can go away to a rival for promotion, not play great and come away with a point Bradford had to be at the top of their game to get that point and I think we can do better

Although I didn't think we were good I thought Fleck and Sharp were outstanding.

UTB

Cheers for that, good to hear we've got the quality to pull through in the squad.

UTB!

I think playing three matches in a week was catching up. Glad we have just one match before the international break, but I think stamina should be a training focus in the meantime.

Three or four were a bit below par, Bradford shook things up with their team selection, played quite well and made it hard for us, yet we still came away with a point, scoring 3 away from home in the process. And make no mistake, we could have easily won that game at 3-3. Overall we have to be satisfied with today.

I thought that if Duffy had performed as well as Fleck we would've won today. He was wasteful at key moments. Coutts was also quiet, they didn't give him any space or time. Freeman also struggled a bit, and Done just can't resist fouling. Basham, Fleck and Sharp were excellent. I thought Nicky Law looked good for them.

One thing's for sure, both sets of players will be absolutely fucked after that. It was a real end to end, high intensity game. A tremendous advert for the division.

Championship quality game , nomads league quality changing rooms.IMAG4555.jpg

I enjoyed the game today even though I was surrounded by Bradford City fans and had to suppress my joy and disappointment at each goal!
I thought Billy's goals were class and their first 2 goals down to shite defending and a flapping keeper, even though Moore did pull off a couple of excellent saves.
Their 3rd goal was good and our 3rd a bit weird but relief that it went in.
I love Fleck, who's a nasty little bastard but what we need in midfield, but Done....no thanks!
Could have won it and should have tied it up when we had them on the ropes first half, but at least we didn't lose.
This is finally looking like a promotion winning team and one with a manager which will finally get us out of this bloody league!!! :)

Sounds like it was an amazing advert for League 1. Good point away at a promotion rival to keep the unbeaten run going. On to the next now...beat the MK plastics at home and we're right in among it.

It WAS a great advert for any league and the type of game ALL football fans want to watch warts n'all. Teams going for it and the pace of attacks highlighting defensive frailties.

Three or four were a bit below par, Bradford shook things up with their team selection, played quite well and made it hard for us, yet we still came away with a point, scoring 3 away from home in the process. And make no mistake, we could have easily won that game at 3-3. Overall we have to be satisfied with today.

I thought that if Duffy had performed as well as Fleck we would've won today. He was wasteful at key moments. Coutts was also quiet, they didn't give him any space or time. Freeman also struggled a bit, and Done just can't resist fouling. Basham, Fleck and Sharp were excellent. I thought Nicky Law looked good for them.

One thing's for sure, both sets of players will be absolutely fucked after that. It was a real end to end, high intensity game. A tremendous advert for the division.

Interesting you pick Basham out for praise. I know you were against the idea of having him in ahead of o Connell (as was I) so he must have done well today

Interesting you pick Basham out for praise. I know you were against the idea of having him in ahead of o Connell (as was I) so he must have done well today

I'm disappointed O'Connell didn't start, if he did I think we would've won. Bradford put out a big side today and their goals came from fairly simple balls into the box. If he's fit enough to be on the bench, I'd like to think he could've started.

I like Basham at right centre back but I'm not keen on moving EEL and Wright across into different, less favoured positions to accommodate him. It unsettles things a bit. I'm sure the decision to start him was more due to O'Connell not being 100% than simply sticking with the team that won on Tuesday. But he did well there, and he did well when he moved into midfield. Made some very good tackles, used the ball well and was everywhere. He's got exceptional fitness levels. Key player in a game like that. Third year in a row he's had a good one at Bradford.

In hindsight the right thing to do would've been to play O'Connell and start Basham in midfield in place of Coutts. It wasn't Coutts' sort of game - end to end, high intensity, frantic and they had the middle quite well crowded.

Pre match today was 1st time in long while v promotion rivals felt we could go win,
but utd has habit bringing you down to earth when your positive. But amazing game 3-3 people Struggle to find a better game in England today. Even though it was 3-3 credit to both sides as i think based on that utd & bradford will be our huge rivals come may. As Scunthorpe may stay but do wonder if they may drop off.

I cant give too much criticism to defence after watching the goals as really 2nd goal is bad rest is jusf well taken goals from Bradford

I couldn't get to the game, but as pure entertainment it sounds as if you couldn't have wished for more other than a win (of course). It seems there were several players not quite at their best but I'm optimistic that we now have some depth in our squad that others can step up and play their part. The return game at BDTBL can't come soon enough.

I'm sure Chris Wilder will form his own thoughts about the game and make his feelings known to the squad. All part of the learning curve we're going through, and the feeling remains that we're more than capable of becoming promotion contenders. If we'd known we'd be third in this division come October we'd have jumped at that, well done the Blades!

Fantastic game of football, I didn't think we played that well today if I'm being honest. One or two of them had an off game, Duffy Coutts Done and Freeman were all quite poor.

It's a good sign that we can go away to a rival for promotion, not play great and come away with a point Bradford had to be at the top of their game to get that point and I think we can do better

Although I didn't think we were good I thought Fleck and Sharp were outstanding.

UTB

I thought we were excellent. Bradford started very well and were so fast with their team play. We gradually got into the game and I can't remember a game when each and every one of our players put so much into the game and we needed to do exactly that to compete.

For League 1 this was an incredible game, the team play, the speed of the passing, the sheer physical effort. The atmosphere was intense and the home support was deafening on two and a half sides of the pitch in a very impressive stadium with steep stacks around 50% of the pitch and every fan giving it their all - we should try to emulate this at Bramall Lane.

Waiting to do my ratings and I'll give Fleck 10, Basham 9, Sharp 9, Ebanks 8, Wright 8.

The performance and the game far exceeded my expectations, I reckon the best performance since the Southampton victory. All credit to Bradford for staying with us, I thought they were excellent too. We chose to attack them right to the 94th minute. As one of their fans said, how refreshing to see an away side willing to take them on toe for toe. It's so much easier to play two defensive banks and waiting to get a break once the opposition lose their concentration a touch - in fact playing the game like Wednesday do away from home.

What a great day out.

Back
Top Bottom