Them signings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Is it just me, or was anyone else expecting some movement today, seen as though the team will be in Hartlepool early tomorrow (or even tonight?).. Adkins also mentioned this yesterday, that its not ideal that teams should play on deadline day.

Wonder if its a signal that we'll be relying on the loan window as opposed to permanent deals. Which could also lead to the fact we won't be signing anyone from our division. But maybe thats a 2+2=5 scenario.

Ye, I can't see Nigel being heavy involved with personal terms and transfer fees.

I wouldn't mind Adkins staying behind tomorrow and let Crosby take the team to Hartlepool.

I dont think anyone paying to go will agree with you...

I'm going but I don't really care how far we get in the competition and I wouldn't be overly pissed off if we played a ridiculously weakened team either. I never wish us to lose but I want this momentum in the league to carry on!

Is it just me, or was anyone else expecting some movement today, seen as though the team will be in Hartlepool early tomorrow (or even tonight?).. Adkins also mentioned this yesterday, that its not ideal that teams should play on deadline day.

Wonder if its a signal that we'll be relying on the loan window as opposed to permanent deals. Which could also lead to the fact we won't be signing anyone from our division. But maybe thats a 2+2=5 scenario.

Which signings you on about? Is it the we tried but couldn't get it done signings or the these things take time signings so we'll be looking at the loan window ?

Which signings you on about? Is it the we tried but couldn't get it done signings or the these things take time signings so we'll be looking at the loan window ?

Both.

I dont think anyone paying to go will agree with you...

Surely anyone going to the cup games this seasons will realise that there is a possibility that it could be the reserves they end up watching and will have based their decision to attend on this?

I'm going but I don't really care how far we get in the competition and I wouldn't be overly pissed off if we played a ridiculously weakened team either. I never wish us to lose but I want this momentum in the league to carry on!
Conversely maybe letting the side gel and forwards stay in form might help the league form. Why have have such a deep squad if we aren't going to use it?

Conversely maybe letting the side gel and forwards stay in form might help the league form. Why have have such a deep squad if we aren't going to use it?

I agree bob maybe it could work to our benefits by allowing them to continue the momentum in the cup however equally so, we could send a full strength team up to Hartlepool and have 1 or 2 key players limp off the pitch injured. Which would seriously knock our league form.

I agree bob maybe it could work to our benefits by allowing them to continue the momentum in the cup however equally so, we could send a full strength team up to Hartlepool and have 1 or 2 key players limp off the pitch injured. Which would seriously knock our league form.
You can't wrap them in cotton wool, and just as likely to get injured in cup as league. Would you start testing them against lower opposition in the league? Don't play with the brake on, if we get injuries we'll deal with them, that's why we have a big expensive squad.
Confidence grows through the entire squad when we do well in he cups, and we have 10 days to sort out any niggles.

Don't play with the brake on, if we get injuries we'll deal with them, that's why we have a big expensive squad.
Quite a lot of whom are either long term injured, perpetually injured or temporarily injured. Which is why we only had 2 viable centre midfielders available on Saturday. Being sensible this season is about priorities i.e. promotion first, everything else last. Risking key players in what I'm sorry to say I view as a nothing game in a nothing cup would be irresponsible.

Back
Top Bottom