The Luckiest Win I Can Remember

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
3 points is 3 points and you can't fault the workrate or organisation but blimey.

J-Mac and Hammond should have been off (Hammond should have had about 5 bookings!). They should have had a goal and penalty.

Special shout out to Neil Collins, the worst footballer on the pitch. At least Flynn made sure we didn't just have one shoulder on goal.

I'll say this about Coventry, for all their skill and pace they're a small team who look very uncertain defending corners.

But hey ho, I hope the ref is getting a special Christmas bonus from Kev.

3 points is 3 points and you can't fault the workrate or organisation but blimey.

J-Mac and Hammond should have been off (Hammond should have had about 5 bookings!). They should have had a goal and penalty.

Special shout out to Neil Collins, the worst footballer on the pitch. At least Flynn made sure we didn't just have one shoulder on goal.

I'll say this about Coventry, for all their skill and pace they're a small team who look very uncertain defending corners.

But hey ho, I hope the ref is getting a special Christmas bonus from Kev.

Woolford has to be pushing Collins for "worst footballer" title...

That doesn't disguise a disgustingly poor performance. That game made me utterly despair. If they have luck like that they might avoid being sucked into a relegation battle. No hope of a top six finish this lot. They're lacking in invention, desire and any tactical cohesion. They were extremely lucky today and Coventry can feel very hard done to. Worst I've seen us play and win.

Sack him or back him in January. He needs serious money to turn that around. Otherwise the club needs someone that can get a team playing on nothing. Awful.

We fought, scrapped and battled for the first time I can remember in a long time.

Doesnt fit in with the status quo but Hammond and McEverley were superb today.

Let's not knock them tonight.

Would they have been superb if they had been sent off, as they both should have been?

Thought the substitutions from both sides changed it. Coventry looked so comfortable until they took off O'Brien and Lameiras. They were brighter than us, seemed to react and think quicker than us, and won almost every second ball.

For us, Woolford and Sammon were desperately poor. Sharp did more in his first 10 seconds on the pitch, winning a ball, controlling it and putting in a cross, than Sammon did all match.

Very lucky win, but once we scored we did control the game well and didn't give them a sniff.

The commitment was there and you can tell we are missing some key players that give us an outlet going forward. Scoogs comes on and adds a bit of pace suddenly the game opens up a bit more and we start attacking them.

APART from the tackle Jay Mac did I thought he actually did OK against players that were clearly quicker than him. As for Woolford and Collins they were pretty woeful and Collins especially is a liability when we piss about with it at the back.

Yes, we were (very) lucky, but we did at least have some fight in us this week.
Desperately need some drive and creativity in midfield, but given that Adkins brought in Woolford, Sammon and Hammond can he get it right in January?

Thought we were a lot better when Scoogs and Sharp came on. Woolford is bloody awful.

If my auntie had bollocks would she be my uncle?

We've been a soft touch for far too long. I want some fight from the lot of them and if that means the odd red card then so be it.

Ridiculous logic. If McEverly had been given his deserved red card we would have had 0 points not 3. There's a difference between commitment and effort, and simply bad, reckless tackling.

How the hell did we win that? Bloody hell, I seriously think it's kept Adkins in a job despite Woolford, McEveley and Collins doing their best to sabotage it!

Woolford has to be pushing Collins for "worst footballer" title...

They were seriously competing for the title today. Fuck!

We fought, scrapped and battled for the first time I can remember in a long time.

Hammond has had a few games now where he should have been sent off. His luck will run out eventually. He did ok apart from that but he somehow gets away with things.

J-Mac, apart from two dodgy challenges (one should have been red) had a good game considering who he was up against.

How the hell did we win that? Bloody hell, I seriously think it's kept Adkins in a job despite Woolford, McEveley and Collins doing their best to sabotage it!

They were seriously competing for the title today. Fuck!
They seemed to be taking turns

A good win that, lucky yes but maybe things are starting to turn for us. Some of the performances were woeful though, Collins gifted them 2 scoring opportunities and scares me more than J Mc. Woolford & Sammon were awful too little wonder Coventry looked the better team we really do need to move these three on in January by any means possible

Agree with all the above, but it's about time.

How often have we been kicked off the park, and referees let the opposition get away with it.

Just a pity it was on the box.

Still two 1-0 wins and clean sheets to boot.

Well said mate, agree 100%

Hammond chopped them to pieces, stuck up for his team mates and got in the ref's face. Ugly? Absolutely! But that's something we have missed all season.Every team needs an enforcer and he showed me those qualities today.

Funny how everyone praised Millwall for doing a similar job on us easier in the season isn't it, yet when we do the same it just shows how crap we are. The ref was soft as shit, verging on incompetent and guess what Hammond exploited it brilliantly.

Huge 3 points, don't give a flying **** how we got them.

A good win that, lucky yes but maybe things are starting to turn for us. Some of the performances were woeful though, Collins gifted them 2 scoring opportunities and scares me more than J Mc. Woolford & Sammon were awful too little wonder Coventry looked the better team we really do need to move these three on in January by any means possible
I don't believe that today means things are starting to turn. I've been away for over a month and we looked so much shitter.

When your two centre midfielders are playing the ball along the back four in the second half and are behind the two awful centre halves, we have issues

Everyone is afraid to make a mistake or take a chance. We were woeful, but dirty today. Does that mean Adkins has changed his style to kicking the hell out of better sides? Hope so

Actually, I can remember a luckier one but for Reading when Hislop put in the best keeping performance I've ever seen.

Would they have been superb if they had been sent off, as they both should have been?

Shoulda woulda coulda. If we had refs in this division who got 95% of their decisions right, a lot of our results for us over the past 4 seasons would look VERY different.

A win's a win. Shite first half but it was refreshing to see us get stuck in and play a bit ugly in the second. It's been missing for a long time.

What made the second half fairly enjoyable was a mix of grit and determination, coupled with pure fear of someone fucking it all up royally. I could do without the second part.

Special mention for Tyson Fu...Connor Sammon for being the most uninterested footballer on the pitch for his entire game. Soz Woolford, you narrowly missed out.

Back
Top Bottom