The movers and shakers in this league?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The_Green_Man

Slave to the NHS.
Reaction score
I know it is early doors but I have just been looking at the table 5 games in and comparing it to how I thought it might look a month or ago.

upload_2015-9-2_15-3-15.png

I don't think I am overly shocked at Walsall going well, they have some quality players at the club and I think should they keep hold of them I can't see why they can't mount a decent challenge for a top 6 birth this season. I don't think they have enough about them to hold a top 2 spot but I think they will do well.

Burton are another who are doing well under Jimmy and to be fair they are good value for money for their current league position. I didn't know too much about them prior to the season starting other than the fact that they have some smart young players and they are full of confidence. Again I look at the though and think they might be living a bit of a honeymoon period at the minute. I expect them to go well this season but I don't know if they have the experience to kep the pace when it comes to the nitty gritty part of the season.

Rochdale are a bit of a shock for me. I didn't expect them to start as well as they have. Another team who I overlooked at the start of the season. I don't think my opinions have changed and I still expect them to be a mid table team. You can't knock the cracking start that they had had though.

Wigan, Barnsley and Doncaster. Well I expected all of them to be more prominent and early runners. I don't mind them having an early blip and giving us an head start because I am in no doubts that all of these three will hit some sort of form and consistency before too long. I would be happy as larry if we can do a Bristol City and get a good foothold at the top of the table whilst everyone else find their feet.

As for the bottom of the league I don't think I see any surprises in the bottom 5 really. All of which were bound to struggle in my opinion and I don't personally think you will see things that much different at the end of the season. I also think Bury will find themselves struggling with that lot. From our point of view you have to look at the 6 I have mentioned above as teams that are there for the taking. That would be 36 much welcomed points for us.

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-2_15-1-2.png
    upload_2015-9-2_15-1-2.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 9
Not a good time for our game against Colchester to get re-scheduled, even for just 10 days - we'll be playing "catch up" again.

Our league position has gone 24, 12, 8, 4, 2 and by Saturday night it will be our first "drop".

Not a good time for our game against Colchester to get re-scheduled, even for just 10 days - we'll be playing "catch up" again.

Our league position has gone 24, 12, 8, 4, 2 and by Saturday night it will be our first "drop".

Blimey. That's putting a negative spin on things, even on a Sheffield United forum.

Back
Top Bottom