This summer...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
Will we get our 'business' done early or are we still going to be fucking about as usual on deadline day trying to get deals over the line?

This summer , starting next month , youngest is going to America, followed by our lass going to the states for 3 weeks in July , then going to the canarys in September, for a week .
Will let the cards fall where they may for the club , we all love ,
But expect a lot of outs , with a few selected ones seen by our " scouts " on the way in , ohh we will finish as champions with a record points haul , and a plus 50 goal difference , remember you saw it here first , but then I said that every season for the last 5 seasons and look what's happened , bugger all .
UTB

This summer anyone worth a bean will be hand delivered to any club 1st class with nobody coming in as there's nobody out there better than what we have.
Think of Liverpool type investment.

Will we get our 'business' done early or are we still going to be fucking about as usual on deadline day trying to get deals over the line?

What do you think?

Contracts starts on 1st July. I believe we have "already" signed players but would expect them to be confirmed from 1st July
Its a chance for any footballer, outside the premier, and not getting regular games in the championship, not forgetting this league and lower, too become mini legends, just by having a bit of nouse, a little skill, and 110% effort. Just like Billy's has.

Adkins will probably hold off from signing anyone as he's after Dan Burn, before turning his attention to Baptise. When the penny eventually drops with him that we cant afford these players and that they would prefer to stay at Championship level, he will make do with what we've got and another season will be over. He will then somehow manage to put some positive spin on the situation.

Maybe we'll know about Boro's intentions with their squad retainment as early as next week, should they achieve automatic?
Us failing to achieve Play-Offs, in the bigger picture might just be a good thing if it means Adkins can get on with the outgoings/incomings rather than waiting until June?

Wonder what budget he'll have to work with.

Contracts starts on 1st July. I believe we have "already" signed players but would expect them to be confirmed from 1st July

How do you know this?

No offence but the season has not even finished and this is United we are talking about who are not known for forward planning. As someone else said you would think McCabe would have an idea being chairman (he does not have to say who but could say deals have been done or being closed).

We will see on July 1st I suppose.

How do you know this?

No offence but the season has not even finished and this is United we are talking about who are not known for forward planning. As someone else said you would think McCabe would have an idea being chairman (he does not have to say who but could say deals have been done or being closed).

he doesn't but it is a fair method to speculate on seeing as every other pro outfit probably does it that way

No idea, i'll be paying little attention again, about had my fill of football for a few months. This season has been the most painful for years and i'm planning to enjoy the summer!

How do you know this?

From someone who I know for over 10 years. He doesnt go to the Lane often but he knows the players (there are some players from the last 10 years that he doesnt like but says some are great people). Told me about Maguire going, told me about Murphy going long before they left us. Told me about McNulty, Freeman, JCR and Scougall etc etc. He doesnt know about what is happening at the boardroom level or if the manager is leaving (he has no idea if Adkins is going- he has read Sunjihi's post and doesnt know if it is correct).

When he told me last month about the x number of players joining us. I asked him if it depended on which division we are in, he shrugged. I asked "Were the players recommended by Adkins/Turnbull", he shrugged again. I spoke to a different person who has worked at SUFC and SWFC Academies about pre-contracts. He said nowadays more and more clubs are signing players on pre-contracts and they start the planning from January

he doesn't but it is a fair method to speculate on seeing as every other pro outfit probably does it that way
I dont know who the players are and my contact doesnt just that we know the number who have agreed to join us (there might be more since he told me). Whether they are good signings we dont know

Interesting info Silent Blade. We can only hope the reason McCabe didn't say anything is because he has no idea. It would hardly be surprising, would it?
I dont know if McCabe knows but why shouldnt he?. Adkins did say some weeks ago that preparations for this summer's recruitment are in place so I would assume McCabe knows?

Some of them could be year long loans?

Are we not allowed to know the specific number? :)
The number might have increased since I was told. I have told the number to some of my friends and they were surprised at the number too. Dont think it is a good idea to say the number in this forum

What's more than a handful? ;)

So this 'contact' does not go to games, does not know whats happening at board level or if Adkins is staying but knows we have definitely signed a load of players but does not know who recommended/sought such players?

:eek:

Sounds about right for SUFC!

Joking apart can only assume it is an agent type. Such agreements are only verbal at this stage anyway aren't they and any contracts cannot be officially signed till July 1st. If Adkins is sacked then such deals are effectively dead in the water as surely he or Turnbull (who would also leave you would think if Adkins goes) would have to sign off on these.

A friend of mine told me yesterday that he was in the Executive Boxes at Coventry on Saturday. He spoke to Tony Mowbray, Joe Cole and Steve Ogrozivic after the match. He was told that not one of the Coventry players are on £5K a week or more while we have 12 on more that £5K a week which is why we need a clearout. If our players who are out of contract this summer they will have to agree on a pay cut if Adkins (or technical board whatever!) want to keep them

Back
Top Bottom