The way the last 2 away results came about says promotion.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It definitely proves something's changed.

Think the way we scored says a lot. I know it's easy to take risks when you're losing, but in the past couple of seasons we actually haven't. We've had uninspiring managers and players who would've taken a 1-0 loss without a fight and then given us a speech about how it's a tough place to go and we've stuck to our system and been unlucky and blah blah blah. Now we're throwing our centre halves into the box and giving every game all that we've got.

Still a little disappointed as these are games and opportunities where we need to capitalise, especially having dominated the game. On the other hand, it keeps the unbeaten run going, puts another point on the board, and continues to build an excellent basis for a real push this season.

Mcnulty and Adams have gone, their mates' attitudes have changed. We have a good manager who suits the club and players with desire who are beginning to understand what it takes and want to do well for the club.

We certainly seem to have more bottle than I have seen in a Sheffield United team for a good few years at least. We are also playing good football again.

The only downside at present is our lack of composure up front. Both Sharp and Done should each have more in the goals scored column but at least the chances are coming I suppose. Once we start putting 2 or 3 past teams regularly then we will truly look like a promotion side. It will come, feeling very confident as things stand.

Turning draws into wins and defeats into draws. Long may it continue.

Whatever next grinding out wins when not playing very well, scoring last minute equalisers, getting stuck in showing a bit of fight and passion, after a decidedly dodgy start to the season Wilder is turning the club around. As a team we are still not where we want to be yet but we are getting there it is all building momentum, the unbeaten run carries on. I'm happy with the last two results even if they have been draws. Win your home games and draw away will only lead to one result at the end of the season, I am beginning to think we this season might be the one where we give it a real good go at getting out of this division.

Whatever next grinding out wins when not playing very well, scoring last minute equalisers, getting stuck in showing a bit of fight and passion, after a decidedly dodgy start to the season Wilder is turning the club around. As a team we are still not where we want to be yet but we are getting there it is all building momentum, the unbeaten run carries on. I'm happy with the last two results even if they have been draws. Win your home games and draw away will only lead to one result at the end of the season, I am beginning to think we this season might be the one where we give it a real good go at getting out of this division.

The last 2 results have been a draw and a win.

I think if we start to put in some really good performances and winning by 3-0 or 4-0 I'll believe we are a promotion team.

As we haven't won a match by 2 clear goals yet, I'm thinking we are looking more like a playoff team at the moment.

Battling qualities are good, but being ruthless and putting teams away is a more important quality of a promotion team.

We kept going til the last kick, the unbeaten run continues, and the players, manager and fans show that they are all in it together and want to succeed. What a refreshing change and difference from last seasons shambles.

Other positives...EEL dropped a bollock and will hopefully learn from it (as well as redeeming himself so will feel better about that), he seemed genuinely ecstatic to have equalised and celebrated madly with the fans...shows he cares and can only be a good thing if we are trying to get him permanently in Jan. Also another good display from Moore who is a million times better than Curious George, and i thought Hussey did well when he came on. Seems that CW wasnt lying when he said Lafferty hadnt come in to replace anyone...more that he will add to the squad. Despite an iffy start, the 352 formation will probably suit Hussey and i think he will play a large part in this season. Lots of positives from yesterday and another tricky away game out of the way. Whisper it quietly but this could end up being our season...at long last. :)

The last two games have produced average performances. Not poor ones but we certainly don't look like a top 2 side. However we seem to have got that old Sheffield United fight back. A bit of fire in there bellies and that will serve them well especially with the supporters. You could see that after we scored yesterday, even with Simon Moore at the other end of the pitch

I think if we start to put in some really good performances and winning by 3-0 or 4-0 I'll believe we are a promotion team.

As we haven't won a match by 2 clear goals yet, I'm thinking we are looking more like a playoff team at the moment.

Battling qualities are good, but being ruthless and putting teams away is a more important quality of a promotion team.
I was struggling to write something of this nature last night, I do think we are a team similar in quality to most others in this division but are just wanting it more at the moment. If our strikers can start converting the chances that are made, I'll believe.

The way we're playing at the moment would suit Leon Clarke down to the ground. Crosses into the box, not as effective with Done and Sharp up top considering they're both about 5'9.

Hussey was very good when he came on yesterday btw.

Back
Top Bottom