Think we may have seen the League One Champs Today.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harry's Game

Reaction score
..Bristol City, Pace and power upfront, solid looking defense, tough tacking midfield, and experienced in knowing how to play the officials and win free kicks.

They are not in the same class as Wolves and Brentford but this is a poorer division this season.

As for us we need to toughen up in the spine of the side, Bring Collins in, move Alcock to full back and Bring Doyle back in for Basham.

It always looked a difficult first few games but we need to get a result at Coventry/Northampton now as Peterboro away the following Game looks a bit beyond us at the moment.

Last edited:

Whilst I think they'll be up there, they really didn't do much today to make me worry about them.

Yes, they beat us, but I wouldn't say they were particularly impressive.

Whilst I totally agree with that, you know as well as I do that you don't get points for artistic impression. They got three points against the title favourites (lol) away from home. They were brutal to watch at times, a bit hoofy, very cynical... but that's how you get out of the division.

I don't think they were that good, at all. They did, however exploit some critical weaknesses in our defence. The rest of the time they were moderately compact where they needed to be, but in midfield they gave the ball away time and time again. The first goal was an excellent header following some shit defending out wide with Harris guilty of not forcing him out wide. The header was unchallenged and from about 11 yards. Their second was just poor positional and marking technique leaving Elliot to just do the finishing, itself assisted by Howard not moving off his line quick enough to prevent the ball flashing across him and into the far corner. Apart from another shot from Elliot that Howard saved well and some scuffed efforts from Freeman (who to me is still a quality player) they were not even in the bracket that tells me they will be even top six come May 15. Standout player for them was Flint, who is everything Collins aught to be.

pommpey

I do think Bristol city are contenders along with us and a few more but they hardly played us off the park did they

I thought if the Blades could have finished their chances in the first half it could have been over in the first half.The momentum changed after the flying elbow to the head with the big delay.
At one point the Blades had 10 attempts to 4 at goal.
Bristol did defend well though which we couldn't match.

They were beatable and their back 4 was just as shakey as ours at times.

Another team that will be up and around top but it depends if they keep Baldock.

Thought they were fucking atrocious and but for some hourendous decision making in the final third would have been about four down by half time

Luckily for them though they were gifted a couple of goals ,easiest 3 points cotrerill will get in his career

Whilst I think Bristol will be in the top 2 or 3 they weren't that great today, but however they were better than us especially in the second half.

My feeling on us remains as it has done all summer, Play Off contenders.

While I think they will be up there I thought they we're no Great shakes , and if we had carried on the second half , like we we
Finished the first half they would have been beaten .
Going forward they we're good , not spectacular would have preferred Collins to the youngster to make us a bit more solid at the back
They we're just as bad as us in defence in the first half , when we , on occasions cut through them ,
Thought several players we not at the races today , so from that aspect was disappointed in Flynn and Scoogs , and the two fullbacks who could'nt cross the road never mind the ball ,
Thought a draw would have been a fair result , after having 2 knocked off the line in the second , work to be done , for sure
but Mr Clough would have made his feelings known I'm sure to the players ,
1down , 45 to go well at least we can't be unbeaten for the season now ,
How did the title favourites Orient do today ?

Thought they were fucking atrocious and but for some hourendous decision making in the final third would have been about four down by half time

Luckily for them though they were gifted a couple of goals ,easiest 3 points cotrerill will get in his career
Agree Judgy , that lad at the back kept em in it in the first half Flint ? I think is his name .

I didn't think they were even that good, They played some nice little passes, and scored two good goals, But really even though we were very poor, we should of won, we created chances by their poor defending, they look shaky every time we looked dangerous, I can't see them getting promotion, but I can't see us doing so either.

Last edited:
Whilst I think they'll be up there, they really didn't do much today to make me worry about them.

They weren't you are right but I don't think you need to be impressive to go up this year just organised with some good players and an old head in midfield and they do have that. I said a week or so ago that we needed a player like Elliott in the middle, someone like that next to reed would be exactly what we need.

Not sure what people expect division 3 champions to look like.

They aren't Bayern Madrid, they won away at supposedly one of the better teams in a piss poor division.
Meanwhile 3rd and 4th favourites Preston only drew at home to Notts Crapty and Orient lost at home to Chesterford.

They had a guy on the bench who got 20 odd goals for them last season, can't be many teams at this level have that luxury.

..Bristol City, Pace and power upfront, solid looking defense, tough tacking midfield, and experienced in knowing how to play the officials and win free kicks.

They are not in the same class as Wolves and Brentford but this is a poorer division this season.

As for us we need to toughen up in the spine of the side, Bring Collins in, move Alcock to full back and Bring Doyle back in for Basham.

It always looked a difficult first few games but we need to get a result at Coventry/Northampton now as Peterboro away the following Game looks a bit beyond us at the moment.
City are strongarm cloggers , no more than that, if they get promoted I will be amazed. I think they look shit overall.

Whilst I totally agree with that, you know as well as I do that you don't get points for artistic impression. They got three points against the title favourites (lol) away from home. They were brutal to watch at times, a bit hoofy, very cynical... but that's how you get out of the division.
The best bit of your post is where you say lol after saying title faves...spot on there..but my cat coulda told me that. Bristol city are shit.

I said previously I couldn't wait for the football to start because it would stop the tedium. I was wrong.

Don't you think you're being a touch early with your prediction? 90 minutes into the season and you think you've seen the League 1 champions? Fuckin hell, 24 hours ago, someone had your pants down about the match being off because it was raining!!

One game and it's panic stations? "We need to get a result at Coventry/Northampton"

Come on for fuck's sake.

Wonder myself how and why someone would have the crystal ball out this early in the season. We have seen one team play. All I can get from it all is we need to strengthen at the back. What if those chances we had in the first half had gone in and we had won by 3 or 4? Would it all be Ok? I think NC knows what he needs to do but most of all give it 10 games before you start crowning champions will you?

I don't think they were that good, at all. They did, however exploit some critical weaknesses in our defence. The rest of the time they were moderately compact where they needed to be, but in midfield they gave the ball away time and time again. The first goal was an excellent header following some shit defending out wide with Harris guilty of not forcing him out wide. The header was unchallenged and from about 11 yards. Their second was just poor positional and marking technique leaving Elliot to just do the finishing, itself assisted by Howard not moving off his line quick enough to prevent the ball flashing across him and into the far corner. Apart from another shot from Elliot that Howard saved well and some scuffed efforts from Freeman (who to me is still a quality player) they were not even in the bracket that tells me they will be even top six come May 15. Standout player for them was Flint, who is everything Collins aught to be.

pommpey
Bristol's 1st goal was Basham's fault for giving away the ball so needlessly although Harris wasnt alert enough to snuff out Bristol's RB

Didn't see anything at all to suggest Bristol C will be champions unless of course all the teams left in League one are truly shite, play off contenders maybe but they certainly will not run away with this league. More like our poor lacklustre showing made them look much better than they are.

As for us we need to toughen up in the spine of the side, Bring Collins in, move Alcock to full back and Bring Doyle back in for Basham.It always looked a difficult first few games but we need to get a result at Coventry/Northampton now as Peterboro away the following Game looks a bit beyond us at the moment.

After a slow start to the season, we will end up finishing above Bristol City and you can hold me to that.

Back
Top Bottom