This forum is bipolar

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If it's in your DNA you can do little about it. Doom and gloom is a lot easier than actually showing confidence in the board and the manager.

Just reflect on Deadbats thread " we are going nowhere-who's at fault" started less than a month ago and see the numbers of posters queuing up to "like" the slaughter of board, manager and players with many adding their own twopenneth. All that after just 10 games into the season and a change of half the squad in the summer.

Intelligent, articulate blokes but severely rattled because their hopes for the club appeared to be fading rapidly. True supporters expressing fears of Armaggedon despite a relatively new and promising manager and new owners. Why? Because it has happened so many times before.

In our DNA? Yes, because our parents taught us to be pessimistic Blades, it's the United way.

Football generally is like that. Only two teams get automatic promotion out of 24. It's tough for everybody unless you choose to support some faraway glamour club. Thing is these moaners go to every match, week in week out. Their parents passed on their addiction to the club, and then fed them on a "doom and gloom"United diet from birth. The club have never done much to change anything, it's a selling club and always has been.

Theres just a chance the Prince and his manager can change the history of the club. It will be a slow burner but how those loyal fans deserve some sustained success. In many ways the first stage out of this division is one of the hardest, but once the momentum starts anything is possible. Look at Swansea and Southampton.

When we are travelling Europe with Nigel will we still be bipolar though? Of course we will!

I think I much prefer the doom, pain, anguish, venting of steam and vilification of the players to all the joyous and optimistic postings of the last few days.
Sort it out Cloughy.

It won't last.

We are 6 th in a shit league
long way to go before everyones happy
if you prefer to read about matters sufc without criticism or reactionary comments then stay on the official site

If it's in your DNA you can do little about it. Doom and gloom is a lot easier than actually showing confidence in the board and the manager.

Just reflect on Deadbats thread " we are going nowhere-who's at fault" started less than a month ago and see the numbers of posters queuing up to "like" the slaughter of board, manager and players with many adding their own twopenneth. All that after just 10 games into the season and a change of half the squad in the summer.

Intelligent, articulate blokes but severely rattled because their hopes for the club appeared to be fading rapidly. True supporters expressing fears of Armaggedon despite a relatively new and promising manager and new owners. Why? Because it has happened so many times before.

In our DNA? Yes, because our parents taught us to be pessimistic Blades, it's the United way.

Football generally is like that. Only two teams get automatic promotion out of 24. It's tough for everybody unless you choose to support some faraway glamour club. Thing is these moaners go to every match, week in week out. Their parents passed on their addiction to the club, and then fed them on a "doom and gloom"United diet from birth. The club have never done much to change anything, it's a selling club and always has been.

Theres just a chance the Prince and his manager can change the history of the club. It will be a slow burner but how those loyal fans deserve some sustained success. In many ways the first stage out of this division is one of the hardest, but once the momentum starts anything is possible. Look at Swansea and Southampton.

When we are travelling Europe with Nigel will we still be bipolar though? Of course we will!

Jolly good post Woodwardfan.

The answer to this is that there is no answer . Welcome to planet football of The Blades. Like all religions / followings , we have universal suffering . It is safer that way and we become collectively stronger , when going to the mecca of BDBL to show our faith. Being a optimist , pessimist , realist is a predictor of well being as different events in a match , team selection , substitutions and ultimate result , affect me . Shit i must be a bipolar blade.

Mr Clough is my shrink ,councillor and in him i trust

UTB

Anybody need proof?

There were 42 "likes" for Deadbats annihilation of owners, manager and players in " We are going nowhere - who's at fault?" OP 4th October 2014.

Only 10 games into the season.

Is 42 a record?

33000 Blades raised the roof at Wembley just a few months before. It's a tough life being a bipolar Blade.

But the board have done nowt short 9 Fuck all. Clap along if you like but it is happening in spite of the board not because of it. Clough is doing wonders on a shoe string and credit to him but please don't go singing the praises of people who don't deserve it.

But the board have done nowt short 9 Fuck all. Clap along if you like but it is happening in spite of the board not because of it. Clough is doing wonders on a shoe string and credit to him but please don't go singing the praises of people who don't deserve it.

Just provide us with a few actual numbers to back up your statements Bladesway, then you'll be credible perhaps.

I personally am all ears as a shareholder and fan.

Just a reminder though, this thread is about us fans and there is little clapping going on in truth.

Last edited:
This forum is neither polar nor bi-polar unless our glorious leaders mr + mrs foxy have coded in a particularly unusual AI which is doubtful, so I'm afraid the polarity or lack thereof is entirely down the the mentality of the uses therein.
Much in evidence are a vast cornucopia of mental states and I'd think reading some posts mental disorders :)
The prior ranging from the bleakest depressionist (the blades are going into receivership and will be wound up by Monday ) thru the mid range of the swinging mentality of the fluctuations of depressive to optimistic, and to the other end of the mental spectrum the eternal optimist (I'm sure ronaldo, messi et al will be signing Monday and we should be in the campions league by tea time on Thursday ).
This fantastic mix plus the mental disorders I alluded to earlier are what makes this club so fucking great, not to mention the players, staff and board with their individual and collective disorders.
Love us or hate us you can not ignore us, we are BLADES the worlds most enigmatic club.
UTB

Just provide us with a few actual numbers to back up your statements Bladesway, then you'll be credible perhaps.

