The mark of a good team

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hartley Hare

Being Naughty
Reaction score
Don't laugh.

I know, we were terrible, shocking, awful performance for 80+ minutes.

Slow, second to every challenge, no movement or purpose, poor passing and decision making. I can't remember one shot on target in the first half, although, I found it hard to follow the ball in the murky distance. Outplayed by Colchester.

Higdon lacked movement, was slow and ponderous - he seems a poor version of Porter. I just don't think he is fit, and looks more like a rugby player than a footballer.

The game changed when firstly Flynn came on, then Scougall. Action, purpose, drive and five minutes later we had scored three goals. o_O

They say the mark of a good team is to win when you play poorly.

Hmmmm, not so sure about that.

HH

PS. I quite liked the cafe culture at Colchester, which in all respects is otherwise as dead as a door nail. Live band outside the stadium with the bar open for all fans to grab a beer and mingle. Pity there were only about thirty of us there, and the beer was crap.

Don't laugh.

I know, we were terrible, shocking, awful performance for 80+ minutes.

Slow, second to every challenge, no movement or purpose, poor passing and decision making. I can't remember one shot on target in the first half, although, I found it hard to follow the ball in the murky distance. Outplayed by Colchester.

Higdon lacked movement, was slow and ponderous - he seems a poor version of Porter. I just don't think he is fit, and looks more like a rugby player than a footballer.

The game changed when firstly Flynn came on, then Scougall. Action, purpose, drive and five minutes later we had scored three goals. o_O

They say the mark of a good team is to win when you play poorly.

Hmmmm, not so sure about that.

HH

PS. I quite liked the cafe culture at Colchester, which in all respects is otherwise as dead as a door nail. Live band outside the stadium with the bar open for all fans to grab a beer and mingle. Pity there were only about thirty of us there, and the beer was crap.

Never mind HH, sitting here in Sheffield, listening to the game and suffering for just over 80 minutes, what followed for the remainder of the game was, quite simply, the stuff of dreams. Great result and an away win, I hope your return trip was one massive smile.

The Mark of a good team.

600.jpg

Don't know if its the mark of a good team, but promotions and titles have been won by winning ugly and with huge slices of luck, which have never been in abundance with the blades, so maybe it bodes well for us this season.
We can live in hope if we die in despair
UTB

Don't know if its the mark of a good team, but promotions and titles have been won by winning ugly and with huge slices of luck, which have never been in abundance with the blades, so maybe it bodes well for us this season.
We can live in hope if we die in despair
UTB

That is moving dangerously close to optimism there, Rollo. Don't stir the Knockers (oooo, err...) ;)

I think the mark of a good team that grinds out promotion are the ones that can get ahead and then defend that lead, do nothing spectacular but win.

Last night I think is more good fortune than the mark of a good team, you can't legislate for scoring 3 goals in 5 of the final few minutes.

I enjoyed it mind :D

I turned off the radio when they scored the second. I turned it on to find out the result just as Davies was taking the penalty............. 1

I turned off the radio when they scored the second. I turned it on to find out the result just as Davies was taking the penalty............. 1

At least 5 blades fans seemed to be leaving the ground when Colchester scored their second

There's a great youtube clip linked elsewhere entitled 7 minutes of madness which shows 7 or so minutes after we scored our 1st. Even from that clip you can see that Colchester just sat back and let us have the ball which in the end did for them. As much as we pulled it out of the fire, Colchester will be kicking themselves that they played right into our hands. Just shows that even at 2-0 up, 1 goal back and the nervousness creeps in, despite the good result they had last Saturday. Good by us, bad by them, probably a bit of both.

Score three in first ten minutes and win, great team performance, score three in the last ten minutes and win, poor team performance..

Funny old game in it.....:rolleyes:

after years of watching Fergusons team get mullered for 80 minutes then snatch results in the last 10 why should we apologise for doing the same

we were losing and through our own tenacity we werent , lets take it as a sign of things improving

Teams that get promoted always seem to come up with last minute winners .............. I'm still hopeful that when we get that striker nothing is going to stop us. :D

Back
Top Bottom