This defender we're after

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
Who do we reckon it is?

I think we all recognise that as much as Brayford might want out at Cardiff, that's currently a non-starter.

The two names that do jump out at me are Kieron Freeman and Greg Halford.

Halford particularity strikes me as a Clough type player - has a wide ranging list of attributes suited to a number of positions. Its rumoured that Bolton and ourselves made enquiries a few weeks ago and Forest have confirmed he is available.

I think it would be a top signing myself and would fit straight into the team.

Even though Butler is only on a months contract at Walsall, he may go back for longer.

Seems madness that we have no effective cover at Centre half, so surely any one coming in would be more than likely ready to go straight into the team for either Collins or Mcgahey.

The way the team is shaping up, centre half is our big weak spot - aka: Swindon away.

To get into the top two, we can't lose games away from home after scoring two ourselves.

UTB

Freeman would be highly unlikely in my opinion.

Halford, yeah cracking player, but is he the centre half that were looking for?

Brayford could be more likely to fit the bill, but as you say, unlikely.

Pearce at Leeds might look at us and fancy the challenge of promotion contender instead of relegation fodder

Id have Halford at right back over Alock, harsh yeah but like previously stated in other posts we shouldnt pass up the opportunity to improve - and in my opionion Halford would be an improvement.

Poster on Mad says it is Anthony Gerrard from Huddersfield.

I heard on Saturday from a friend who knows someone within the club, (credible) that we are looking at someone from Palace....Zeki Fryers maybe?

Sheer madness, we have a centre half out on loan at Walsall yet we are looking at bringing someone else in.
Unless its Brayford that is

Sheer madness, we have a centre half out on loan at Walsall yet we are looking at bringing someone else in.
Unless its Brayford that is

Sometimes moves don't work out for one reason or another. If both player and club weren't happy with how it was going then it's the best option for both parties.

Unless this defender has PACE he can Fuck right off.

Pace and teh speedz is all you need.

Halford will be too expensive unless he's already taken a massive pay cut

Two names i've seen mentioned are one for the right back slot... Neal Eardley & as mentioned Anthony Gerrard. Both would be good additions

Who if he's any good would want to come here just to sit on the bench ?
Butler wouldn't,
That is going to put most players off unless their guaranteed a place,and that's going to cheese off the dressing room, then if he plays worse than the one he replacing and keeps getting picked it's going to cheese off the crowd..

Last edited:
The name I'm hearing is Matt Lowton. At first I didn't believe it but all over the internet there is rumours that Villa want him to re-ignite his career and what better place to start than where it all began in the first place..

Matt Lowton?

We need someone who CAN defend
Not someone who can't.

Great going forward - those who went to Villa last January saw how average he still was in defence.

Personally I would pass on that one - Centre half PLEASE.

UTB

Hope it's Gerrard. I really am a fan of him, and think he looks a standout in Town's defence. Apparently was a little disruptive in the dressing room under Bobbins, and so Powell is getting rid initially, and taking it from there.

Almost a Morgan type defender (if I'm allowed to compare anyone to the Great One).

Back
Top Bottom