I personally am all ears as a shareholder and fan.

Just a reminder though, this thread is about us fans and there is little clapping going on in truth.

Well the bad news is we are in League One and were in excess of 60m in the red purely because of McCabe and his mismanagement. We had a team that was in the Premiership with players like Hulse, Kenny and Jags. Then we were in the Championship with players such as Quinn Beattie and Killgallon. Then we were in league one with players such as Evans. Now we are in league one with players such as Porter and Higdon. If you tell me that the board haven't contributed by stripping the saleable assets from the club then you are blind to the facts.

The good news is McCabe has let someone else in yet we still sold our most saleable asset and haven't replaced him. We are less in debt but seeing as we shouldn't be here in the first place who do you want to praise? McCabe? Prince? Phipps?

As it stands I am positive we are moving forward but that's because we have finally appointed a manager who can take us forward.

Well the bad news is we are in League One and were in excess of 60m in the red purely because of McCabe and his mismanagement. We had a team that was in the Premiership with players like Hulse, Kenny and Jags. Then we were in the Championship with players such as Quinn Beattie and Killgallon. Then we were in league one with players such as Evans. Now we are in league one with players such as Porter and Higdon. If you tell me that the board haven't contributed by stripping the saleable assets from the club then you are blind to the facts.

The good news is McCabe has let someone else in yet we still sold our most saleable asset and haven't replaced him. We are less in debt but seeing as we shouldn't be here in the first place who do you want to praise? McCabe? Prince? Phipps?

As it stands I am positive we are moving forward but that's because we have finally appointed a manager who can take us forward.
Well you're a bundle of fun and joy today aren't you ;)

As it stands I am positive we are moving forward but that's because we have finally appointed a manager who can take us forward.[/QUOT

But the board have done nowt short 9 Fuck all. Clap along if you like but it is happening in spite of the board not because of it. Clough is doing wonders on a shoe string and credit to him but please don't go singing the praises of people who don't deserve.

Let others judge the value of your tirades. I find them out of context on this thread about fans' mentalities. Nobody was clapping anyway. We've got a new board and the manager is happy with his budget, but that is not in context with the thread that you joined with aggressive and wild statements.

Last edited:
Who appointed Nigel Clough???

The same bloke who appointed Robson, Blackwell and Adams. The same bloke who sacked Blackwell 3 games into a season. The same bloke who sacked Wilson having sold his best player in Blackman from under his feet. The same bloke who gerimandered Blackwells promotion push by selling pretty much his entire team mid season when he lost his bottle. The same bloke who appointed Morgan having sacked Wilson at a ridiculous point in time without having a sucessor lined up.

His sins far outweigh his achievements at this point in time.

Sorry Bladesway, I did try to reply above but my reply got tangled with the quotes of yours. Maybe you'll dig it out and see where I'm coming from. In any case you've hijacked a very good thread about fans' mentalities by going off at a tangent . Your privilege.

The same bloke who appointed Robson, Blackwell and Adams. The same bloke who sacked Blackwell 3 games into a season. The same bloke who sacked Wilson having sold his best player in Blackman from under his feet. The same bloke who gerimandered Blackwells promotion push by selling pretty much his entire team mid season when he lost his bottle. The same bloke who appointed Morgan having sacked Wilson at a ridiculous point in time without having a sucessor lined up.

His sins far outweigh his achievements at this point in time.
Not saying they don't but then to say the board have done fuck all is being a little selective. Yes at last they have got one right but hey go ahead and keep slagging them.

Not saying they don't but then to say the board have done fuck all is being a little selective. Yes at last they have got one right but hey go ahead and keep slagging them.

Well once I see the manager being fully supported in the players we get in, then I will know it isn't just the same old Sheffield United. Selling everything and buying bits and bobs.

We are on a good run now and no ones happier than me but its a bit divisive to come on here and try and paint anyone who wasnt happy before this mini run as miserable .no wonder the likes of len used to like winding people up so much

The fact of the matter is we are 6th without really playing well and with a bit of luck with Injuries we may sneak into top two , I personally cant see it we dont really do luck down at bdtbl

What I can see however is a division that is there for the taking but rather than build a side that could take the division by storm but instead we have left it to chance
Now excuse me for not being overly optimistic but in my experience of supporting the blades from div 4 onwards whenever chance is involved it seems to go ridiculously against us

The one common denominator in all that time (even the success) has been stingy boards and I had hoped this lot might be different but with the sale of our prize asset (after being told financially we didn't need to ) and little spent on recruitment it appears not

If I come across as miserable maybe its because decades of optimistically supporting a team that kicks the shit out of you has made me sceptical and cynical and certainly where luck is involved not expectant

Well once I see the manager being fully supported in the players we get in, then I will know it isn't just the same old Sheffield United. Selling everything and buying bits and bobs.
Once I see a manager fully supported by the board AND THE SUPPORTERS, then you may start to relax.

Back
Top Bottom