The way forward for SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

him behind you

Reaction score
I've completely changed my mind and I no longer agree to doing things the right way.

Bollocks to all this working within the Financial guidelines or living within your means - we've tried this and it's got us nowhere. The way to go is obviously the Leicester / Bournemouth model. Spend as much as you want (not what you should or can afford) because you'll get away with it. If is doesn't work, nothing to worry about, just go into administration a time or 2, don't pay your debts, and start again by buying players you previously wouldn't have been able to afford. Do this and the press will love you. Come on Kev and HRH, you know it makes sense. SPEND, SPEND, SPEND.

Well in the last 5-10 years we haven't exactly done 'failure on the cheap'. Its a misconception that we haven't spent money, however we've pissed it away on Sacking managers, buying a new squad for each manager and the knock on effects of the new manager not having the full money to allow him to succeed.

Weir was probably the unluckiest manager in the respect that he had no budget to spend, by comparison. However, its probably a blessing.

The best thing that this club can do is focus less on what we spend but more on how it gets spent. This would be the biggest argument for having a footballing man at Board level.

We haven't had a united Board and Management/ Coaching team in place for many years and it doesn't look like changing anytime soon

Nah, McCabes made it pretty obvious he's done spending. Consolidation in this league has been a successful strategy so far so why change?

Losing around £16million plus or so in the last three years and with a squad worth next to nothing is a "successful strategy"?

Really?

Back
Top Bottom