The Spurs Game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sheff de party

Reaction score
I'll be honest, even though I ditched a stag do where I was Best Man to come home early and attend the Hull semi final, I didn't think we'd win. I didn't think we'd beat Villa, Southampton or QPR. I was certain we'd beat Forest and Charlton.

I think we're going to win on Wednesday. I think we'll be 0-0 at half time, get one in the first 20 mins of the second half and watch them back off and panic. The point is, we have absolutely nothing to be scared of. It'll be cold, wet and windy most likely and we'll be bang up for it. It's a big enough game for Spurs, but for most of our players it's possibly the biggest of their career going forward. They're out of the FA Cup but for me it just shows they can be beaten.

If Bradford can beat Chelsea and Middlesborough can beat City, both away, we can beat Spurs at home.

One thing we can be sure of is they'll give it everything, Bramall Lane is sold out and it's going to be one hell of a night.

COYRAWW!

As ever, I am pessimistic. As I said, it's the way of United to think we have a chance (cf Half time in April) and then bugger it up.

I reckon a 1-0 win for Spurs (but that could be me steeling myself for disappointment).

I think, after WHL both teams will think they've done the hard work.

For Spurs, they got the win and simply have to keep a clean sheet to win it.
For us, we needed to keep us within touching distance in the away leg to keep the tie alive. We did just that.

Fascinating game now, our 100% record of failing at the final hurdle since I've been alive means I won't be holding my breath, but I couldn't be looking forward to it any more if there was a half time blowie from Pixie Lott thrown in.

I think Clough needs to play similar tactics from the first leg for the first half, and try and go in at 0-0. Then in the second half, do what we didn't do in the first leg and get forward in numbers.

I'm with you mate, I think it'll be defensive and tight in the first half, with the odd counter into their half (imagine the noise when we get a corner), but ultimately NC would settle for 0-0.

Second half, attack the Kop.

I'll be honest, even though I ditched a stag do where I was Best Man to come home early and attend the Hull semi final, I didn't think we'd win. I didn't think we'd beat Villa, Southampton or QPR. I was certain we'd beat Forest and Charlton.

I think we're going to win on Wednesday. I think we'll be 0-0 at half time, get one in the first 20 mins of the second half and watch them back off and panic. The point is, we have absolutely nothing to be scared of. It'll be cold, wet and windy most likely and we'll be bang up for it. It's a big enough game for Spurs, but for most of our players it's possibly the biggest of their career going forward. They're out of the FA Cup but for me it just shows they can be beaten.

If Bradford can beat Chelsea and Middlesborough can beat City, both away, we can beat Spurs at home.

One thing we can be sure of is they'll give it everything, Bramall Lane is sold out and it's going to be one hell of a night.

COYRAWW!

Sorry to piss on the parade but 2-1 to Utd leaving Spurs through on away goal.

Only we could win and not get to the final.

I think Spurs will score and I can't see us getting the 3 goals required if they do.

I can see us winning, but not by enough. Like IOM Blade says if they score we'll need 3.
I think we'll score but I don't think we can stop them doing the same

We need to keep a clean sheet and score 2, it's a big ask but if we rattle em and get Murphy in behind and get a bit of luck upfront we'll 'do em'.

Also will the attendance be 30,000 or have we sold the extra 2k?

I am starting to get twitchy....

harry-redknapp_2436377b.jpg

My biggest worry is that we were excellent first leg and they were terrible (by respective standards), yet they beat us 1-0 without us having a shot on target. So, it seems unlikely we would be at our best whilst they are at their worst AND still score the 2 goals required to go through. Here 's hoping. The biggest shame would be them scoring in the first 10 minutes, what a crap tie it would be then!

My biggest worry is that we were excellent first leg and they were terrible (by respective standards), yet they beat us 1-0 without us having a shot on target. So, it seems unlikely we would be at our best whilst they are at their worst AND still score the 2 goals required to go through. Here 's hoping. The biggest shame would be them scoring in the first 10 minutes, what a crap tie it would be then!

I agree. If Spurs score early it will be a very big ask for the Blades to win the tie.

A similar evening to the Coventry Cup replay from 98 will do me just fine but with a clean sheet this time.

Tel Kennedy to a Holdsworth and Howard to be our new Alan Kelly.

Ah Mr Doom - Glass half empty yet again
Wouldn't like to be with you going into battle
Good job Bradford City had a bit more belief when they were 0-2 down at Chelsea on Saturday at half time - fortunately a massive heart, 100% effort, some balls and a couple of ex-Blades in Stead and Yeates did the trick !

After this weekends results and Uniteds' excellent cup runs during the last two season the thing that strikes me about all the Premier League teams are:
Inflated Wages, Inflated Egos, Inflated Hype and loads of Bullsh!t - Supporters of Premier teams have such a low opinion of the rest of football that it stinks - They feel they have a God-Given Right to win - how dare any team from the Football League think that they can beat them ! Well they can ask Villa, Fulham, QPR, West Ham, and this week you can add Manchester City, Swansea, Chelsea to the list as well as Liverpool and Man Ure getting almighty scares!
Premier League players are not as good as they and Sky Sports think they are !!! Anyone on here want to swap Mark Howard for Vorm - Thought Not !

I commend your optimism.

Well, you didn't exactly dismantle us in the first leg. I expected Erikkson and Kane to run us ragged, and they didn't.

One daft moment from our defender and suddenly you guys are getting ready with the brasso.

Think on. We've beaten PL teams in the past with plenty to spare.

pommpey

When Liverpool won one of their titles and a european cup they used 15 players one season and only had 1 sub as an option , if like when colchester beat leeds united in the cup they beat their full1st team , Bradford played a Chelsea side that had NINE changes from the Liverpool game , so players were out there that hadnt any game time , all the money in the world is no substitute for playing and being in the groove, All the money spent on transfers is only really relevant to the tv money they get , players are no better now, just overly inflated in price.

If Spurs get an early goal we've had it. The fans will go quiet, the players' heads will drop and it'll be party time in the Bramall Lane stand. We need to keep it very tight early on til the game settles. Then see what happens....

I can't see Spurs not scoring, it's just when they score which will make the difference. Hopefully something like this will do:

1-0
2-0
2-1
3-1 on the counter in the 90th min.

Job done, book Wembley hotel...

Ah Mr Doom - Glass half empty yet again
Wouldn't like to be with you going into battle
Good job Bradford City had a bit more belief when they were 0-2 down at Chelsea on Saturday at half time - fortunately a massive heart, 100% effort, some balls and a couple of ex-Blades in Stead and Yeates did the trick !

On what planet is my post 'glass half empty'? It is realistic to think it's a huge ask for us to beat Spurs by 2 goals. I haven't said we CAN'T or WON'T win the tie, it's perfectly reasonable for any sane human to think we have a huge task in getting through. Forgive my realism, I forgot you don't apply the rules of sanity or logic when reading my posts!

Well, you didn't exactly dismantle us in the first leg. I expected Erikkson and Kane to run us ragged, and they didn't.

One daft moment from our defender and suddenly you guys are getting ready with the brasso.

Think on. We've beaten PL teams in the past with plenty to spare.

pommpey

Blimey. I thought I was paying the fella compliment. That told me!

Back
Top Bottom