They might not have the Higgopotamus but they have Fuller!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The_Green_Man

Slave to the NHS.
Reaction score
I have just learnt that Oldham have signed Ricardo Fuller on a three month deal after a successful trial at the club and that they hope unleash him on us this weekend.

So Higdon might be ineligible to play in this fixture but they now have a suitable replacement in 6.3ft Ricardo fuller. There are quite a few comparisons between the two as both are big, physical and clumbersome and neither of them have had much success in finding the net over the last couple of seasons.

I suppose we just have to thank our lucky stars that recent trialist Febian Brandy hasn't put pen to paper with the latics as of yet!

Doesn't seem that long ago when Fuller terrorised Villa playing for Stoke in their first home game of Stoke's first season back in the Prem! Just checked and he'll be 36 at the end of the month so hopefully he's lost a yard or two!

Doesn't seem that long ago when Fuller terrorised Villa playing for Stoke in their first home game of Stoke's first season back in the Prem! Just checked and he'll be 36 at the end of the month so hopefully he's lost a yard or two!

More concerned about Poleon, who scored two against us last time and seems to have improved since his loan spell with us.

Over recent years I think of Oldham as a team made entirely out of our cast-offs who always play better than the players we decided to keep for our first team.

It's one of those that when you hear it you think 'he might cause us problems' but if he'd signed for us there would have been some moans and groans.
what we signed that big useless lump for would have been the cry , now all of a sudden hesDarren Ferrguson at his peak

we go to Oldham letting them worry about our 3 pronged attack

Hope we batter them. They have an inexplicable hatred of us.

Scored 42 in 182 for Stoke. Left in 2012 and scored 15 total in the league since (according to wiki).

At the risk of looking like a mug if he costs us points, there's a reason he's signing for Oldham.

Yes I assume he meant Duncan!

Fuller has always been skillful but dare I say lacking in the goals department. Without wishing to jinx it at all, of course.

Much of that stems from us ending that unbeaten run on that plastic pitch. Moaned for weeks.

Nothing to do with us battering down the gates one particularly cold day (well not so much a battering down as someone leaning on them and them springing open) and then storming across the pitch before the game kicked off, then. That sort of thing tends to piss people off.

We haven't been reduced to 9 for a couple of seasons so they're probably expecting some of that as well.

More concerned about Poleon, who scored two against us last time and seems to have improved since his loan spell with us.

Not sure about improved mate, I think he has only scored three since he joined Oldham 13 months ago. Two of them against us of course!

Not sure about improved mate, I think he has only scored three since he joined Oldham 13 months ago. Two of them against us of course!

The further you are away from something the better it starts to look....

Back
Top Bottom