This years Connor Sammon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
Adkins joined last year and had Sammon landed with him.

Who did Adkins have lined up that Wilder will be saddled with?

It's the reason why it's not a good idea to have a new manager every year.

I'd say there are many reasons but this is as good a start as you will get. Still don't believe Sammon was someone we had already signed. Easy to pin it on the guy who just got the boot but it appears to have been another one of Adkins failures in my book at least.

I'd say there are many reasons but this is as good a start as you will get. Still don't believe Sammon was someone we had already signed. Easy to pin it on the guy who just got the boot but it appears to have been another one of Adkins failures in my book at least.

Ex Derby player with links to Scotland? Yeah, no way I believe Clough signed him! ;)

Ex Derby player with links to Scotland? Yeah, no way I believe Clough signed him! ;)

Makes our board look even more stupid for firing him then.

"Tell you what Nige you go spend a load on wages for a player and we'll stump up. Oh by the way clear your desk"

I suspect it was something like NC identified Sammon to the board, Brannigan began negotiations, NC was sacked, Brannigan agreed a deal and he was presented to Adkins as someone who he could have. He might well have had the power of veto but let's face it, none of us envisaged Sammon's time here turning as sour as it did. In fact, he was a cult hero for about 3 weeks.

I suspect it was something like NC identified Sammon to the board, Brannigan began negotiations, NC was sacked, Brannigan agreed a deal and he was presented to Adkins as someone who he could have. He might well have had the power of veto but let's face it, none of us envisaged Sammon's time here turning as sour as it did. In fact, he was a cult hero for about 3 weeks.

Probably more accurate than anything else I have read.

Makes our board look even more stupid for firing him then.

"Tell you what Nige you go spend a load on wages for a player and we'll stump up. Oh by the way clear your desk"
Dean Hammond?

They really are that stupid.

UTB

images

James Wallace :eek:

Reading the Hearts fans comments on twitter last night after his debut in the UEFA Cup, this years Connor Sammon is most definitely going to be Connor Sammon :D

Reading the Hearts fans comments on twitter last night after his debut in the UEFA Cup, this years Connor Sammon is most definitely going to be Connor Sammon :D

Rating 1 out of 10

Truly awful

Worst debut ever seen

Why do clubs sign players like Sammon and how can they be so shit .

It gets worst further up the tree , that Danny Graham and the bloke S6 have just signed.

UTB

Still a fish out of water but with a 3 year contract . Do clubs get duped because they are desperate or someone who has played in the championship or premiersghip increases your worth as a player.

Premiership clubs waste money on mediocre foreign players , but clubs who should know better still fall for the three card truck .

There's got to be a drink in it for certain managers for them to sign certain players

UTB

let's face it, none of us envisaged Sammon's time here turning as sour as it did. In fact, he was a cult hero for about 3 weeks.
brother in law's a Miller and asked what he thought of Sammon, who they'd had on loan. "Crap" was all he'd say. When I mentioned it again during that 3 week period he just said "still crap, or maybe he's found his level". Sadly as we all know he hadn't found his level.

brother in law's a Miller and asked what he thought of Sammon, who they'd had on loan. "Crap" was all he'd say. When I mentioned it again during that 3 week period he just said "still crap, or maybe he's found his level". Sadly as we all know he hadn't found his level.

No but its marvellous he will be paid good money on a nice contract for being crap.

Higdon , Hammond , Sammon, throw in a couple more , and you have half a team of below average well paid players. Are some managers on commission , makes you wonder .

UTB

Back
Top Bottom