The Ref

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Small Mendonca

Reaction score
Possibly one of the worst ever? Absolute joke. I thought he was worse for us but not great for them either; we had some free kicks that were never free kicks.

He set the precedence for the game by pulling fouls up that were never fouls and booking players that were never bookings. He ruined the first half and his inadequacy and Swindon's gamesmanship led to the substitution of Higdon.

Luckily it didn't affect the result but had Higdon been sent off in the first half for nothingness fouls (apart from his booking), the result could have been different.

David Coote, you should never be allowed to referee a football game again.

Worst I can remember seeing
I even nearly swore in the family stand

He was so bad I was feeling sorry for him by the end of the game. He just got worse and worse. I had a chat with a Swindon fan afterwards and we agreed that he managed to annoy both sets of fans equally.

Not that he was helped by Swindon's Nathan Thompson, who chucked himself to the ground in a blatant attempt to get Higdon sent off even before the incident that led to the substitution, and then committed the most cynical of fouls on Adams for which he should have been imprisoned and then executed, ne'er mind red carded.

he was one of the worst refs i've ever seen.. saying that Swindons barcelona style tactics didn't help.. absolute disgrace of a team. reminded me of Leeds in the 70's . they were up to every trick in the book.. and a few new ones

Quite. The ref. was unbelievably bad but it doesn't excuse Swindons tactics. They targeted Higdon to rile him. When he was (inevitably) booked, they decided to try to get him sent off. Thankfully NC could see how this was panning out & replaced him.

Out of many crap decisions, possibly the worst was for our free-kick right on half-time. Having fucked about with his shaving foam and got the Swindon wall back (roughly) ten yards, he blatantly ignored one of their defenders who was 'on his marks' barely 6 yards from the ball.

A crap game - laughably bad in the first half - and a crap ref. And how the fuck are Swindon up near the top? They're shite.

A crap game - laughably bad in the first half - and a crap ref. And how the fuck are Swindon up near the top? They're shite.

One of the best teams on the ball we've faced, if not the best. Their number 14 was as classy as you'll find in this league, but thankfully he never found the killer ball and they didn't finish well at all.

Intriguing game. Great heart from United reserves. Even better result.

his inconsistency was incredible. Played advantage for them then brought it back after 4 secs. Then in less time when he was about to blow realised we had one we lost it and he played on!! The Booking for Kennedy when he could not possibly have got out of the way? Missed the forearm smash on Scougall twice. If we'd have lost today I'd be looking up his home address and boarding his doors and windows up with him in it so he could not possibly put another group of fans through that sort of torment again.

Luckily it didn't affect the result
If he hadn't been booked and stayed on I don't think we would have done better than a draw. He tried hard today but he had his back to goal all the time, sorry he's not for me! Murphey running at the defence and off the ball runs were brilliant today and turned the tide in our favour.​

i reckon he was there as some kind of observer actually.. nathan thomson seemed to be reffing the game most of the time
i've never seen anything so blatant as what happened to higdon actually. it was shocking gamesmanship. they deliberately played it to the full back knowing full well higdon would be obliged to make a challenge and their lad was down before he even reached him.. shameless.. i'm glad we beat them

he was one of the worst refs i've ever seen.. saying that Swindons barcelona style tactics didn't help.. absolute disgrace of a team. reminded me of Leeds in the 70's . they were up to every trick in the book.. and a few new ones
A son of Dirty Leeds managing them, what do you expect.

Dirty cheating gets.

absolute stonewall penalty he didn't give them in injury time.

we used up one of our get out of jail cards.

UTB

PS: yes he was shit - go and have a look at his stats on soccerbase - been a ref for 5 years and seems very card happy.

He was a joke.

Che Adams took it past one, knocked the ball on started running onto it with wide open space infront of him before another player come from the side and totally wiped him out.

YELLOW. YES YELLOW!!!

We probably (hopefuly) won't see another ref display like that for a while.

and just out of interest - he reffed our game away v Walsall in the JPT where we lost.

Remember that stonewall penalty he didn't give when Porter got dropped in the box.

This fella needs specs !!!

UTB

Back
Top Bottom