The next 48 hours

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
Do you see much happening on the transfer front? NC said in his interview he has told the "powers that be" what he thinks we need to get out of the league, does that mean if no one comes in the board hasn't backed Clough even though a few weeks back Clough said they went out and got what he asked for?

Surely we have money to spend?

Do you see much happening on the transfer front? NC said in his interview he has told the "powers that be" what he thinks we need to get out of the league, does that mean if no one comes in the board hasn't backed Clough even though a few weeks back Clough said they went out and got what he asked for?

Bloke I spoke to at Preston Station after the match reckons six will be in their way out; I don't think he was an ITK-er, but just seemed to think that was the amount we'd move on to accommodate the four coming in.

He reckoned Doyle's body language when he was subbed (in the 91st minute) suggested he was on his way; don't see it myself but stranger things do happen.

judge will be along shortly to tell us all we having got any money,nor have we ever had any.:D

Just a striker for me. Think a quality winger would be useful, but don't expect anything on that front really. Definitely a striker and i'd be fairly content.

Can see a fall out with clough and board if we don't sign at least one of his proposed targets

OTE="S18BLADE, post: 644107, member: 14176"]Can see a fall out with clough and board if we don't sign at least one of his proposed targets[/QUOTE]
Do you happen to know next weeks lottery numbers? :)

Can see a fall out with clough and board if we don't sign at least one of his proposed targets

2ym9fn4.jpg

Good ol' fax machine I say. But for it, we'd have the mediocre John Fleck and "sunk without trace" Kyle Hutton.

Thanks Fax.

Clough gave 2 interviews post game and alluded to us not having enough at the moment. Also said it was out of his hands in that he had identified the targets and it was up to others (eg other clubs and our board). Did not sound convinced we would get our targets for whatever reason.

On one hand he has signed a lot but get feeling he has been restrcited to some degree as we have not really made any stand out signings or pushed the boat out (not that it always works). I did sense some frustration in his words that we cannot get that extra quality.

Just hope it is not the same old story and the board not supporting our manager. It does seem the investment last year has not seen any significant change in transfer policy or desire to take division by scruff of the neck.

gave 2 interviews post game and alluded to us not having enough at the moment. Also said it was out of his hands in that he had identified the targets and it was up to others (eg other clubs and our board). Did not sound convinced we would get our targets for whatever reason.

On one hand he has signed a lot but get feeling he has been restrcited to some degree as we have not really made any stand out signings or pushed the boat out (not that it always works). I did sense some frustration in his words that we cannot get that extra quality.

Just hope it is not the same old story and the board not supporting our manager. It does seem the investment last year has not seen any significant change in transfer policy or desire to take division by scruff of the neck.
Oh dear deaders witchunt for you now

Pearce and James.
The two names at the top of the 'rumours' section are there for a reason I guess...Leed's 'apparently after Harry on loan then to move Pearce on to us and perhaps more interestingly will the board 'splash out' for James???

Is any of this 'true'...we shall see...

I can see more going out than in.

Outs Perm
Mcginn
and 1 other (maybe Collins or Doyle?)

Outs Loans
Willis
Di Giro
Reed

Ins
1 perm
1 loan

And if it was me i would ship Porter out as well. He hasnt really had a look in at all and i wonder why we even signed him back up?

Apparently Clough wants 4 by the deadline

2 permanent and 2 loans until January, it was a quote from the star

Back up right back, centre half and a striker plus one other

I think Howard might attract a bid with the form he's been in.
Possibly Baxter, possibly Murphy?
The club need to stay strong and resist any offers.
Even if the player and his agent act mardy.

Four new players in does seem excessive.
I would settle for us signing two and not selling any first-teamers.

Butler out perm
Diego / Willis / maybe more youngsters out on loan

Two in perm

Butler out perm
Diego / Willis / maybe more youngsters out on loan

Two in perm

Does anyone remember when Simon Stainrod returned after the close season with a perm?

With naturally curly hair I couldn't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to pay to look like me.

Big 48 hours for the Board. We clearly need more quality, including a better striker. The only reason this won't happen is if the Board continues to show no ambition.

Spending a lot of money doesn't always work - but spending little very rarely works.

The fans have done their bit by turning up in big numbers. Time for the Board to back up the words we heard when the Prince came in.

I believe that the only way that NC will not make additions to the squad is if clubs are not prepared to release the players that he wants, on deals that he considers realistic.
He will ( thank God) not waste money.
Prefer to wait for the right players at the right price than have Warnock and Robson sign players just to earn money or throw desperation at no inspiration

Clough gave 2 interviews post game and alluded to us not having enough at the moment. Also said it was out of his hands in that he had identified the targets and it was up to others (eg other clubs and our board). Did not sound convinced we would get our targets for whatever reason.

Big 48 hours for the Board. We clearly need more quality, including a better striker. The only reason this won't happen is if the Board continues to show no ambition.

Spending a lot of money doesn't always work - but spending little very rarely works.

The fans have done their bit by turning up in big numbers. Time for the Board to back up the words we heard when the Prince came in.

Agreed ..... we don't need to spend huge amounts of money in this division, but what we do need are consistent performers at this level. We certainly need a pacey strong striker who can score goals or we will NOT be competing for the top two positions, that's a certainty !!!
UTB & FTP

Agreed ..... we don't need to spend huge amounts of money in this division, but what we do need are consistent performers at this level. We certainly need a pacey strong striker who can score goals or we will NOT be competing for the top two positions, that's a certainty !!!
UTB & FTP
I personally think we will be all right,plus Doyle can play on the left now when Murphy goes up top:D

Back
Top Bottom