This is an excellent read...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great read and I feel his pain. Still not a patch on what us Blades have gone through though...

edit, sorry JJ, more or less said the same thing :)

So many comparisons with us...

From a Forest fan..

https://thelovingfeeling.com/2016/10/26/one-thousand-cuts/

I've always had a soft spot for Forest and consider us & them to be pretty similar in size and stature. They've figured in some of our pivotal matches in recent years - we beat them to end both Micky Adams' and Dave Bassetts' lengthy runs of no-wins. And of course, that memorable 2003 play-off semi. Oh, and Forest was my first away game.

Despite Forest having wealthy owners, as usual they're clueless about football. They've also suffered from hiring a run of useless managers - not being able to usefully employ the £5-8m Britt Assombalonga being just one example. Like us, Forest fans remain loyal, despite being shat on over the years.

animated-jack-o-lantern-flashing.gif

I've always had a soft spot for Forest and consider us & them to be pretty similar in size and stature. They've figured in some of our pivotal matches in recent years - we beat them to end both Micky Adams' and Dave Bassetts' lengthy runs of no-wins. And of course, that memorable 2003 play-off semi. Oh, and Forest was my first away game.

Despite Forest having wealthy owners, as usual they're clueless about football. They've also suffered from hiring a run of useless managers - not being able to usefully employ the £5-8m Britt Assombalonga being just one example. Like us, Forest fans remain loyal, despite being shat on over the years.

View attachment 20441
I used to like Forest, until I realised how much the detest us and suck up to the pigs.

An excellent read indeed. Incredibly well written.
Seems like they are in a right old state and I wouldn't rule out relegation.
County supporters will be pissing themselves like.

Hate Pigs. Hate Leeds. Hate Pigs. Hate Liverpool. Hate Pigs. Hate Man U. Hate Pigs. Hate Leeds. Hate Pigs. Hate ex wife. Hate Pigs. Hate sprouts. Hate Pigs. Hate boiled cabbage. Hate Pigs.Hate reality tv. Hate Pigs. Hate Soap Operas. Hate Pigs. Hate ex wife. Hate cyclists. Hate Pigs. Hate Sunday drivers. Hate Pigs.Hate chavs. Hate Pigs. Hate ex wife.

Think that covers it.

I have worked with Forest fans, and found them to be alright. As a whole group of supporters though, they're pricks. Arrogant beyond belief in my opinion, with an inflated sense of entitlement that stems from having Lord Brian of Clough as manager for 18 years and all that he brought to the table.

Startling similarities but I'd guess it applies to lots of clubs these days. There's so many clubs being shafted by rich pricks with massive egos and the sycophant wanker parasites who flock round them.
Yeah we've been in L1 for an eternity but I wouldn't swap with Cov, Charlton, Leeds, Blackburn and others.

Hate Pigs. Hate Leeds. Hate Pigs. Hate Liverpool. Hate Pigs. Hate Man U. Hate Pigs. Hate Leeds. Hate Pigs. Hate ex wife. Hate Pigs. Hate sprouts. Hate Pigs. Hate boiled cabbage. Hate Pigs.Hate reality tv. Hate Pigs. Hate Soap Operas. Hate Pigs. Hate ex wife. Hate cyclists. Hate Pigs. Hate Sunday drivers. Hate Pigs.Hate chavs. Hate Pigs. Hate ex wife.

Think that covers it.

Nearly Sean, but where do you stand on them lot from S6?

Nearly Sean, but where do you stand on them lot from S6?

I genuinely want them relegated to non league. Put into admin and fold. Then I could be happy and just hate the memory that they once existed. Hate The Pigs. Hate ex wife. Hate The Pigs.

That popped up on my Facebook page a few hours ago, instantly thought the same how similar to us but then thought hang on a minute they are still a league above us and we are only 10 games down the line from feeling like that (and being a league below)!
Careful 8lade your feelings of sorrow for other people are getting a little bit pre-emptive...

At least their delusion is based on winning the league and the European Cup (twice) rather than the reserve team cup, once, in most people's lifetime.

Nothing wrong in disliking Florist but anyone disrespecting their achievements is clueless about football. What they did under Clough is like Leicester winning the league. Check. Then winning the Champions League this season. And next season.

At least their delusion is based on winning the league and the European Cup (twice) rather than the reserve team cup, once, in most people's lifetime.
Though I'd accept Wendy are many times more delusuonal than Forest fans, they're both totally offscale.

You do get the impression that reality is biting with Forest, whereas when Wendy were drawing sub 15,000 gates in the Championship, the question was why so few of the million strong fanbase were turning up.

UTB

Nothing wrong in disliking Florist but anyone disrespecting their achievements is clueless about football. What they did under Clough is like Leicester winning the league. Check. Then winning the Champions League this season. And next season.
...and if Leicester were to emulate Forest by winning the Champions League twice in the next two seasons it would eclipse even what Forest achieved.

I quite dislike Forest in a positive way. It's always a match I look forward to. It's one of the meetings that I miss being down in our division. No amount of "Yorkshire derby" crap ever gets me as built up for the likes of Doncaster, Bradford, or Rotherham in the way I can for Forest.

They're on a par with Ipswich. I hate you, I miss playing you.

I quite dislike Forest in a positive way. It's always a match I look forward to. It's one of the meetings that I miss being down in our division. No amount of "Yorkshire derby" crap ever gets me as built up for the likes of Doncaster, Bradford, or Rotherham in the way I can for Forest.

I was just thinking the same.

I miss Des walker og ,Oh my god oh my god.

That article could act as a metaphor for a range of clubs who were once big but are now just dwindling slowly away...

There's a lesson in there - as there is with the likes of Leeds, Coventry, Blackburn.

Guess it acts as a timely reminder that despite his numerous intergalactic fuck ups, McCabe isn't by far the worst owner.

Strange how we as fans take a like/dislike to certain clubs for sometimes no apparent reason - except for the Pork obviously

Well I hate Forest because they have Piggyitus - deluded fuckwits with zillions of fans

Strange how we as fans take a like/dislike to certain clubs for sometimes no apparent reason - except for the Pork obviously

Well I hate Forest because they have Piggyitus - deluded fuckwits with zillions of fans

Twice European Cup Winners = Deluded? Really?

They don't really have that many fans to be honest.

Derby County put them in the shade as far as crowds are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom