This won't be univerersally popular!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Idontlikewednesdays

Reaction score
Like everyone I am desperate for us to keep our run going tomorrow.
Are we finally for real, hopefully those of you that saw either of the last 2 games are starting to believe.
Anyway a lifetime of let downs means I'm still worried. So I thought how much money would I give away to ensure no defeat ?
£30 certainly
More if I was richer

So here's the bad bit
£30 on Bradford
Returns £82

Believe me I want to lose my bet more than anything
But if it is a false dawn again at least I can drown my sorrows.

GOD I HOPE I LOSE
I have loved reading all these upbeat posts

Are we finally for real, hopefully those of you that saw either of the last 2 games are starting to believe.
Anyway a lifetime of let downs means I'm still worried. So I thought how much money would I give away to ensure no defeat ?
£30 certainly
More if I was richer

So here's the bad bit
£30 on Bradford
Returns £82

GOD I HOPE I LOSE
You're wrong
I couldn't give a shit
Hope that makes you feel better about being a plastic glory hunter

You're wrong
I couldn't give a shit
Hope that makes you feel better about being a plastic glory hunter
You twat
Don't call me a plastic glory hunter
A glory hunter for supporting United!!!

For fucks sake I've lived in Hertfordshire for 45 years and will support United proudly till I die.

Read the thread you child.

Iv'e had a bet on Bradford - to yield to the EEL.

Blades all the way.

I agree, glory hunting scum.

I loved this club before all these Londoners, Indonesians and Japanese peasants started calling themselves 'Blades' turned up.

i ve often thought about this betting against your own team thing.. it's a win win
if we win result if we lose result
i ve never actually done it though doesn't feel right

I bet that we'd get relegated from the Prem and made quite a few hundred quid. It didnt soften the blow one bit.

UTB

I'd go so far as to suggest that betting against your own team shows a lukewarm affection rather than the expected dedication of most supporters.

What on earth drove you to such depths? If you're that driven by filthy lucre why don't you get a job where conscience plays no part? ;)

I'd go so far as to suggest that betting against your own team shows a lukewarm affection rather than the expected dedication of most supporters.

What on earth drove you to such depths? If you're that driven by filthy lucre why don't you get a job where conscience plays no part? ;)
I'd go further and suggest you are well wide of the mark
• One off bet. I always do four favourites on an accumulator, and always lose. I hope my bad luck continues
• First game was in January 1969 or maybe 68. Dad took me, family supports Wendy it was at Hillsboro I decided on that day that red was better than blue. I remember there were loads there and we drew 1-1
• Two years later I asked to be left behind in Winchester Avenue when we relocated down south. I wasn't allowed I was 7 !
• I like many others have watched many lows and some great highs
• I've seen defeats at Wembley to Wendy, Huddersfield,Burnley and Hull and Palace in wales
• I drove home from Leicester half cut with Luton fans also driving erratically when we went up and Wendy went down
• I have grave then fond memories of when we lost at home to Fulham and Walsall to be relegated to the 4th division only to find it quite fun taking over towns like Halifax and York and winning comfortably. Although I remember going to Colchester and losing 5-1
• So like the title of my thread says not universally popular maybe, but my love and loyalty for the Blades can never be questioned .

I'd go further and suggest you are well wide of the mark
• One off bet. I always do four favourites on an accumulator, and always lose. I hope my bad luck continues
• First game was in January 1969 or maybe 68. Dad took me, family supports Wendy it was at Hillsboro I decided on that day that red was better than blue. I remember there were loads there and we drew 1-1
• Two years later I asked to be left behind in Winchester Avenue when we relocated down south. I wasn't allowed I was 7 !
• I like many others have watched many lows and some great highs
• I've seen defeats at Wembley to Wendy, Huddersfield,Burnley and Hull and Palace in wales
• I drove home from Leicester half cut with Luton fans also driving erratically when we went up and Wendy went down
• I have grave then fond memories of when we lost at home to Fulham and Walsall to be relegated to the 4th division only to find it quite fun taking over towns like Halifax and York and winning comfortably. Although I remember going to Colchester and losing 5-1
• So like the title of my thread says not universally popular maybe, but my love and loyalty for the Blades can never be questioned .

There are few absolutes, and suggesting that your opinion can never be questioned is close to the top of that pile.

I ventured all over the country when we were in the old fourth division, and strangely wonderful it was too, old stadiums, shitty conditions, yet watching a successful team made it all worthwhile. I've spent season after season hoping upon hope that something would happen at SUFC to take us out of the mediocrity that seems to have taken a stranglehold on the Blades. I've been a dedicated Blade ever since Jones and Birchenhall lead the line.......does any of this imply that my opinion can never be questioned?

Get real mate, otherwise you'll think you're above criticism.........by all means bet against your team, but why be surprised if others are dismayed at such a gesture?

You twat
Don't call me a plastic glory hunter
A glory hunter for supporting United!!!

For fucks sake I've lived in Hertfordshire for 45 years and will support United proudly till I die.

Read the thread you child.
was just a joke lad
Calm yer sen

Well at least you chose the right thread title. All the more reason why it's strange you should then get upset when you get a bit of abuse, even when it's tongue-in-cheek.

Why is it that anyone who gets a bit of abuse they don't like then resort to the "I've been a blade longer than you" position?

37 years by the way - do I win a prize?

£30 certainly
More if I was richer

So here's the bad bit
£30 on Bradford
Returns £82

GOD I HOPE I LOSE
Well done mate, you did!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom