The sounds of silence

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harry's Game

Reaction score
At 4.30pm on Saturday with the score at one each Jim Phipps tweeted about another 19k + attendence, since then nothing, not a comment on the game, the result, none of the usual attempts to defend the manager, the players or anything.

Could it be that they are finally realising the absolute mess the manager they backed so heavily in the JTW has created? could they looking at their options already?

They surely cannot be happy with the ever growing chances of missing the play offs?

I saw the thread title and thought you were referring to this comment on the skywebsite re the Crewe game,

"Bramall Lane had all the atmosphere of a dentist's waiting room and, from United's perspective, the football was similarly dull."

Difficult to put a positive spin on the Crewe game and any comments were probably best said in private to NC.

I saw the thread title and thought you were referring to this comment on the skywebsite re the Crewe game, "Bramall Lane had all the atmosphere of a dentist's waiting room and, from United's perspective, the football was similarly dull."
Difficult to put a positive spin on the Crewe game and any comments were probably best said in private to NC.

The football is as agonising as pulling teeth, that has to be said. We are a thin veneer of what we have been at stages this season.
Even the first team shirt has had a Whitening.
All the atmosphere of a dentists waiting room eh? I suspect they were just filling in and whilst that kind of statement crowns everything the result is sure to be a situation that the board is probably just wanting to floss over.

The football is as agonising as pulling teeth, that has to be said. We are a thin veneer of what we have been at stages this season.
Even the first team shirt has had a Whitening.
All the atmosphere of a dentists waiting room eh? I suspect they were just filling in and whilst that kind of statement crowns everything the result is sure to be a situation that the board is probably just wanting to floss over.

But that won't wash, automatic is a bridge to far and fans won't pallet missing out on play off spot

At 4.30pm on Saturday with the score at one each Jim Phipps tweeted about another 19k + attendence, since then nothing, not a comment on the game, the result, none of the usual attempts to defend the manager, the players or anything.

Could it be that they are finally realising the absolute mess the manager they backed so heavily in the JTW has created? could they looking at their options already?

They surely cannot be happy with the ever growing chances of missing the play offs?

Aw, c'mon. Jim, and his mate Sel, work tirelessly tweeting for nothing. Nada. Nowt. I am sure international sponsorships opportunities will be booting down the fucking door at BDTBL after losing to Fleetwood, Peterborough and Crewe Alexandra.

Yay.

pommpey

How hard do you actually search for negatives ?

How hard do you actually search for negatives ?

Don't have to search very hard after 13 defeats In the third division with home defeats to the likes of Fleetwood and Crewe in the last month. Is there anything in Clough's management style you don't agree with?

If he came out of the tunnel after half time and started machine gunning people in John Street I suspect you find an excuse for it.

Fourth worst manger in my time watching the Blades, only Robson, Heath and Weir have been worse, I fact I would put him equal third worst with Heath thinking about it.

Last edited:
Don't have to search very hard after 13 defeats In the thrird division with home defeats to the likes of Fleetwood and Crewe in the last month. Is there anything in Clough's management style you don't agree with?

If he came out of the tunnel after half time and started machine gunning people in John Street I suspect you find an excuse for it.

Fourth worst manger in my time watching the Blades, only Robson, Heath and Weir have been worse, I fact I would put him equal third worst with Heath thinking about it.
Yes those promotion challenges and cup runs under Heath were great.

Heath would have been a good manager, but lacked a hard man to work alongside him. Kevin ball was supposed to come with him as a good cop bad cop team. But Sunderland wanted to hang on to him until such time as they were safe from relegation.
The rest they say is history

Heath would have been a good manager, but lacked a hard man to work alongside him. Kevin ball was supposed to come with him as a good cop bad cop team. But Sunderland wanted to hang on to him until such time as they were safe from relegation.
The rest they say is history

They've been worried about relegation an awful lot over the last 15 years - he's still a coach there isn't he?

I remember reading an article about how Heath wanted his teams set up with attacking verve and wingers, it sounded great. I think I only saw a couple of his games so I can't really comment on that brief era. The blend of the management team and coaches is definitely very important though.

Don't have to search very hard after 13 defeats In the third division with home defeats to the likes of Fleetwood and Crewe in the last month. Is there anything in Clough's management style you don't agree with?

Thirteen defeats. We must have lost to Barnsley already then? That really is negative. Losing a game before it's been played.

I dunno if the chances of us missing out are are "ever-growing" given the season we've had. At the start of the season we looked like we might miss out on them, then we inched into them and have been in the play off places ever since. Two recent home losses caused jitters, two home wins (and five goals) steadied the ship, and most recently a loss against Crewe has caused concern.

We'll probably be just as inconsistant for the rest of the season, but no team below us is winning every game either. Three more wins and a couple of draws from our final eight games will probably see us over the line. Probably.

Back
Top Bottom